Happy Birthday Runescape!!

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Happy Birthday Runescape!!

Post by Cally Raven » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 am

On this day in 2001 a new MMORPG called Runescape was released! Runescape is now a whopping 17yrs old!!
ScreenHunter 37.png
ScreenHunter 37.png (226.24 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
I have missed the first 10 years of this game. Lets hear some of your first memories of playing Runescape :D
Image]

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Re: Happy Birthday Runescape!!

Post by Lawidget » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Very cool!

Laurie

Raist Fasa
Inactive
RSN: Raistfasa

Re: Happy Birthday Runescape!!

Post by Raist Fasa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:28 pm

:)

I remember when I first started playing in 2003. I have been around for a bit over 13 years of this games 17 year existence. It was actually introduced to me by the brothers of a child I was a 1 on 1 aide for (he had/has severe cerebral palsy)...they played it in the afternoons after school, and I looked at it as the type of game I always wanted to play, as a child of the late 70's and 80's and growing up with Dungeons and Dragons and Choose Your Own Adventure books...loved it from the start.

I remember when you would have to fight for ore rocks, and there was NO Grand Exchange. The economy ran on player to player interactions and trades. I had a higher level player who would buy coal off me. I would get up at 3am to mine, as there were less players at that time of day and I could actually get a couple coal rocks to mine. I'd mine coal and silver for hours and then eagerly await him logging on to sell it to him; then using it to buy my first adamant and rune sets (when those sets were actually a big deal, lol!).

I remember Dragon Medium Helms and Dragon Chain were the poop for armor, being 2x more expensive than party hats. A time when there was no D Long or D Scim, only Dragon Dagger. A time when making your first mil was a HUGE deal and combat lvl 90 was high level and very well respected. I bought my first Santa Hat for 200k and my first Party Hat for 20mil and never forget these moments.

A time when getting a 99 was an enormous deal, and quite harder than it is today, and all your friends would come and celebrate.

A time before Player Owned Houses.

A time when there were NO maxed players and when Zezima and The Old Nite battled for the top spot in all of RuneScape.

I remember actually being at the Fally Masacre and watching Durial123 decimate players (and yes, I was actually there).

A time when Fally World 2 garden was the buying and selling/trading place. When there was such a thing as Unid Herbs...

A time before Barrows and all of the GodWar Dungeons. A time before the Gods returned to RuneScape and they were only thoughts in payers minds; and there was only three; Guthix, Saradomin and Zammorak...

A time when player killing ruled...

Oh the days and the memories :)

This game has seen me through good times and bad. I will never forget it and probably never leave it completely...I have spent over 430 days in-game. An entire 15 months of my life...

Love
Main Account now Raistfasa (one word with no space)
Maxed June 9th 2017

All Hail Zaros...