The Weight Of The World Much?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Rue
Inactive
RSN: Roman Joseph

The Weight Of The World Much?

Post by Rue » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 am

Who else here feels that they owe to themselves to earn a max cape? Since the latest cape update in early May, I felt obligated to get my hands on that silky, jewel encrusted cape. It just makes sense, after playing 8 years I should be close to the point of obtaining one. On the other hand, what's the purpose of aiming for one if all you are doing is going through the motions with certain skills? What are your thoughts about the max cape? For those of you that have it, and even the completion, what was your true motivation behind it all?
[size=85]"If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat."[/size]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Stihlrue][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/wood/pos ... ihlrue.png[/img][/url]

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: The Weight Of The World Much?

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 am

I don't care much for capes, but have always in the back of my mind had all 99's as a goal. With that said, lately my desire to be playing this game has been dropping and that goal is looking like it may never get achieved.

Part of what is making runescape difficult for me is what you said: all you're doing is going through the motions with ALL skills. When it comes down to it there's little to no end-game content to make going through the motions justifiable other than for the purpose of getting the levels themselves.

Although I could and may end up just getting it for the sake of getting it. When I've 200+ days of game-time logged it really makes the ~750 hours required for me to finish maxing seem paltry, as if since its "only" about 30 more days its that much easier to get.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 am

It means getting 99 RC......................I wont get one!

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Same here...I will never get 99 RC (unless they butcher the skill like they did with FMing in the Jadinko cave ;))

I play for fun...if it's not fun, or doesn't lead to fun, I don't do it. For example, I hate almost all the quests, but I do them because the rewards lead to more fun doing other things.

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm

On this account I'll probaly never be able to get a maxed cape due to my characters combat nature, unless I ever change that.

But looking at my stats, I'm still a long way off and not too worried thb.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 pm

To me, I feel like I've put too much time and effort into a game to go so close and then leave before I have the ultimate prize, but that means I still have a lot of time toiling on this game for a cape that means that you are done with skills pretty much. I like skills, but if I ever got the maxxed cape, I probably wouldn't have as much of an incentive to play anymore or as much.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Pilgrim Matt wrote:It means getting 99 RC......................I wont get one!

Same here, but may get it with Troll invasion, effigies, penguin points 1 day.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 pm

pi_stoff wrote:
Pilgrim Matt wrote:It means getting 99 RC......................I wont get one!

Same here, but may get it with Troll invasion, effigies, penguin points 1 day.
Don't forget assists. 91-99 using only assists takes 238 days (30k exp/day). Add in penguin points and troll invasion with the odd effigy here and there to speed things up and it'll take much less time.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Sorry, not interested at all in getting a max cape. I don't ever want to get 99 everything because then there won't be much left to do in the game. I hate getting 99's. Apart from that, I agree with what Kaz said above. I play the game for fun, so I won't spend hours and days levelling rc because I find it just way too boring

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Since March or so I've been playing for no other reason than to max (99 all skills, not 120 dg). All before Jagex decides to add micro transactions to the game.

I don't have long :<