New EOC system

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: New EOC system

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Fro, what set up are you using with Bork now? I defeated him last night but ate 9 rocktails in the process. Expensive! I used a chaotic maul -- he's weak to crush -- and prayed deflect mage. I also want to minimize the expensive gear I take into the Wildy en route to the tunnels. I want to find beter tactics if they exist.
morituri te salutant

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I've been doing the phoenix almost daily - except the days i forget- but he's even easier in the eoc now, used 1 shark getting through the tunnels which is a lot easier because you drop the forgotten warriors/rangers really quickly.
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Frobozz

Post by Frobozz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Dr Brad wrote:Fro, what set up are you using with Bork now? I defeated him last night but ate 9 rocktails in the process. Expensive! I used a chaotic maul -- he's weak to crush -- and prayed deflect mage. I also want to minimize the expensive gear I take into the Wildy en route to the tunnels. I want to find better tactics if they exist.
My pre-EoC technique was full dragon with whip and dragonfire shield, praying melee most of the time and praying mage before the wizard attacked, plus leech attack and leech defense. Right before the battle I would always use enhanced excalibur. Using this technique, I never consumed any food, and my pray would always last til the end of the fight.

For post-EoC, my technique is still "evolving". I'm currently using:

I chose the dragon mace for several reasons:
- I don't have a chaotic maul. My Dungeoneering is weak.
- I prefer to use the dragonfire shield because it gives a 1000 lifepoint bonus and a hefty armor bonus.
- It's a crush weapon.
- It has a +5 prayer bonus.

In my inventory I take the ectophial and 10 sharks.

Here's the setup for my twitchbar:

I enable Vampyrism before the fight.

In combat, I use pray melee and turmoil the whole time. I turn off turmoil if I'm running low on prayer. The wizard hits much less frequently in the new system, to the point that I mostly ignore him now and don't bother with mage pray. However, Resonance (slot 9) is effective against him if you time it right, as it causes his attack to heal you.

I start by clicking slot 8, then slot 7, and work my way down, going from strongest to weakest non-adrenaline attacks until I build up to the 50% and 100% attacks. Dismember (slot 7) is a nice regular attack. It does a lot of damage.

With this setup I've killed Bork with only eating 2 sharks in my last 2 attempts. I want to continue tweaking this method until I no longer have to eat to kill him.

Also note that the earth warriors in the chaos tunnels are now aggressive, so all combat preparation should be done at dust devils, which are the last non-aggressive room until you reach Bork.

As for getting to the chaos tunnels, I'm still using the most dangerous path, which is the path just north of the Edgeville lodestone. I mentally prepare myself every time I take that path. If I see any white dots in the wild on the way to the entrance, I ectophial tele immediately. I keep my mouse over the ectophial. I'm still considering changing over to the second-closest entrance as an alternative. I'm risking 12 million with this gear.

Also note that your prayer continues to drain during the Bork cut scene to summon his minions. Hopefully Jagex will fix this bug soon, as it eats significant prayer points. Everyone should formally report this bug when they get a chance.
Frobozz the Wizard
Because you have to burn. In order to shine.

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Frobozz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm

I just tried another attack on Bork. This time I used a whip vine + excalibur. Excalibur does heal nicely. It looked like it was healing about 5% of my lifepoints on a good hit. Unfortunately the whip and excalibur combo does noticeably less damage, probably because they're both slashing weapons. The fight was longer, which put me at risk of running out of prayer. Also, I couldn't use Resonance, which requires a shield.

For this attempt, I ate 4 sharks and ended with 255 pray and 1400 lp (which is in the red). I think I'll stick with the mace + dragonfire shield.

I also noticed that during the cut scene not only does it burn through your prayer, it also causes you to lose all adrenaline. That seems like a double bug.

For this attempt, I hopped to world 116 to get to the chaos tunnels, taking the Edgeville path. That's the fishing trawler world, and it's one of the more vacant worlds. There should be reduced risk of pkers there.
Frobozz the Wizard

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks, Fro!

