Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

RS News: Changes coming to EoC

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Mod Mark wrote:Change to the Offensive Capabilities of High-Level Bosses

As mentioned in my last Og Blog, we've noticed that several of the more profitable bosses in the game are being killed by players of a lower level than we had originally intended, and using lower-levelled gear than we had predicted. To address this, we will be significantly increasing the offensive capabilities of these NPCs, meaning that higher levels and better gear will be needed to efficiently take down those opponents. Creatures affected will include the God Wars bosses and the Corporeal Beast, to name a few.

Change to the Defensive Value of Armour

At the moment, the difference between, say, level 70 and level 80 gear isn't great enough to matter for standard combat training and boss hunting. Understandably, this means that people aren't investing in the best gear available to them. We are changing that.

The defensive values of armour will now be plotted on an exponential curve rather than a linear one. At higher levels, the difference between sequential armour pieces will be far greater and, therefore, will make a far more noticeable difference in combat. It will also better match the upward curve of XP required to progress through those higher levels, making the highest-level gear optimal for battling your way to 99!

Strength Boosts and Set Effects

We will be adding individual strength boosts to all Torva, Pernix and Virtus gear, and a few other items like the Bandos Chestplate. The 'Nex gear' will also have an additional strength bonus in the form of a set effect. The above three areas of change will mean that higher combat levels and higher levels of gear will be needed to defeat powerful NPC opponents.

Healing Effects of Abilities

We are reducing the effectiveness of the Regeneration and Rejuvenation abilities. We noticed that less food was being taken into battle than before because the healing values of these abilities were stronger than we had anticipated. To address this, we will be increasing the cooldown on the Rejuvenate ability to 5 minutes (making it an infrequent, emergency heal) and reducing the effect of Regenerate by 20%.

This - along with the changes to defensive armour, bosses and strength boosts - will mean that more food will be needed in battle.

This is intended to stabilise the value of these items on the GE in the short-term, and to increase their value in the long-term.

Chaotic Add-On for Dragon Claws

We will be adding a new piece of chaotic gear in the form of chaotic claws. These claws will be slightly different to existing chaotic equipment in that you'll need to mount the claws onto an existing dragon claw weapon – both the off-hand and main-hand pieces. To compensate for this additional cost, the Dungeoneering token cost of the chaotic add-on will be significantly lower than equivalent chaotic gear. At a faster attack speed, and with increased crit chance, the chaotic claws will be formidable tools to use.

Upcoming Content Updates

The planned Kalphite King and the Ranged Slayer dungeons will both require the very best equipment for effectively fighting the foes found within. Buy up some awesome gear now to avoid disappointment!
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: RS News: Changes coming to EoC

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm

It sounds like I need to retire my full bronze kit! %-( :((
morituri te salutant

Damion
RSN: Ohfaq

Post by Damion » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Sounds like a sold those 20k rocktails a little to soon...
[url=http://www.facebook.com/mscoast]Add me on Facebook[/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Ohfaq][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/blue/pose/117/Ohfaq.png[/img][/url][url=http://leetsigs.com/][img]http://advlog.leetscape.com/black/ohfaq.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_12_mining2.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_01_rc_3rd.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_02_wc_3rd.png[/sig]

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am

Damion wrote:Sounds like a sold those 20k rocktails a little to soon...
Ouch! Lol. :P
Looks as if some Boss trips are on the agenda for the immediate future.

celegorn
RSN: celegorn

Post by celegorn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 am

I feel like I say this every time Jagex does something idiotic, but it's like they have NO idea what's going on inside their own game.

"we value higher level equipment but we're going to just, i don't know, cause prices of lower level equipment to jack up significantly and increase the difficulty of the source, making it difficult for players of that level to purchase any gear at all"

I love how they merely have to whisper "set effects" even if they already said it before, and everyone will go nuts and buy everything.

So many people lost so much money selling nex gear and divines etc b/c they screwed up to begin with now the problem is they're trying to help people genuinely lost money but instead they're stabbing them in the back. They should have just left well enough alone and let nex items come to their natural low price.

Back to everyone running around in steroid-suits looking for best strength bonuses I guess.
i have sigs turned off