Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

The Duckness
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Katys Noob

Tuska World Event and Patchnotes 1st of june 2015

Post by The Duckness » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:41 am

Tuska World Event

Tuska approaches, and Gielinor must unite or be devoured, as have so many worlds before.

Head into space – onto the back of the beast goddess herself – and traverse fragments of sundered worlds to gather divine energy.

Use this to charge a mighty god spear and rain down punishing blows upon Tuska, gaining glory for your faction of choice.

Fight hard to put your faction at the forefront of the battle, and claim rewards – including a new warpriest set, an ability that does huge damage to Slayer targets, emotes, cosmetic overrides and plenty of XP.

Be part of RuneScape history in this epic battle. It's sure to have a lasting impact on Gielinor!

How to Start

Requirements

None. Free players and members of any level can participate in the World Event.

Many of its rewards are only of use to RuneScape members.

To get to Tuska, simply access the new lodestone teleport (automatically unlocked) that takes you straight onto her back.

Once you're there, speak to a representative of the four factions present – Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak and the Godless – and pledge yourself to one of these.

The event plays out hourly, as a twenty-minute D&D for 1-10 players. You can start in any of three ways:

Use the Grouping System to make a team of people you know, then talk to Wizard Chambers on Tuska's back.
To queue for a random group, click on the edge of the island closest to Tuska's back.
To play solo, start a group of one through the Grouping System, and speak to Chambers.
Note that the encounters scale in accordance with the number of players in the group.

As the event plays out, you will jump between four islands – orbiting fragments of worlds that Tuska has destroyed.

On each, you'll skill or fight to gather divine energy – click the information icon on the interface at the top of the screen if you need to know what to do. Doing so will charge your god spear, and earn you reward points to spend.

You'll visit the islands in random order, and spend 5 minutes on each. Over the course of the islands, you'll need to charge up your god spear by at least 10% (shown in the top interface) to reach Tuska's head, where you'll strike her a blow, earning victory points for your faction.

Rewards

Points earned during the Tuska event can be spent by talking to the faction representatives and opening the reward shop:

World Eater Armour
World Eater armour: this is the new warpriest set. It's hybrid armour, with stats equivalent to 25, 50 or 75, depending on your Defence level. Note that level 75 stats are only available to members. Wearing the full set gives you a chance to max-hit enemies in combat.
Tuska's Wrath: this basic ability deals huge damage – based on a multiple of your Slayer level – to monsters you've been assigned by a Slayer master. Note that this doesn't affect some more powerful enemies, such as the Queen Black Dragon.
Cosmetic Overrides: god spear (two-handed melee) and telescope (off-hand magic).
Previous World Event armour and abilities.
XP lamps.
There are also four titles, unlocked by dealing increasing levels of total damage to Tuska.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

The 'Champion of Champions' title will now stay enabled across game sessions.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

The combat version of the kyzaj used in The Mighty Fall's tournament's final round can no longer be smuggled out via the new Death inventory.

Other:

Items with a fixed reclaim value (such as the asylum surgeon's ring) now correctly use that value for determining risked wealth and determining default items to auto-protect.

Runic staves and wicked robes will no longer be destroyed on death.

The warning message when Death will keep items for less than an hour is now red.

Players can once again use bolt racks with Karil's pistol crossbows.

Ninja Fixes:

Glacyte boots no longer have Attack, Ranged or Magic level requirements.

The minigame spotlight shop is now protected by your Bank PIN.

Great white sharks will now count towards the 'Shark' and 'Barbarian shark' daily fishing challenges.

The "Dying of thirst" message spam has been reduced while wearing a tome of frost in the desert.

Butterfly and Magic nets are now magic weapons, allowing players to cast Bind on implings from a distance.

Pharaoh's sceptres are now level 1 magic weapons.

Anti-dragon shields have been changed to hybrid class.

Trade requests from players on an Ignore list no longer appear in the player's chatbox.

The master Dungeoneering skillcape icon has been updated in the skill guide to show the correct cape.

The Dungeoneering skill requirement on the Completionist tab now only shows as completed at level 120.
The Duckness has been shelved for the time being, only playing on Katys Noob for the moment!

mysticmoggy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: mysticmoggy

Re: Tuska World Event and Patchnotes 1st of june 2015

Post by mysticmoggy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:39 am

I'm so not into this tusks event as everyone else is, I haven't played it yet, but I'm not all hyped up like everyone else seems to be; is it just me?

