The Duckness
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Katys Noob

Aquarium update!

Post by The Duckness » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Source: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a= ... unity_news
Aquarium – Player-Owned House Update

Dive into your very own aquarium in today's player-polled Construction and Fishing update.

Pack it to the gills with fish from all over Gielinor and kit out its two floors with a huge variety of accessories, décor and nautical knick-knacks.

Introduce a prawnbroker and unlock perks aplenty: including baitless fishing; great white shark to catch, cook and keep as pets; and the ability to cook sushi: high-level food with additional restorative properties.

Read on for more information!

How to start

Requirements

You must be a RuneScape member

63 Construction

20 Fishing is required to catch fish for the aquarium

Construction

At 63 Construction, head to your player-owned house and click on a ground-floor door to build your aquarium. It spans two levels: a dry room on the surface, and the aquarium itself beneath. Note that this update brings a +1 increase to the maximum rooms available at any given level.

The surface room is traditional POH fare, containing hotspots that can be filled with decorative items, and some important functional ones. This is also where you'll place the prawnbroker, who unlocks reward perks and controls various aquarium-related settings, and a diving suit, which unlocks resource harvesting options in the aquarium below.

Crucially, it includes the bathysphere, which allows you to add fish to the aquarium, and to head down yourself.

Bathysphere concept
The aquarium itself is a whole different kettle of fish: instead of hotspots, it's a grid-based area where you can freely place the various available items. These include:

Harvesting nodes, yielding seaweed, kelp, pearls and other gems, planks – even elite clue scrolls – on a regular basis.
Large, decorative items which grant passive boosts to catch chance at fishing areas around the world.
Smaller, purely cosmetic decorations, such as cannons, coral, anchors and stone heads.
Plugs, which – when you've collected all the available fish for the aquarium – allow you to reset it. Meant for the most dedicated among you, this prestige option means starting again, but grants you decorative plug locations the first and second times.
Aquarium
Fishing

From 20 Fishing, you will occasionally find a golden fish egg while fishing around the world. Using a golden fish egg on the bathysphere will introduce a fish of the type you were catching to the aquarium:

Trout
Salmon
Tuna
Rainbow fish
Lobster
Leaping trout
Swordfish
Lava eel
Leaping salmon
Monkfish
Leaping sturgeon
Shark
Cavefish
Rocktail
Lobster and tuna concept
You will always receive the fish that you were catching when you found the egg, and you can only collect each fish once – unless you reset your aquarium with a plug.

Prawn Rewards

As you fish, you will occasionally receive prawn balls or prawn crackers, which can be opened for some fantastically fishy rewards. Prawn balls are opened solo, while prawn crackers are opened with a friend for a reward each.

Opening one grants you a reward from a special drop table, which includes prawn coins (consumables which temporarily increase your chance to fish up golden fish eggs), decorations for your aquarium, and – rarely – golden fish eggs for random fish that you don't own, including any for which you don't meet the Fishing requirements.

Once you've got a prawnbroker in your surface room, you can start acquiring prawn perks. You'll get one of these each time you get a golden fish egg, and can get more as you acquire prawn balls or prawn crackers.

Each prawn perk unlocks a benefit or reward on the prawn perks progression tree, which can be viewed by speaking to the prawnbroker.

These include more frequent prawn balls and crackers, the ability to fish without bait, the ability to cook sushi, and a whole lot more.

The great white shark is a new addition to RuneScape's marine wildlife. Once its prawn perk is unlocked, it can be caught at any shark fishing spot at level 80 Fishing; is available for your aquarium and as a floating, surface-world pet; and can be used in new sushi cooking recipes.

Great white shark concept
Note that – should you reset your aquarium with a plug - your prawn perk unlocks will not be reset, including your great white shark.

Have Fun!

There's fathoms of fishy fun to be had as you build and fill your aquarium. Enjoy, and let us know your thoughts over on the forums!

The RuneScape 'Guardians' Team

Solomon's Store – Vitality Suit

Get your hands on the all-new Vitality Suit – in stock later today at Solomon's Store!

This eye-catching new override outfit is designed to visually represent your health. As you lose life points, the luminous stripes on the suit will change from their original colour – your choice of green or blue - to a moody red.

Vitality Suit - Green, Full Health Vitality Suit - Blue, Full Health Vitality Suit - Red, Near Death
In Other News

You can now enable timestamps for chat messages, based on your local time zone – a RuneLabs idea developed by the Ninja Team. This feature can be toggled using the Interface Settings window.
Fancy earning some extra RuneCoins or Keys? Try out SuperRewards – our new offer provider. Just click 'Earn' in Solomon's or Treasure Hunter to find out more.
The Duckness has been shelved for the time being, only playing on Katys Noob for the moment!

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Re: Aquarium update!

Post by Cally Raven » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Been looking forward to this update :D
Image]

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Sounds fun! Baitless fishing - yay! Thank goodness the prawn perks don't reset if you redo the aquarium. #:-s
Is that list of fish all the types that can go into the aquarium?
ImageImage

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:01 pm

When are they introducing the rice paddies?

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm

I have extra aquarium pieces if anyone needs them.
morituri te salutant

syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 pm

What are we supposed to do with all the extra portholes, lenses, etc.? Are they going to be useful later on or can we trade them to the Prawnbroker for something? They don't show a price when I examine so I guess they can't be sold on GE or traded to someone..... :-?
ImageImage

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Obitus Dator

Post by Obitus Dator » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 pm

I don't see any use for those.

One thing to make sure you do is to add as many Mermaid's Purses as you can into the tank - you can open each one once per week for 20 mahogany planks (resets on Wednesday with the other weeklies).
There doesn't seem to be a limit, other than how many you get from prawn balls etc.

Oysters give free gems every day - and treasure chests (not had one yet) give an elite clue per week.

So put all of those in too.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
DurusNucleus is my Hardcore account.

syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Sweet! Didn't know that. Thank goodness I've saved all the bits - for now, lol... :lol:
ImageImage

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Post by jc_hammy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I've been saving everything as well, filling up my bank rather quickly though.

Has there been any info on how often you should get a golden egg? I feel like I have been fishing for days to only have one.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Friend chats to use:

To sell golden crackers: gcrackerfc
To trade golden crackers: c4c fc
morituri te salutant

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Obitus Dator

Post by Obitus Dator » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:53 am

Top tip:

Bank your mystery eggs!

You can bank them and keep getting them. Then fish for all of the 'easy' eggs - and when the number of fish you're missing matches the number of mystery eggs you have have banked, use them all up then and you're done.

Mystery eggs become any random fish that you're missing, so if you use them early you might get one of the 'easy' fish (fish you don't mind fishing for) and leave one of the pain in the arse one's like lava fish.

This guarantees that they all turn into fish you didn't want to fish for.

I've got 3 banked now, so they will be lava fish, rainbow fish ('cos I can't buy the feathers on Durus) and rocktails :)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
DurusNucleus is my Hardcore account.

syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:00 pm

So far I haven't had any eggs of any type. Thanks for the heads up on the Mystery eggs! B-)
ImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks for the tip, Obi.
morituri te salutant

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 am

Great tips! I've been fishing sharks for quick prawns. Only 2 more fish to go. The Trouts!

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Post by jc_hammy » Mon May 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Are sharks quick for prawns? I still have only two eggs...feel like I have been fishing lobsters for months now.

Also, now some of the parts and pieces (porthole, lenses, etc.) are tradeable. Portholes are around 1k each.