Runecrafting, how?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Runecrafting, how?

Post by pi_stoff » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:52 am

I got 99 smithing the other day making my total number of 99's 18, I have plans and methods to max my other skills but I am stumped with Runecrafting, I know how to train it but I want to know how to train it and retain a certain degree of sanity at the end.

I tried baloon laws which was fun for my lower levels, I tried graak to nat alter and tele to castle wars, this was fun/bearable but then my pouch broke, I then need to tele to edg, change gear run wildy speak to mage, craft a few on the way back.

I tried tele lunar, take a mud staff few laws with me as I craft astrals, tele back to bank and repeat.

Is their any routine as detailed as possible that you find bearable that could motivate me to continue for more than a few runs.

I am not in a hurry to max I play for fun and I enjoy slaying so I slay a lot, but I feel I want to max just to say I have done it, I am pretty scared when It does happen because there will be even less reasons to train skills.

Any advice appreciated.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Re: Runecrafting, how?

Post by TrixStar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:11 am

I did nats from 92-99. There is no bearable way to rc.

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:32 pm

On my way to 99 I mixed it up with ZMI being my primary focus. When I got bored with it I would Graahk then I would aybss. Made it "bearable" for me. RC is my favorite skill so it was never really unbearable to me. Good luck!

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Post by Poppy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Rc is what it is, for the most of us, fairly unbearable.

Zmi is the fastest xp, but you could also use lunar spells to talk to the NPC pouch guy when running nats, as it saves having to hop to edge to use the abyss.

Beyond 91 ofc, effigy assists are very helpful.

Oh and grats on 99 smithing Steve! :)

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Steve, I fear you'll have to swap brains with Dunder if you want to find any enjoyment with RCing. :P
morituri te salutant

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Pi I play great orb project mini game with 50-50 teams, to get guaranteed number of tokens in each game. The tokens can be used to buy any rc altar tele tabs.

The tele tabs makes the trips lot faster and breaks the boredom of training. Basically these are equivalent to sc tools for other skills. You get some xp while playing the game too.

dunder
Inactive

Post by dunder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Dr Brad wrote:Steve, I fear you'll have to swap brains with Dunder if you want to find any enjoyment with RCing. :P
**yelling***Loaning dunder brain 100k for 2hrs :-)

korella
RSN: KORftw

Post by korella » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Graahk or Astrals is the best option, and if you have a lunar spell book, you can contact the dark mage and repair your pouches! ;)

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Avidr wrote:Pi I play great orb project mini game with 50-50 teams, to get guaranteed number of tokens in each game. The tokens can be used to buy any rc altar tele tabs.

The tele tabs makes the trips lot faster and breaks the boredom of training. Basically these are equivalent to sc tools for other skills. You get some xp while playing the game too.
Funny you should say that
GOP Event hosted by BFOA on 30th March :)
Image Image

dunder
Inactive

Post by dunder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 pm

ooberman wrote:
Avidr wrote:Pi I play great orb project mini game with 50-50 teams, to get guaranteed number of tokens in each game. The tokens can be used to buy any rc altar tele tabs.

Funny you should say that
GOP Event hosted by BFOA on 30th March :)
I want to try to make this since i have never tried great orb before. Looks interesting.

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for the info.

Some great advice, forgot contact npc, that will make life easier, I can then Graahk without having to waste pouch time by visiting the abyss.
Mix that in with a bit of astraling and some ZMI.

havent tried GOP so that could be worth a visit, anyone know of a good guide or I will try RHQ when I get a sec.

A bit of bad timing, I had mith dragons today for slayer, killed all 15 and got some chewed bones, created my pyre and got the last of the elite fremmy tasks done, tried to use my lamps on RC, I need 86 to be able to use them, I am 85, used barlok to raise me 2 levels but didnt count towards the lamps, couldnt bank so used on crafting, had I known it required 86 I would have waited to claim until I got the last level.

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Post by Poppy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:44 pm

That is exactly what happened to me with 2 Fally elite task lamps that required 90 in a skill to use. I was 88 rc at the time and couldn't bank them or go dungeoneering etc, so I spent the next couple of days rcing at zmi with 2 lamps in my invent, till I could use them. :P

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:32 am

Since it is the only skill that you're worried about, then you should make sure to use all free xp towards it, especially penguins. If you're constantly slaying, then you should have a steady flow of effigies to use towards rc. Any effigies that require an rc investigation should be held onto until you have reached that level or can boost (don't forget stews.)

The real challenge is 91 imo. I haven't crafted a a rune since reaching 91 RC-all of my xp comes from opening effigies and daily assists. Assisting Runecrafting from 91-99 is 238 days of 30k assists. Considering that you play casually, that shouldn't be a big deal.

If you're desperate and don't mind paying money to train RC, then there is always the cave crawler option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4LmSog6Us

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Zmi is best exp/h (I've managed 45k/h, heard 50-55k is reasonable for 90+), though boring as could be...but what rc isn't.

Simply fill your bank after you've withdrawn the pouches, astrals and fire runes, have an earth staff equipped and agile legs/top (idk what else is ideal for zmi'ing).

The method: Run to Runecraft, tele to Ourania, bank using fire runes as payment, withdraw an inventory of essense, exit bank, fill up giant and medium pouches, fill familiar, bank, fill up rest of pouches and fill inventory (without leaving bank), run to runecraft, repeat.

Doing the pouches/familiar like that may seem odd, but I found it to save me a couple seconds each trip as filling pouches outside the bank only takes one click, and I was exiting the bank once to fill the familiar anyways. If opt to not use a familiar, just fill all the pouches while you're in the bank.

I also had a specific order of withdrawing essence from the pouches & familiar depending on how many different runes were crafted from the first inventory, but forget my conditions.

Then there's the effigy option. As Hacky suggested, Effigyscape is a way to train via effigies.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:44 am