Plague's End

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lord Aelfgar
RSN: Lord_Aelfgar

Plague's End

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:01 am

I've started doing this quest and so far it seems just like a 'go here, go there, do this, do that' type of quest. What are the challenging bits of this quest? Any general tops? Is Elf city a useful place in the end?

Any advice would be much welcomed.

Joedakiller
RSN: Joedakiller

Re: Plague's End

Post by Joedakiller » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:33 pm

I can agree with you that it's basically one o those kinda of quests. I can say that for the final boss well..
Be prepared for a bit of a puzzle.
As for the elf city, there's plenty to do there. It's well worth unlocking.

Lord Aelfgar

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 pm

What set up would you recommend for the final fight (or the final set of fights after each puzzle)? I'm only 80 magic, would that be enough to mage to final boss? I prefer to use melee, but I believe melee is not recommended here. What would you advise?

Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 pm

You'll want to use magic because you will be moving around a lot. I used a Chaotic Staff with Virtus top and bottom. Whatever spell you want to use is fine. I had no issue with ancients.

Lord Aelfgar

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks for that. The best I have is Ganodermic armour and an Abyssal wand, so that will have to do.

One other thing how safe is it? When you die does your gravestone spawn at a place that's easy to get to?
Last edited by Lord Aelfgar on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:43 pm

That I have no idea. I didn't die when I was doing the quest. I would imagine it's in a spot close to the boss.

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:09 am

You should be fine, I used lesser gear and had only 88 mage. Didn't die. And yes, definitely worth it.

Lord Aelfgar

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:54 am

Many thanks for your help.

I finished the quest without dying, but I did bank a few times during the final set of fights. I found the end fights relatively easy. Use protect Mage and just hit the two closest greater shadows from the bridge, then move to the back two corner spots to hit each of the other two of them. That way you stay out of range of the dark lord. Then just run around the dark lord hitting and running and trying to keep from straying into too many purple clouds. The level 98 shadows are nothing more than a nuisance and most of them are best left until the end. These final fights didn't seem that difficult so long as you kept moving.