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Obitus Dator

Post by Obitus Dator » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:25 pm

mysticmoggy wrote:I'm so not into this tusks event as everyone else is, I haven't played it yet, but I'm not all hyped up like everyone else seems to be; is it just me?
I'm just waiting for the "This is not available in Ironman mode." message, then I'll join you ;)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
DurusNucleus is my Hardcore account.

mysticmoggy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by mysticmoggy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Well...I just completed my first round of the event, and I'm still not impressed.
I then went on to complete another round and got no points which has left me extremely annoyed

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Another bogus event to keep the kiddies entertained, lol. :lol:
However, it does give people who didn't get the armours from previous events a chance to get them now without having to camp Godwars. :)
ImageImage

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:30 pm

The event itself usually isn't impressive, it's the lore and rewards that people want. I'm interested in the new ability myself and I'll prob pick up the emote and armor just because
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

mysticmoggy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by mysticmoggy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 am

The new ability seems very overpowered but with a two minute cool down, something like 10000x your slayer level as a hit. So basically a free kill every two mins. Good for airuts:-).
Last edited by mysticmoggy on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:36 pm

One of the islands has you burn tentacles for fm experience or capture/kill soulless for prayer XP. I'm having trouble fully completing this island with full marks. Anyone else been able to complete this island successfully. If yes, what approach did you take?
morituri te salutant

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Obitus Dator » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Ignore the tentacles.

Drop down into the lower part - click on altar to get an ankh.
Click (dig) on grave to go to underworld.
Jump back to the top section - click on the lost soul (the one that is a different colour).
Click on any other soul - nearest to the fire is best.
This brings you back to the normal world.
Kill the soul you dragged back.
You turn into a ghost and have to walk into the pillar of light (just south of the fire - so this is why hitting one near the fire is best as you can't run, so this shortens the distance you need to walk).
Jump down to the lower part.
Click on the altar again, to release the lost soul you collected.
Repeat.
Each run gives 5 or 6%, so you need to do it 5 times (usually the last altar visit isn't needed).

Always had time to do it so far.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks, Obi
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:27 pm

The post for the Tuska World Event states: "To play solo, start a group of one through the Grouping System, and speak to Chambers."

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I've also read http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/ ... ing_System but that hasn't shed any light.

No big deal. Because I can't get this to work, I just wait until no one else is on the platform to enter the Tuska event. However, the solo grouping system could come in handy at some point.
morituri te salutant

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Obitus Dator » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Ironically Ironman/Hardcore accounts can't use the grouping system at all, so we can't create a group of one person.

So we can't solo (except by the "jump in when no-one else is looking" method), even though we should be the ones with most reason to not group :)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:12 pm

That is ironic!
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:21 pm

The third world event, Tuska Comes, has several unlockable titles:

Harbinger [Name] -- Stab Tuska 5 times with a 100% charged spear during week 1
[Name] of Gielinor -- Stab Tuska 5 times with a 100% charged spear during week 2
[Name] the Beast Slayer -- Stab Tuska 5 times with a 100% charged spear during week 3
[Name] the Tuska Raider -- Stab Tuska 5 times with a 100% charged spear during week 4
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Dr Brad wrote:The post for the Tuska World Event states: "To play solo, start a group of one through the Grouping System, and speak to Chambers."

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I've also read http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/ ... ing_System but that hasn't shed any light.

No big deal. Because I can't get this to work, I just wait until no one else is on the platform to enter the Tuska event. However, the solo grouping system could come in handy at some point.
This from RSOF:
Some people are unable to get on the platform with their friends via the Grouping System where it says they're unable to join the event. If you get this problem, follow these steps:

1. Leave the group with your friends.
2. ­Make the group again, invite your friends and assign it to "Tuska world event".
3. Teleport to game start and speak to Wizard Chambers.

This should promptly fix your problem for now and allow you to begin. Good luck and may Zaros save us all.

Note: This also applies to solo encounters where you make a group in the Grouping System and do it alone.
and
If you make a group, you can also just update it to Tuska's world event and it will work. That's what my group did and it worked. Solo is the same as I just tested. I made a group, updated it to Tuska's World Event, readied up and it asked me to teleport then I was able to start.
morituri te salutant