RS and the "new" economy

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Re: RS and the "new" economy

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Brad asks, Sorry, but I don't understand the connection between pking materials and rune bars. Can you please explain? Thanks.

My rationale for stocking runite bars is that the F2P community will be relying on a renewable source of rune scimmys and armor in order to keep PKing. (Lame pkers will always need more rune items) So I plan on smithing the Rune Bars into scims and such. It is true tht Rune Items are not destroyed, but merely change hands when a PK kill occurs. I guess I am gambling on winning PKer's either keeping rune drops for future Pking, or alching some of their loot. Since the only firm economic standard in the Free Economy is alching values, there is a floor to the potential falling prices of rune items. At worst, I can always resell Rune Bars or just smith and sell something like knives or such.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the explanation. :)
morituri te salutant

PhelimReagh
Inactive
RSN: Sean na Gael

Post by PhelimReagh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 am

Regarding some price drops, I think a lot of items were being merched, stockpiled, with the expectation that prices would rise. Then, as with all merches, when there were signs of weakness in the market, there has been an over-correction. However, we are no longer limited to 10% drops per day, and the over-correction on some items has become extreme.

This is just the adjustment period to the new economy. Prices will stabilize, at some point.

Again, I'm enjoying it. Just picked up 25K Rune Essence for between 10-11 coins each, and some more pure ess for ~70 each. Maple logs, got a few for 30 coins. I just wish it had happened with dragon bones. I guess the dragon borgs will take longer to impact the economy.
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/leaves/male ... a_Gael.png[/img][/url]
[size=85]I'm bitter that Jagex has spent $50+ million of RS subscriptions developing other games instead of improving RS. If you're reading one of my posts and I even allude to Dungeoneering as a "skill" instead of minigame, keep that in mind.[/size]

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

LOL, I've had an order for cheap Dragon Bones in since the madness began, but no joy. Maybe today some poor pker will panic and sell Dbones for 4k. ROFL

On a brighter note, I id pick up 1k Blue Dhides for 1500ea. That's about the alch value, so it's free exp! :D

For the most conservative investments or purchases for skilling, alch prices provide a maximum safe price. For example, if a Yew Long alchs for 763, and you can pick up yewlog+bowstring+nat for 763, you might as well purchase them and train fletching...it's free exp! :D

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I have been holding back selling stuff, until prices stabilize. Like all of you, I see any items that deal with pk'ing have gone up while skilling materials have gone down sharply. Taking advantage of that, I am buying things that used to be expensive like lantadyme and dwarf weed seeds, now at 1/5 their pre-free trade values.

Du

Garnoidish
RSN: The Beef

Post by Garnoidish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Bah bah bah Bah baah...I'm loving it :P

Ha, I managed to make a cool 98m off some cannonballs and purchase a Yellow Phat last night :D

benson300
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Bam Yoo

Post by benson300 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

I agree B F O A! I remember when you could buy raw materials train and the sell them for a profit. The current economy doesn't allow you to train a skill without losing millions of GP. Hopefully free trade will bring back the old days of profiting when training!
ImageImage

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Well, actually, was trying to get my shattered heart rock for fletching and discovered this:

buy yew logs for 377gp each, fletch into yew longs (u) sell 399 each, rinse and repeat.
(I don't string them, takes too much time)

free xp and profit!

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:05 pm

du lac46 wrote:Well, actually, was trying to get my shattered heart rock for fletching and discovered this:

buy yew logs for 377gp each, fletch into yew longs (u) sell 399 each, rinse and repeat.
(I don't string them, takes too much time)

free xp and profit!
Its been like that with maple logs for a long time but a lot more profit, thats why I wonder why people on low budgets fletch willows where you make a loss, .