Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Positives and Negatives of new clan chat

Post by onezerobin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:59 pm

These are just my opinions.

Positive:

- Now when we log into penguin cc (or any friend or d&d cc), we can still be in our clan.

We join penguin cc as a friend by adding that cc name to friends list. For some reason guest seems not to work yet.

This will allow us to successfully share penguin, star or evil tree locations with clan mates.

Negative

- The above positive also means increase in free loading of d&d resources and over crowding at stars and evil trees.

- Sometimes when I am doing too much afking because of real life, I 'hide' from clan. That means I am in game doing fishing, but keep my pm off and don't come into clan. This cannot be done anymore. Once you are in game, by default you are in cc too. You can no longer 'hide' from clanmates.

- Multiclanning: not sure how this will work.

What do you guys think of new clan chat system?

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Re: Positives and Negatives of new clan chat

Post by Shortstuff » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:10 pm

im currently in a corperal beast fc, and koa cc, i am currently missing half the convos thats are said in the koa fc

eg. someone levels up and says their new level in fc, i only see who leveled because someone said gratz in the cc

i'm all confused already lol

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

We have to physically press '/' twice to say something in the clan cc, eliminating wc's and naughty chat!
(I bet it doesn't, I will be the first to wc, you wait and see!)

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

I am already the worst at saying the wrong thing in the wrong chat! Public, PM, CC...now FC too?? I am doomed!!

Joedakiller
RSN: Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:36 pm

I dont really like this update much at all.

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Are you in KoA cc and KoA Fc in the same time? O.O

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Another thing to note: When in both a clan chat and guest clan chat if somebody in the guest clan chat uses quickchat the text colors as if it was said in the normal clan chat. (not the guest clan chat color)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Kaleviplika wrote:Are you in KoA cc and KoA Fc in the same time? O.O
You can Kal.

The difference is to be in KoA cc admin has to invite you to join clan. Whenever you login into game, even if you'r pm is turned off you will be always visible to the clan; and then if you leave clan you have to be re-invited all over again by an admin. There is no way to be invisible to the clan.

KoA Fc is KoA_Clan. No invite is required as long you are in it's friends list; or it is a public cc and you add it your friends list. When you join the game you can join and leave the cc as you wish. This is essentially the same functionality as the clan system before; except that whenever you want to join any other cc you have to add them to your friends list.

If you join in KoA Fc and not KoA cc, you cannot read what people type in KoA cc. Same applies the other way round.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Positive:

There's now a KoA homepage via http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-hi ... landing.ws that provides detailed information about all clan members.
morituri te salutant

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:42 pm

The clan chat titles can be up to 20 characters which is really long and takes up near a quarter of the available chat space. I think it would be great to make the clan initials appear instead of the whole name. Most clans have this set up like this in their now friends chat.

More then one clan.

I've read replies by Mod Maz why it was not included. But at the same time I've read valid points by many players so far. For me personally I am a skilling and occasional warrer. I would love to be able to be in a warring clan and a skilling clan. I'd stay in the skilling chat normally, and then enter the warring chat when we war. I don't overly care to idle in the warring chat, so being limited to one chat wouldn't be a problem (I'd prefer their IRC anyway).

Remote Invite.

-This is another issue I've seen addressed by Mod Maz, but the issue I saw was just people need to be on the same world. If that is the only technical issue then I'd enjoy it being a remote function to invite people to your clan instead of having to track them down and spend time running around getting everyone to sign up for the clan (again technically).

Power Delegation.

-Currently only leaders and admins can change ranks in the clan chat to my knowledge. It was a real anticipated update to allow multiple people to upgrade ranks without accountsharing. The update today made a good step towards that, now I'd just like it if the leader could actually delegate powers of ranking to recruiters or other ranks if they chose to.

Offsites.

Timbo addressed this too, but I think it is such a major issue now it needs more. Timbo stated some list of regulations here: 270-271-19-62660166. But people have posted in response, that if they have to meet that they will. Many clan leaders already adhere to what Timbo said and I think the advantage to allowed clan sites to be "approved" would greatly help the clan community. Most all well established clans use offsites, it is no secret. I feel very strongly it would be an extremely great step for Jagex to attempt to approve the sites of people that are willing to work with Jagex.

Name Disputes.

A few RSC Pure clans have had their names "Stolen" by other clans for the soul purpose of disrupting the clans. I think an appeals process should be set up for clan names with that issue. An autohide thread where a clan leader can appeal to this would really help. I have no affiliation with pure clans on any level, but I do find it a bit unfair that another clan can steal a name of a clan for the soul purpose of just destroying a community.

Kicking from Clan Chat.

It seems now you can no longer remove a member from the clan chat for an hour without totally banning them. Sometimes its necessarily to give members the hour timeout to cool down. It would be a good update to add that back in, instead of the choice between ignore it or banning them.

Shivvyy
RSN: Shivvyy

Post by Shivvyy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm not a fan, I like some other, enjoy being alone in RS , alot of the time. Now, I'm always gonna be in CC because of the update (no offence guys :P)

So heres a heads up, if I don't reply, and my character is ''offline'' and not responding, but in the cc, I'm busy, and skilling most likely. :)
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/black/femal ... hivvyy.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/skill/black/magic/99/Shivvyy.png[/img][/url]

[b]I don't know how to say this, but I'm kind of a big deal.[/b]