New way to firemake

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dave
RSN: Neltak

New way to firemake

Post by Dave » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Came across this video with a "new" method of firemaking. Looks like 500k/h easily (without horn).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44dIrSZQ-0
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Bass
RSN: Bassjason1

Re: New way to firemake

Post by Bass » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:50 am

My friend figured this out and posted a vid of him doing it on tip.it. From its appearance on here already I guess the efficiency folks liked it. Hopefully they come out with an aura to either make this easier or add a multiplier to the xp for a bit. :D

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 am

Bass wrote:My friend figured this out and posted a vid of him doing it on tip.it. From its appearance on here already I guess the efficiency folks liked it. Hopefully they come out with an aura to either make this easier or add a multiplier to the xp for a bit. :D
Or they'll find a way to make it not work :lol:

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 am

Really cool!
Thanks for sharing, I´m gonna use it next time I´m doing fm

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 am

I will give this a try, thanks for the find. :)
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 am

Bass wrote:My friend figured this out and posted a vid of him doing it on tip.it. From its appearance on here already I guess the efficiency folks liked it. Hopefully they come out with an aura to either make this easier or add a multiplier to the xp for a bit. :D
Yeah it looked like they liked it. My friend (who did this vid, only difference is its inside his house instead of in uhh...edge i think is where your friend did it) is one of those efficiency folk and only wished that method was known/figured out/possible before he got most of his firemaking experience. :P

As far as Jagex making it easier...I highly doubt that. If anything in a few weeks or months we'll see a patch "fixing" the horrendous "bug" of firemaking alongside a familiar. *Thinks back to how C2 fishing got nerfed by 25% because it was too quick experience.*

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am

Well it already cost alot with magic logs and aswell you have to pay to the butler, anyways I might give it a try with cheaper logs :mrgreen:

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Philoz 494 wrote:Well it already cost alot with magic logs and aswell you have to pay to the butler, anyways I might give it a try with cheaper logs :mrgreen:
If you don't want to pay the butler simply firemake somewhere else, and naturally use whatever logs you'd like. This here was just showing how to get the most out of the method. The method itself is to use the familiar to light logs as you do, increasing the number of logs/h you can burn. You can also use the Penance Horn to double the exp you're getting as you use this method.

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Last time I tried lighting fire in my house It wasnt possible (except in the fireplace), when did it change?

malex
RSN: LuckySphere

Post by malex » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Interesting method, I will definitely try it someday. Didn't know you can make buttler get you logs

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:26 pm

I like the thinking! There's always someone thinking outside the box lol trying to get faster xp! I thought that xp was already pretty fast with horn, gloves etc. Will definitely have to try next time, although is pretty expensive for all the logs...

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 am

malex wrote:Interesting method, I will definitely try it someday. Didn't know you can make buttler get you logs
Haven't tested but I imagine it would only me the logs used for construction (regular, oak, teak, etc.).

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 pm

malex wrote:Interesting method, I will definitely try it someday. Didn't know you can make buttler get you logs
I'm pretty sure if it's noted, the butler can go unnote it for you if you have it with you.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 am

Starwolf wrote:
I'm pretty sure if it's noted, the butler can go unnote it for you if you have it with you.
I did finally try I and that's exactly it, he un-certs any items for you. I only FM'd until I got my rocks but it was very fast when I got the timing right, which wasn't all that common for me. The mouse I was using was a bit erratic.

Final thoughts:
Would you recommend this to a friend: Yes!

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:12 am

Bump.

Tried it and works well :)