Not a merching thread, but a GE lookout thread?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Not a merching thread, but a GE lookout thread?

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:56 am

I know most of you 'high' level players are really rich, but I'm always on the lookout for bargins and 'easy' money or free xp.

From time to time I find little nice things when prices rise, fall or the bottom drops out the market. Would it be an idea to have a thread where we can post such things to share?

eg, at the moment cooked monks are higher than raw monks, so people with loads of raw monks may want to get them cooked and sold while the price is right.

any comments on this? %-(

Andy

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Re: Not a merching thread, but a GE lookout thread?

Post by Mabelrose2 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 am

Like this idea for a thread thanks!

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Great Idea ! Andy :)

Right now Staff of light is at the absolute minimum at around 7.5m in the last 2 months. It was 9.9m when introduced and reached a peak of 19.5m a month ago.

Looking at the 2-month average curve, it appears to be the right time to buy, but the 1-month average curve indicates watch for a day or two (unless merch clans pick it up).

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Pilgrim Matt wrote:...at the moment cooked monks are higher than raw monks, so people with loads of raw monks may want to get them cooked and sold while the price is right.
Shark also does this from time to time. It's free cooking XP along with a profit. Just keep buying raw, cooking and selling...and repeat. :)

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Ewsentinel wrote:
Pilgrim Matt wrote:...at the moment cooked monks are higher than raw monks, so people with loads of raw monks may want to get them cooked and sold while the price is right.
Shark also does this from time to time. It's free cooking XP along with a profit. Just keep buying raw, cooking and selling...and repeat. :)

will keep an eye on sharks too! Thankyou!

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Well, not exactly a merching tip, but rather some nice pocket money : When moving around RS, try to visit the culimonancer's chest in lumby Castle's basement a couple times a day. Butter is like 20-25gp each (only a stock of 10 tho) but sells for much more. I collect anywhere between 100-400 butter a week and sell saturdays for 100-400k.

Oh yeah, forgot: this means it's a perfect spot to fletch, make pots, craft,... as you can pick up a lot of butter while doing it ;)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Draco Ea wrote:Well, not exactly a merching tip, but rather some nice pocket money : When moving around RS, try to visit the culimonancer's chest in lumby Castle's basement a couple times a day. Butter is like 20-25gp each (only a stock of 10 tho) but sells for much more. I collect anywhere between 100-400 butter a week and sell saturdays for 100-400k.

Oh yeah, forgot: this means it's a perfect spot to fletch, make pots, craft,... as you can pick up a lot of butter while doing it ;)
And everytime you pass by to do tears once a week, pick up some butter! :D

Mabelrose2
Inactive

Post by Mabelrose2 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

always buy the 80 seaweed and 40 pineapples in Catherby/docks for 2gp each, quick 25-30k profit daily

Driftdog2k9
Inactive
RSN: Asuka Kirara

Post by Driftdog2k9 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:32 pm

That's pretty interesting...

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks for the seaweed tip Mabel, I can never get enough of it, actually go into the chaos tunnels and slay daganoths for seaweed.
To Catherby!

With the shattered heart mini game, I find myself growing potatoes (among other things) to try and get my rocks.
Bake the potatoes, then sell on GE - 220gp each.

I think this thread would also be a good idea, just so clan members know what and when to buy.

Du Lac
Last edited by du lac46 on Sat May 01, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:54 am

I go to buy some seaweed, zero in stock, aha! Mabel has been here already!
What was that you were saying about a troublemaker? =D

Oh well, back to the tunnels.......

tntxpress
Inactive
RSN: tntxpress

Post by tntxpress » Sat May 01, 2010 2:11 pm

i did 91 cooking to 99 on rocktails this way...so is a good idea imo also

Mabelrose2
Inactive

Post by Mabelrose2 » Sat May 01, 2010 2:15 pm

[quote="du lac46"]I go to buy some seaweed, zero in stock, aha! Mabel has been here already!

cant blame me, you can only buy seaweed every 24 hours.. not a set reset time, just 24 hours since you last bought silly!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun May 02, 2010 5:50 pm

du lac46 wrote:I go to buy some seaweed, zero in stock, aha! Mabel has been here already!

Oh well, back to the tunnels.......
Be sure to "talk" with him. Don't trade with him. After you begin speaking with him, an option will come up about buying seaweed at a max of 80 (per 24 hour period). You can also "talk" to him and buy up to 40 pineapple.
morituri te salutant

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 pm

I used to do a lot of buying and selling, but have gotten away from it recently. However, with the upcoming 'guaranteed content' of colored Dbows, I think they are a good investment. I picked up 10 for 1.4mil and 10 for 1.1mil. I anticipate turning an excellent profit on these whenever that update comes out.

My most successful mechanting has always been centered around things I use to train my own skills. These tend to be the items I watch the closest anyway, and if prices turn south, I can always just use the items myself. For example, last summer I bought 200k pure ess to use (yeah, what was I thinking??) at 105ea, and then prices shot up to over 200ea. I sold, and turned a very nice profit. Later I bought 50k pure ess at 165ea, expecting it to peak again...it never did. :( But I have used most of it in training RC, so it is really no loss.

If you are thinking of boosting your income by playing the GE, I suggest starting small and focusing on items you use. I have made good profits on pure ess, BGS's, coal, nats, and mith/addy bars.