sould I

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

firstknight4
Inactive
RSN: Firstknight4

sould I

Post by firstknight4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:47 am

selling my blue phat for 1.5 billion and buy it back in 2week or a month just interested in what u guys think. i want it back for sure you think is too much of a risk ?

thanks

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Re: sould I

Post by TrixStar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 am

I wouldn't risk a blue.

firstknight4
Inactive

Post by firstknight4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 am

yea i was talking to an old friend he told me blues were selling for 7.5 b 3weeks ago not sure how true this is as i dont watch rares prices much

but that 2 now that told me not to sell

thanks

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 am

Seeing as how they are having a little trouble selling for 1.5 mil i doubt 7.5 bil was right

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:36 am

firstknight4 wrote:yea i was talking to an old friend he told me blues were selling for 7.5 b 3weeks ago not sure how true this is as i dont watch rares prices much

thanks
3 weeks ago all the phats were worth *much* more "street" value (I heard blue around 5b), but from my understanding that was because ge limits making all rares that were valued higher than the ge price to have ridiculous "street" values. With the free trade and that they're easily buyable/sellable with pure cash (instead of other rares) there's no "street" value anymore. IDK if that made any sense.

I'd say hang on to it though, as I can see a blue being somewhat tough to get a hold of again.

Also to kinda keep track of rares (although I can't afford one) I browse this tip.it thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/259136-3rd-ag ... __st__4980
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Jessemine
Inactive
RSN: Jessemine

Post by Jessemine » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

Dave wrote:
firstknight4 wrote:yea i was talking to an old friend he told me blues were selling for 7.5 b 3weeks ago not sure how true this is as i dont watch rares prices much

thanks
3 weeks ago all the phats were worth *much* more "street" value (I heard blue around 5b), but from my understanding that was because ge limits making all rares that were valued higher than the ge price to have ridiculous "street" values. With the free trade and that they're easily buyable/sellable with pure cash (instead of other rares) there's no "street" value anymore. IDK if that made any sense.

I'd say hang on to it though, as I can see a blue being somewhat tough to get a hold of again.

Also to kinda keep track of rares (although I can't afford one) I browse this tip.it thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/259136-3rd-ag ... __st__4980

Buying with cash is easier then trades with all kind of junk or with other rares. But wouldnt that make the price go up? Cause it is easier and no more fuss to figure out how to get a thing like that, if you can afford it. More potential buyers .----> price up???

@};-

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Jessemine wrote: Buying with cash is easier then trades with all kind of junk or with other rares. But wouldnt that make the price go up? Cause it is easier and no more fuss to figure out how to get a thing like that, if you can afford it. More potential buyers .----> price up???
@};-
Yes it is easier and there is more potential buyers, but the prices on rares before were so high because of the ridiculous requirements to buy one (of the higher rares I mean, ie. blue phat).
The people investing in them were willing to pay and do such awkward trades for amounts that are "street" value much more than the ge value before because they were a guaranteed profit. There was no way the ge value would ever catch up to the street value and that caused their "worth" to raise higher and higher.

Now that there is free trade there's less...for lack of a better word...stability in the phats' values. Before they were always rising. Now they still will probably keep rising, but at a much slower pace.

With that said, yes their cash value will rise. Will it ever reach the supposed value of a month or two ago? I doubt it.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

firstknight4
Inactive

Post by firstknight4 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

i tend to agree 5b or 7.5b was a fake but red are up too 950mil right now and its the spead that go me 480 for a purple and 1.5b for a blue that a huge spread and that was 2 days ago they have gone up huge in the last 2 days santa are up too 80 mil again go figure