Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

FatFingers23
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: FatFingers23
RSN2: FitFingers

NXT Update ( Runescape Client)

Post by FatFingers23 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:31 pm

May want to make sure you read through this, biggest thing i can tell you is to do as they say, when update happens on Monday close your runescape client and open it again after words and leave it in the lobby for a bit. The major updates i see when reading through this is that the game size on your computer is going be much smaller now, should go down from what it is now to about 3-4 gigs. Looks like a lot of performance updates done as well such as less Ram and VRam usage. Also looks like some promise to fix Mac os issues ( i know Several of you have unluckly ran into issues, especially after weekly updates on the mac). Now back to explaining about the Lobby deal afterupdate, you do not have to leave it in the lobby, but if you log in and it's really laggy it's because your computer and Nxt client are compressing the files, they say it should take about 30mins. You can also click ` and alt at the same time to bring up a Developer console (click that for more info on it) once it brings up a Console window type in displayfps it should bring up a bunch of Information on the right side of the window, look for the one that says Disk Cache, i would imagine the number will be going down, so once it hits the 4-3Gb mark you should be good to play a lag free game. Then again i'm not 100% sure till monday when i run a client through it. If you have any questions that i may be able to answer just let me know. Thank you

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm ... se_update/

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Re: NXT Update ( Runescape Client)

Post by dunder » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:00 am

Word...

FatFingers23
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by FatFingers23 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 am

Added a little more Info, and explained it a little bit better.

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Slightly OT, do you run the client on Linux ff? And if so how does it run?
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

FatFingers23
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by FatFingers23 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:51 pm

IMO, Linux is never off topic lol. No :( sadly i do not. I've decided to keep to Windows still as a main Desktop OS, for now.... I haven't actually ran NXT on any linux Distro yet. But i've heard it's pretty solid, may want to keep to Ubuntu, or another Debian base Distro(What the installer is made for). I think i had heard someone got it to work on other linux Distros without wine, just had to repack it.

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Thanx for the info Bailey, much appreciated :)
Image]