Sad news about Bonds for Runefest

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Sad news about Bonds for Runefest

Post by Cally Raven » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm

This statement was posted by Mod Balance on the forums today (Quick find code: 417-418-1-65800021)

Hi everyone,

As ever around this time of year, we're knee-deep in planning another spectacular RuneFest and, yes, it's definitely happening! We're incredibly excited about this year's event as we celebrate RuneScape's 15th year anniversary and have a barrage of ideas to unleash at RuneFest 2016.

We'll be sharing more details with you once everything is locked down but, just to tease, it may be an idea to pack your seafaring gear and beachwear…

First off, we wanted to give you a heads-up on one thing that we find ourselves having to change regarding the way tickets etc can be obtained.

After a long period of investigation and some in depth analysis, we have reached the conclusion that we're unable to offer the purchase of tickets, hotels or flights using Bonds this year. This isn't a decision we've taken lightly or through a simple matter of choice; there's a whole host of complicated reasons that have come into play.

We know this isn't what some of you want to hear and, believe us, we've done our very best to look at alternate solutions. However, right now, there isn't an workable alternative to the situation we find ourselves, hence why we've haven't been able to share full details on the event to date.

We wanted to get this information out there as soon as possible to give everyone an opportunity to make arrangements to attend RuneFest. As always, the whole RuneScape team are really looking forward to catching up with you all at what will be a spectacular event.

What we can announce now is that as in previous years, tickets to the RuneFest event will be priced at £99 (plus booking fee). Details of location, venue and date will follow in the very near future.

Mod Balance & The RuneFest Team

FAQ

Are Jagex doing this to make more money?
No - RuneFest is not run to make a profit, and we fully expect the event to cost us more as a result of this change.

Is this related to the potential acquisition of Jagex by an investor?
This change would've needed to happen regardless of whether Jagex were being acquired or not, it is not related to the potential acquisition.

Why weren't we told sooner?
The changes we've made are the result of some recent changes in circumstances. We are incredibly sorry that we have been unable to tell you sooner, but we did not want to share information either way unless we were absolutely certain what the outcome of our investigations would be.

Is RuneFest moving to a different country this year?
Current plans are that RuneFest will be in the UK again this year.

Other notes
We appreciate this may be disappointing for players who have been purchasing Bonds to save for RuneFest; we're incredibly sorry! We've been looking at every possible route to make the offering feasible, but have reached the conclusion that it will not be possible this year.
Image]

Aerumnous
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Aerumnous

Re: Sad news about Bonds for Runefest

Post by Aerumnous » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Oh that really sucks for those of you going. Damn.
ImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:45 pm

This might be the cause:

"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Guess I will not be attending then...very disappointing when a game is more about the money.
ImageImage

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:49 am

From what I've been hearing both Runefests ran with the bonds system ran at a big loss, also thinking about the post Twirl put up the tax thing could be another consideration, that would be a big tax bill at the end of it that jagex would have to foot. It sucks like hell but Jagex is a business at the end of the day and if it's running things at a loss then Runescape would not be here for us all which would suck even more. :(
Absolutely gutted we are not all gonna meet up again for a third KoA Runefest.
Image]

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:25 am

Very sad news for the annual festers! :-(

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:12 am

I had no idea Bonds can fund an actual flight and an hotel. A damn shame.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.