Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Jagex Slayer Helmet & Social Slayer Update FAQs

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Quick find code: 15-16-548-65273997
Q: Why did you remove Smoking Kills as a requirement to access the Slayer reward shop? It's a fun quest and a good reward.

Mod Ana: Slayer points are an important reward for doing Slayer, and many players will have done a fair amount of the skill before they reach the Smoking Kills quest. As such, we wanted to remove this requirement as it's a barrier to players enjoying what should really just be part of Slayer from the beginning. The removal of the quest as a requirement is not because we don't think the quest is fun! We have retained the ability to make Full Slayer Helmets as a reward from the quest, and those who have not done the quest yet only receive half the Slayer points.

Q: Why there is no LavaWyrm skin for Freezy?

Mod Ana: Perhaps because lava wyrms don't exist in game . Assuming you mean a Wildy Wyrm skin – in which case, there is!

Q: Could a reward be added to allow us to fuse the combat bracelet to the Slayer Helmet in order for it to gain the ability to notify us every 10 kills (not necessarily the teleports)?

Mod Ana: This seems like something we could look into in future .

Q: Why isn't the ferocious ring's ring of life-esque ability or the damage boost fused with the slayer helmet? The lifesaving ability may be toggleable, to appease those that don't like healing.

Mod Ana: The aim of the new Slayer helmets was just to include the teleports - it just wasn't the aim to add the other benefits of the Ferocious ring to it. It is something we have considered due to player feedback but at this time it's unlikely that this will be added.

Q: Would it be possible to share all ring charges over all upgraded slayer helms? Being able to have a bank place holder is always nice.

Mod Ana: This is mainly for technical reasons. It is something we can perhaps look at in the future but it would be a very large and time-consuming job.

Q: Would it be possible to remove the combat requirement on slayer masters leaving only a Slayer requirement?

Mod Ana: This is not something we are planning to do. Many of the tasks given by higher Slayer masters require a higher combat level, so it makes sense that you need a certain combat level to access them.

Q: Why not allow the player to permanently unlock the ability to make tier 3 mighty slayer helmets? I don't want my 1.5k slayer points to have gone to waste!

Mod Ana: With higher level equipment there always has to be some risk associated – otherwise it'd just be free stuff. Losing your basic Full Slayer Helmet and losing your Tier 3 upgraded one shouldn't have the same penalty.

Q: Could you update the Slayer Rewards shop and Slayer Contracts interfaces to use the new header that things like the price checker use?

Mod Ana: It's not a priority at the moment but it is something we can look in to.

Q: Why didn't you increase the co-op points earned from higher (and longer) tasks? You are still incentivising us to do super easy tasks to gain points fast.

Mod Ana: This is something I am planning to do in the near future. Although, personally I don't mind people doing the easy tasks to boost the points – the rewards are mostly cosmetic and Co-op Slayer was always intended to be a casual, social activity.

Q: Did the +40 damage for wearing ferocious rings transfer to the helmet when fused with the rings?
Mod Ana: No, just the teleports are transferred.

Q: Could some slayer point and co-op rewards be made permanently unlockable, such as the helm upgrades and claiming pets?

Mod Ana: As with an answer above, with higher level equipment there is usually a risk involved and a penalty if you lose it. Many pets are the same.

Q: Wouldn't it be a bit easier for the Slayer masters to do tweaks on my full slayer helmet if I was not wearing it?
Mod Ana: This is due to technical reasons.

Q: Could we get a reward that lets our slayer helmets function like mirror shields? Currently, spinning the Squeal of Fortune is the only way to get your hands on the benefit of using both hands offensively at Basilisks/Cockatrices.

Mod Ana: This isn't something we are considering at the moment.

Q: When you buy the slayer helmet upgrades, the boosts (accuracy & damage) increase. Will the same be true for the SoF masks and helmets?

Mod Ana: This is not something we have implemented with this update. Perhaps it could be looked at in the future.

Q: Why are the Freezy reskins more expensive than Freezy himself? Isn't 125 Slayer tasks a tad steep for a mere cosmetic change?

Mod Ana: This was actually a request from Mod Mark as he loved the new skins so much he wanted to make you work for them!

Q: Why is the Ganodermic runt so expensive?

Mod Ana: Because he's so awesome.

Q: When we upgrade our slayer helm to tier 3, will we also get the damage boost on the obsidian helms?

Mod Ana: I am hoping to implement the upgrades for the obsidian helms in the near future .

Q: Currently, meleers and rangers can fight both Kurasks and Turoths with 2h and 1h weapons, while mages are forced to use 2h weapons. That said, could you release a Slayer wand/orb to give mages dual-wieldable Slayer weapons?

Mod Timbo: We're looking to release a wand and orb that will allow you to use Slayer Dart dual-wield in the future.
morituri te salutant

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Re: Jagex Slayer Helmet & Social Slayer Update FAQs

Post by dunder » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks for posting this B-Rad. Very useful...

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the Ferocious Ring did anything but have teleports on it, lol.
It sucks we have to choose between wearing a Ring of Wealth or the Ferocious Ring, etc. I wish they'd update so we can wear 1 ring on each hand as long as they have different capabilities.
I didn't see anyone ask why there isn't a right-click option to check number of kills when the slayer helm is in our invy. As it is, we have to right-click, choose "activate", then speak to the slay master and ask "how am I doing", and click, click, and click some more. It's ridiculous and wastes a lot of time/xp. I hope they update that soon! :P
ImageImage

Aeversme
Inactive
RSN: Ace Aardvark

Post by Aeversme » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:46 am

Syfy, why are you taking your slayer helm off? :P

GOod find, that's useful info and a few things I was wondering were covered.

Dark Redd
RSN: Biniz

Post by Dark Redd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks Brad, helped to clear up lots of things for me.