Of interest, after the dust devils are the black demons. Surprisingly, they're non-aggressive now! That's where I pot up before heading into Bork.

I used to use the Chat worlds to access the Chaos Tunnels (fewer ppl) but they're all gone!

Someday, I'll understand the "Target", "Attacking" and "Defending" chart numbers under Combat Stats (your image above). As for now, I'm clueless. LOL.
morituri te salutant

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Frobozz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 am

Another attack on Bork. This time I went back to dragon mace and dragonfire shield. I accidentally did soul split instead of turmoil, but I got through the entire fight without eating any food. I'd still recommend deflect melee + turmoil instead of soul split.

Another observation, super def potions are still incredibly cheap (131 gp for a 4 dose.) Next attempt I'll use a dose of super def and see if I take less damage. The cost is negligible. I had gotten out of the habit of using defense potions because of the automatic defense boost from excalibur, which of course is now gone.

I ended the fight with 304 prayer and 1300 life points.
Frobozz the Wizard

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:51 am

Thanks again, Fro!
morituri te salutant

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 pm

I'd also just like to state that abyssal demons, in kuradals at least, are weak to slash not water spells.
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Myles wrote:I'd also just like to state that abyssal demons, in kuradals at least, are weak to slash not water spells.
Thanks, Myles. Consistent with http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_demon
morituri te salutant

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 am

I just posted this in a different thread in response to a question. I'll go ahead and drop it here, as well. Some things might have already been stated in this thread. I'm not too experienced, considering I've only put in a few hours since the EoC release, but I'm eager to learn and willing to share what I know! So, here is this:

Let's say that you're mining gold in LRC. If you were to drag a gold ore into a slot in the action bar (we'll say it is dragged into the first, far-left slot, which is "1" for default). Now, you can simply press or even hold down the "1" button to drop gold AS you're mining. You can hold down the hot-key the entire time you're mining and it will NOT interrupt the mining as you drop the items. Basically, you can now click on the ore deposit, hold down "1", and you will mine and drop gold non-stop until the deposit runs out. The juju mining potion can be placed into the action bar for quicker access to the potion.

All slots can have their hot-key adjusted by right-clicking. This way, you can customize the hot-key to the keyboard button of your choice.

Ways the action bar adjusts skilling that I have seen:
Place grimy herbs in the action bar for quick cleaning while on an herb run
Place food for quick healing
Place any ores or fish for quick dropping
Place teleports and teleport tablets for quick teleporting
Place potions for quick boosting/healing/whatever they're used for

There's some examples off the top of my head. Hopefully that helped!

0ZZ-MAN
RSN: X OZZ X

Post by 0ZZ-MAN » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:17 pm

I highly recommend blocking this slayer task the strikers are weak to crush attacks and the protectors are weak to magic water spells. OZZ

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Frobozz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:54 am

Another Bork update. I've just about perfected Bork hunting. I no longer need to use any food, and my health never goes below 50%. The secret is Rejuvinate. It heals a massive 40% of your life points. With a cool down time of 60 seconds, you'll be able to use it at least twice during the battle, so you can expect to get 80% of your life points healed. This is an Ultimate Ability, so you won't be able to use your other powerful attacks, but the huge healing is worth the sacrifice. This could be useful in other boss battles, as it provides an unlimited source of significant healing, as long as you're fighting and building up more adrenaline.

Resonance is also nice. If you time it right, you'll get a heal off of the wizard attack, which will usually heal about 500 lp. The wizard attacks around once every 6 Bork attacks, so just count it down. With the Resonance cool down time of 30 seconds, you'll be able to use it against one of every two of his attacks. The wizard hits more often than I previously thought, so this is worth the effort.

Also, drink a dose of super defense potion before the fight. The cost of the dose is only 39 g.

I ended today's Bork battle with no prayer left, but full health, and not using any food. :)
Frobozz the Wizard

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am

Well done, Fro, noble Bork slayer! :D
morituri te salutant