Another Bonus Xp week(end)

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lord Anwyn
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Zarakrux

Another Bonus Xp week(end)

Post by Lord Anwyn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Ok this is a stab in the dark but I reckon there will be another bonus xp week/end around the 10th May.

Why you ask?

Well the new Hati gloves will lose their bonus xp affect on Tuseday 10th May, according to the news article today, which seems a rather random day for them to lose their charge. If you had them for a bonus week/end you could easily level 1 combat skill from 1-99 with the massive bonus xp, and we all know how much jagex hates that, c.f. first bonus xp weekend and summoning.

So what do you think?

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: Another Bonus Xp week(end)

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm

The exp boosting items ( clay, horn atc) didn´t work anyway during the bonus exp weekends, so it would be as easy for Jagex to say that when using Hati gloves you won´t get bonus exp.

slim_102
RSN: slim_1o2

Post by slim_102 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

lol I thought the same thing when I read that, but kaleviplika makes a good point.

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Post by Poppy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:24 am

Skill weeks tend to be 6 months apart, September and March.

Pa7uL
Inactive
RSN: Lord Pa7ul

Post by Pa7uL » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am

it almost seems like jagex is getting a little bit desperate to keep peoples intreats. they might make every 1st and 3ed weekend of the month triple exp weekend. than when they realize how bad they jacked up the game they will give people free god swords for signing for a membership. after the game becomes horribly unbalanced they will unleash a string of 90's equipment for rangers and mages that require at lest 50 lvl 120's pluses to take down a new lvl 15k monster who's spacial causes people to loss all of their equipped items permanently. after a mass exodus of people who have given up on runsacpe for good, jagex, in a desperate attempt to save the company, will reveal their plans of opening a store in which players can purchase content and items for the game with real money. andrew and paul gower commit suicide out of pure disappointment and jagex goes out of business shortly after.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Well.... Here are my thoughts...

Haiti (properly known as Hati according to the actual legend) is one of three wolves of Ragnarok, aka the apocalypse. Haiti is joined by it's brother, Skoll in their quests to bring this doomsday down. Haiti's goal being to eat the moon, while Skools' goal is to eat the sun. When both events have finally happened, the wolf of the Underworld, Fenrir, will be unleased to bring the Earth's final doom of Ragnarok.

You can talk to some of the NPC's that know of Haiti in game and find out that it's goal is to eat the moon. Why would Jagex clearly just bring one wolf of Ragnarok in the game and leave the others out. Haiti's paws will only have an effect on players til the 10th of May, or about a third of the way through the year. So here are my thoughts on this what could happen.

1) These wolves of Ragnarok will be our new double experience weekends, but instead of it all happening at the same time for everyone, Jagex gives everyone a good amount of time to get the paws, and then we can use the paws whenever we want to use up our bonus experience. This way, clans can't merch for the sake of trying to make easy cash on items that everyone will be buying out to use at the same time for the use of the bonus experience. The conflict of time was also another issue for players, cause having the double experience weekends at the same time for everyone didn't satisfy all players because some had to miss it for reasons unique to each player, such as work, being out of town, or another event they had to go to. This gives every player a huge amount of time and let them plan out how they plan to use their experience and give them enough time to actually get it.

2) With the effect of the gloves running out on May 10th, at about the a third of the way through the year, I think that they will make an update releasing the second wolf of Ragnarok, Skoll. In this case, you will basically do some sort of event, kinda like how we killed Haiti, but you'll get a brown wolf hat and another set of wolf paws, this time the experience bonus will be in skilling methinks. I also expect there to be an update around September-October in which the third wolf, Fenrir will be released with the same means of the other two, but this time, the paws will grant you bonus experience for both combat and skilling, and come with a black wolf hat.

I think the chance of all this happening is about 80%. I do think this will replace double experience weekends for good, but they aren't truly gone, they are just made easier for all players to access and get the chance for the bonus experience. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Starwolf on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 pm

sounds great, Star. You might be right.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Interesting discussion, Star.
morituri te salutant

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 pm

To bad the gloves only last for 500k experience or 10 hours whichever comes first...which if you know how/where to train you can get 500k combat exp in about 2-3 hours

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am

I actually got 1.3m mage exp and idk how much hp exp with the gloves lol when i used the paws up. :P
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 am

Sorry I mispoke it's 500k bonus exp so ya around 1m total.

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 am

Interesting. Thank you.

Laurie

BlackJoker
RSN: Black Jokr

Post by BlackJoker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Star just /threaded this.

It's an interesting theory.

Also, may 10th is my b day lol
[color=#004000][b]KoA's Pretty Boy is back![/b][/color]
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248 ... lqcopy.png[/img]

Kaejer
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Kaejer

Post by Kaejer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 am

Well even if it doesn't turn out to how Starwolf theorizes I think that's a good idea :P. They should probably do that instead of double experience weekends if they still plan to do those. Bonus stuff is always nice when it doesn't mess the whole game up.

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:30 pm

TrixStar wrote:To bad the gloves only last for 500k experience or 10 hours whichever comes first...which if you know how/where to train you can get 500k combat exp in about 2-3 hours
Care to elaborate on this Trix? :p

I prob know some of these, but its been ages since i trained a combat skill outside slayer tasks.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]