Spot Crashers - A bit of a rant

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Spot Crashers - A bit of a rant

Post by Huzzah » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 am

Hey Koa, I decided to make this post because I've noticed since I've been back how far down the whole rs community has gone from when I took my break. Nevermind the decline from rs classic days. Sure there were always problems but I really can't remember them being so bad. I mean its atleast a few times a day/week while Ill be training in a spot such as kalphite soldiers and someone decides that instead of hopping to a free world (they're always easy to find with a switch or some thought) they will burst in and try to take over the spot. I realise that I don't own the spot but is it really worth slowing down both of our exp per hour because of their ego? I think thats all it comes down to basically and I can't understand their thinking. Maybe someone here could explain it to me or shead their thoughts on the subject. All I know is its quite annoying.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

BlackJoker
RSN: Black Jokr

Re: Spot Crashers - A bit of a rant

Post by BlackJoker » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 am

I know what you mean, it's very sad.

I've had it happen to me in TDS one time. Not that many people have While Guthix Sleeps done, and of those who do, probably half are scared to go down there. There's allways a free world, but this stupid kid still decided to take my spot. Haven't been to TDS ever since.

It's understandable on overcrowded monsters such as Bandos or Armadyl but... If it's a not-so-crowded spot, why not just freaking hop?
[color=#004000][b]KoA's Pretty Boy is back![/b][/color]
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248 ... lqcopy.png[/img]

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 am

I hate when this happens, but say for instance I am slaying at warped torts, and the other player starts to talk or offers to jump, I always say 'No' and invite them to kill 1 each. I suppose it depends on the other players and your attitude. If I'm slaying mages in GWD and a player is trying to get their kill count up(usually spotted by their armour), I will always offer to hop or try and start a conversation then guage if I am going to hop or not. If, like you say Huzz, they try and take over the spot, I become the most stuborn git known to man and will gladly fight them for an hour over petty little things!

Muto
Inactive
RSN: Mr Muto

Post by Muto » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:25 am

When it happens to me now, I've given up on it, and just hop when it happens. Rather not sit there and either argue or slow down exp for someone else's ego and stubbornness. Makes life alot easier.

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Just two little words : summer hollidays.

This phenomenom is always worse during these times due to the influx of so many summer-players, usually kids at that.

How i react depends on my mood at the time tho, sometimes i hop, other times i do as Matt and fight em for every little kill dragging their xp/hr down also :D
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 pm

for me it depends where and when it is, if it's somewhere not usually that busy I'll just hop, If it's somewhere where I've hopped ages to get a spot, they usually give up and leave before I do.

I never start arguments on RS, or in life really, if someone tries to steal my spot I generally just ignore them. Sometimes it's been someone who genuinely doesn't realise that u need all the things that spawn in that spot for max xp, but if people start name calling, or trying to start an argument, I make sure to tear them apart, but only if they are being fairly extreme in their insults, chances are they are just a kid. So I just leave it. But if they go too far, I don't report, leaving them needing a string of counselling sessions is more effective.

Quite often at Bandos groups would crash, depending on the group I'm with sometimes we can keep them at bay, sometimes the group I'm with hops, but once groups start hopping it's a losing battle, finding a new world people leaving etc.. So I just stay and "leech" if being there first can be counted as leeching. It's amazing how upset people who crash u get when you stay and leech, all the names under the sun you get called, it's quite funny when they try and get the general to kill you, but I used to solo bandos quite often, it's just like soloing and having a heap of people to take the extra hits for you from the seargants, very easy, once they realise you get the drop a few times and you can kill far more than if you were soloing even tho they arent attacking him, they stop trying that. And when you've torn apart anyone who's name calling to the extent that their own team is laughing at them, they generally give up and it's a nice quiet environment.

I don't really mind being crashed at all, with the amount of sharks / potatoes that get dropped, I quite often stay and have often leeched thru several different groups going up, one group crashes another, which is crashed another etc etc.. While I'm still around happily leeching away. OK you can't get the hilt unless they try and leave him to attack you, but tassets and plate are still good and you can stay for hours upon hours. I think it's actually easier and you don't have to share any drops.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah, I hate spot crashers. If possible, I'll hop. If most world at that spot are taken, I'll fight for it. It's been this way since my very first day in Runescape. However, it gets a bit worse during summer break, as someone already mentioned.

Auntpol
Inactive
RSN: Auntpol

Post by Auntpol » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 pm

I think there is an increase of brats, shall I say, in rs and I am sure it's because of the summer. I call them brats because I'm here raising my kids not to be brats, I am not perfect, but ....nonetheless I try. So therefore I do not spend any time with the rs brats and I leave immediately. I wish to blame all this nonsense on the young, but alas, I cannot as I have met many adults who are just as bratty... Like on stars for example. "that's my star...blah blah blah" If this happens I call in the KOA troops and have a bit of fun!!

I also find myself in bratty situations with the red chin industry. I have had the pleasure and honor of revenge there though, it's nice to have lovely koa friends! Just ask Beef, he'll tell you how he deals with jerks at the red chins!

PhelimReagh
Inactive
RSN: Sean na Gael

Post by PhelimReagh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 am

I would just point out the mobs you mentioned, Kalphite Soldiers, have to be one of the busiest spots around. I used to hop 2-3 times, but if I never found a free world, I apologized to the guy and set up my cannon (as I only did them on Slayer tasks). I don't have all night to spend world hopping, and Kalphites are definitely the worst as far as Slayer goes.
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/leaves/male ... a_Gael.png[/img][/url]
[size=85]I'm bitter that Jagex has spent $50+ million of RS subscriptions developing other games instead of improving RS. If you're reading one of my posts and I even allude to Dungeoneering as a "skill" instead of minigame, keep that in mind.[/size]

paragram
Inactive
RSN: Paragram

Post by paragram » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:02 pm

I feel your pain Huzzah :!: I just think the game is busier during school breaks. Not to mention a lot of em r kids, as opposed to adults like in KoA.

Nentify
Inactive
RSN: Nentify

Post by Nentify » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm

This gets annoying at bandits, the old 'I accidently clicked home tele' excuse, when you're under constant attack? I don't think so...

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Nentify wrote:This gets annoying at bandits, the old 'I accidently clicked home tele' excuse, when you're under constant attack? I don't think so...

yeah bandits was annoying, expecially when it could easily take 10+ hops to find a world.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Likatutu
RSN: Likatutu

Post by Likatutu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

There is even a clan dedicated to crashing and getting you killed at DK's, God Wars...you name it. :(

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm

The only crashing that I REALLY can't stand is when I'm in a mult combat NPC area slaying (like under the light house) and a dude with a cannon comes along and sets that up. That happened to me the last time I was in-game. That just pissed me right F off.

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:02 am

Yeah cannons can be one of the most annoying items in rs. =/
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)