Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Clan Bank?

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:29 pm

The following was posted to the Clan Leaders' Forum 2 days ago:
Hey guys,

Another infamous Clan Leader thread asking you for information on what you think about things. As always, no promises or guarantees but myself and a few friends may be interested in hearing your opinions on the title of the thread.

Why do you want a Clan Bank?*

*Clan Bank: This is being defined as a shared bank that the entire clan can use.

It's a fairly simple question and can be answered in any particular way that you'd like. The main focus that I'd like to hear is key points as to how you'd expect to use a Clan Bank day to day, what features it would have and where would the items come from.

Thanks in advance,

Mod Timbo
If you post your thoughts, I will submit a response on behalf of the clan.
morituri te salutant

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

Re: Clan Bank?

Post by Universal NZ » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Personally i don't have enough trust in people to deposit anything in them.So would never use unless you could put items in there that people could borrow for a certain time then it automatically went back into bank etc.So people could use my Armour and items when i am not online.

This is just my opinion don't judge me or hate me for it there is reasons why i don't trust.
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.

Aridan
RSN: Lady Aridan

Post by Aridan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm

I think there could be uses for it. Probably more than we can see at this given time, as RS changes and evolves. I like the idea of items being able to be borrowed from it, rather than taken outright, more because those items would go back to the bank upon death rather than because of any trust issues. I'm sure they would probably build features in it that would allow it to be administrated in some way. Question is whether the admins think this would be more of a headache for them rather than a plus. So all in all, I would be in favor of one. I always like the choice of a new feature, even if we may not use it.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:08 pm

For those of you with WoW experience, you may want to comment on the PROS and CONS of Clan (Guild) Banks.
morituri te salutant

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Frankly I don't see the point with free trade and all.

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 am

Clan banks Are really awsome If Run By the right person. namly Are adm I trust everyone them. I Have Ton of WOW Experince. Clan Banks You can Actually Barrow things. In Wow it Keeps track of Who Put in and Who takes Out. its all Kept thack Of. Personally I Dont See the need for a clan Bank. In runescape. Especially In Clans.Their Is no Need for it.
if our Clan Say KOA All Could get on the same page this would be good Deal But It is imo We Are headed for a train wreck. As a Clan

WOW needs Clan Banks because Of the Time it takes to get Certain things. Cant buy skills In wow.
But you can Buy the best food or ore. or bags. The clan banks In wow Are a real help When comes to the Best things that a clan Can do together. Like raids. You will Need the best food or weapons. And the clan bank provides that.

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 am

Dr Brad wrote:For those of you with WoW experience, you may want to comment on the PROS and CONS of Clan (Guild) Banks.
Within WoW a portion of all gained coins is added to the clan bank (as bonus coins) that along with items that other-players outgrow (such as inventory bags) are passed down to other players within the clan as they become obsolete. More of a "hand-me-down" scenario. When it comes to applying these values to RS I don't know if the same values would hold true. Even in my brief WoW experiances only admin had acess to the clan bank (to prevent funny business) anyone could add to the bank but special permissions were required to withdrawel. On the pro side, items that 1 player collects that they may not be able to use due to lack of required skill (e.g. I collect black d-hides but do not have the crafting level to make them into anything useful) another player that can craft them would (ideally) be able to withdrawel, craft & redeposit them for other players to use.

At the current state of the game I don't believe this would be a benifit as most players simply sell thier surplus or unusable items for coins or other more useful items. The only definitive application I have seen this concept applied to in-game was when Myself & a few others would go to rune-rocks in the f2p wild & mine, then deposit the rune ore into a "kitty" as we called it in-which more skilled smithers would craft them into rune-items that the whole pk team could access in f2p if they died & lost thier rune items. This would be a huge benefit in a f2p clan, but most of koa is p2p and this would not work with items p2p players use on a regular basis.

Cheers-Dragon

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 pm

My experience with Guild banks is without fail someone always steals everything from them.

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 pm

I'd be happy to put items in there as long as they could only be borrowed, rather than taken. e.g. if someone wanted to borrow my zammy spear for an event, it would have the same effect as if i lent it. Other than that, I don't really see the point of one. I can't imagine too much trouble in koa, but other (less mature) clans would have virtual riots about stuff being taken.

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 pm

i cant see this going well at all. in anyway or form

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:49 pm

I think it has some possibilities of helping clans out. Mainly with it being a storage for weapons and tools needed for events and such. Only if a person puts an item in the clan bank, they are the only person that can take it out of the clan bank. Everyone else can take the item out, but only as a lend. Once the lend is over, it's sent to the clan bank again.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback, folks.
morituri te salutant

Calviniuster
RSN: Calviniuster

Post by Calviniuster » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 am

In the few years I've been playing rs, I've never borrowed anything, even with my noobish skills. And only once have I lent anything (mostly because I haven't much of anything anyone would want, but still...). My point being, it isnt something I would use, so I wouldn't care much one way or another.

That said, here are my logical thoughts: Loan only, and only on request; admin must have a control to "open" the bank (what a hassle for admin!). "Donations" to the bank would be for a set time; ie, you put it in for 1 month, you cannot take it back, except as a loan yourself until the time period is up. That would prevent the childish "Oh my god! I never get to use my zammy spear cuz someone always has it! I'm taking it out of the bank!"

Otherwise, just a bad idea...

edit: perhaps a loan limit? You can only borrow from the bank 'x' amount of times per month.

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 am

I could see having a clan bank if it was just used similar to the lending system we already have. I wouldn't mind "storing" my items I rarely use in it for anyone to use. You would still only be able to borrow one item (saved automatically if you die) at a time and for a limited amount of time.. let's say 5 hrs. Now, what if i want my item and it's always gone when I get on? There could be a place to click for "owner wishes to have item back" and when the member's 5 hr time limit is up or when he replaces it in the clan bank, the item would automatically go back into the owner's bank. This way I can free up a lot of my bank space and members could borrow many things that they may not be able to afford.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)