Change in dung magic staves?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Change in dung magic staves?

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Is it my imagination or has Jagex changed magic staves in dung? When I was in a dung today, I found I was only able to make catalytic and empowered catalytic magic staves. I did not see an option to create elemental magic staves (e.g., empowered fire stave).
morituri te salutant

psych0_sys
RSN: psych0_sys

Re: Change in dung magic staves?

Post by psych0_sys » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Maybe it now relates more to the logs you use?
I have noticed the same thing though..

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm

I tried Entgallow and Gravecreeper. In both cases, only catalytic staves can be made.
morituri te salutant

Signature
RSN: Signature

Post by Signature » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I think it's because elemental staff is redundant now due to catalytic being all elements together. Why make a fire staff when Cata is fire, air, earth, and water in one.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 am

Signature wrote:I think it's because elemental staff is redundant now due to catalytic being all elements together. Why make a fire staff when Cata is fire, air, earth, and water in one.
I don't think that's correct. When I wield the empowered catalytic stave, no elemental spells are active. Only when I add runes to my inventory while wielding the catalytic stave, do the elemental attack spells appear.
morituri te salutant

Signature
RSN: Signature

Post by Signature » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 am

Dr Brad wrote:
Signature wrote:I think it's because elemental staff is redundant now due to catalytic being all elements together. Why make a fire staff when Cata is fire, air, earth, and water in one.
I don't think that's correct. When I wield the empowered catalytic stave, no elemental spells are active. Only when I add runes to my inventory while wielding the catalytic stave, do the elemental attack spells appear.
Really?

I can't say I've experienced it myself, but I saw Jagex state that's how it would work in EOC, guess maybe they changed it... Weird...

After looking on wiki, looks like celestial cata staff / doomcore has the elemental runes, doesn't make alot of sense to me to remove the others then...

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 am

The Dungeoneering section of the Runecrafting Skill Guide in game only shows the Catalytic staff at lvl 50, and the Empowered catalytic staff at lvl 99, so I guess any others would have to be as drops from that boss, which I can't remember the name of.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

psych0_sys
RSN: psych0_sys

Post by psych0_sys » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:23 pm

To my knowledge, the celestial catalytic staff is the only staff in dungeoneering that actually lets you use as intended. Meaning it does provide all elemental runes. The other catalytic staves only provide a damage bonus.

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I have the doomcore staff bound- mostly due to a lack of having a celestial catacyltic at the moment but i cant attest to the fact that the doomcore provides all elemental runes
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

Prior to EOC, I remember fletching and then imbueing fire staves at the dung rune altar. As far as I can tell, this can no longer be done.
morituri te salutant