I don´t care
8%

Total votes: 61

Kofal
Inactive
RSN: Kof JollyElf

Re: Bring Back the Wilderness and Free Trade

Post by Kofal » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:46 pm

The reason I did print screen of this is the 2nd paragraph. They should have had a NO option from the start, geez.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:09 pm

TBH I wouldnt mind if the GE stayed as long as with free trade there were no limits on items prices. That's the main problem. Jagex sets a price on what they think something is worth when in reality its worth about 100 times what they estimate.

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 pm

I can see this as a way of Jagex getting the bring back wildy brigade off thier backs for a while, the majority of people dont want scamming, rwt, botting. pking, luring back, this will show that they have offered the option to the players and the players have spoken.

The only bit I miss is being able to retrieve your freinds items if they are killed boss hunting, I love the GE, steady economy, knowing the cost of things and being able to buy them quickly without having to visit world 2, 1 downside of the trade limit is not being to pay over the odds for something if you want it badly but that is a small price to pay for the benefits.

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Starwolf wrote:Meh, enough speculation. Let's just wait to see if it actually will be brought back or not. Then we can gripe and complain about the validity of it
This is my feeling on the situation as well. I realize that some feel the need to proclaim their feelings and speculations, but nothing that can be said will effect the outcome. The current poll is utterly useless other than setting a world record.

I feel that Jagex has already decided whether or not they'll release these aspects and with whatever changes they feel necessary. However, if by some chance the future is in the hands of the players, there's still no point in being concerned about it in the near future, considering there will be at least one more poll.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Also just thinking bout what other ppl have said, Jagex kinda has already been making preparations of bringing back the wild. Like damage soaking on more armors to counter huge spec hits with weapons, and removing wildy pengs to name just two. I'm sure there will be more if Wildy does return.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:55 am

wait and see is correct, jagex has to make a move Soon World Warcraft With their new Expansion
Cataclysm. Sold Over 3 Million Copys In the first 24 hours. Jagex is slow to update. even though they fit a nitche in Online gaming, IMO The wilderness Should Never been taken away. If anyone walks out their these days its basically Empty. Playing WOW is exciting theirs alot thrills, being in the wild Was exciting. till they stopped it all. And Lost Alot of people.

Anyone that played whenn the wild was active Can tell you that their was alot of Money to be made off Folks who venture into the wild, I Myself would run ow on food and buy it At the edge for premium price. Not to mention runes arrows and Armor. Their are so many varibles to this.
More postives IMO then their is negatives. Guess just wait and see what they do.

Kofal
Inactive
RSN: Kof JollyElf

Post by Kofal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:53 am

I remember my first real money making was selling potions in edgeville to the pkers. Range pots, supersets and prayer pots lol, thats how I bought my 1st whip ahhhh memories lol

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:34 pm

They finally got rid of the joke and added a poll.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/wi ... referendum
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Kofal wrote:I remember my first real money making was selling potions in edgeville to the pkers. Range pots, supersets and prayer pots lol, thats how I bought my 1st whip ahhhh memories lol
Same here...I made millions selling "Darth's Super Sets". We use only the cleanest herbs, and pure spring waters drawn from the slopes of White Wolf Mountain...Step right up!

Rofl, good times.

As for the Wildy, I have to agree with Scootchy! :-? I have never pk'd in my life, but miss the fear of heading into the Wild for one reason or another. Again, good times. :D

pi_stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I am very surprised, an overwhelming vote in favour of pk wildy, i bet most are voting because its trendy to complain about wildy, I have a feeling the majority will regret it.

I guess its back to killing pures as I do my clues, glad I am big enough to look after myself, feel sorry for the newbs.

I really hope jagex have sorted the RWT and botting or its back to the "Good old days".

I hope we get a non pk wildy world or two just like the pkers do now, I have a feeling it will be difficult to get into.

Time will tell

PhelimReagh
Inactive
RSN: Sean na Gael

Post by PhelimReagh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:01 pm

This would get me to come back to Runescape, without question:
About Free Trade:

* Unrestricted Free Trade between players
* Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena
* The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed
* Party Room drop restrictions removed
* Item Lending still available
* Assist System still available
* LootShare and CoinShare still available

About the Wilderness:

* The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items
* PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)
* New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis
* Gravestones would still be used outside of the Wilderness
* Various PVP items and gear will still be available and won't become ‘rares'
* Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated
* Content located in the Wilderness area reviewed as follows:
o Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) would be relocated
o Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) would be looked at on a case-by-case basis
As long as there are Revenants loitering about the Abyssal Mage at all time (foiling Abyss PKer losers), this would be 100% perfect in my opinion.
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/leaves/male ... a_Gael.png[/img][/url]
[size=85]I'm bitter that Jagex has spent $50+ million of RS subscriptions developing other games instead of improving RS. If you're reading one of my posts and I even allude to Dungeoneering as a "skill" instead of minigame, keep that in mind.[/size]

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Ugh. I WISH they would just OUTLINE their plans already. They've made a step in the right direction with that list, but that doesn't tell me enough about what EXACTLY I'm voting for that becomes a huge change to Runescape. Good or Bad.

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:44 pm

When I first starting playing RuneScape in 2004 there was a magical quality to the game: much of the games rules and mechanics was not decided or dictated by Jagex, but rather by the community as a whole. For example, W2's marketplace was organized into different sections (depending on what you wanted to buy or sell) in Fally park. Street prices were loose and fluid depending on supply and demand, not a faulty algorithm. There were rules of engagement for clan wars in the deep wildy. I used to hop on a lvl 3 character ("I Loot 4 Fun") and go pick up rune sets from the casualties. There were a lot more player-run businesses that used imbalanced trades between trusted people. I helped one player reach 99 RC by taking her ess and selling it to the store in Karamja so her runners could buy it back. When I started this character an old friend helped me out with 5M, pots, and an obby cape.

The absence of restrictions allowed the community to engage with each other in new and organic ways that Jagex would have never come up with on their own.

While it isn't guaranteed that my nostalgic warm-and-fuzzies will return if free trade is re-instated, it is worth it to try.

Vote for warm-and-fuzzies. Vote yes.

pi_stoff

Post by pi_stoff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Don't forget the warm and fuzzy armour trimming, watching an evil chicken attack a player hopeing he would die and you could get his stuff, willing people dead at barrows so you could get their stuff, as it is people will rarely walk past a grave and not bless it if they have the ability.

Rose coloured spactacles I think.

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 pm

On that note tamal. Maybe runecrafting won't be as unbearable to train with the return of free trade. Perhaps the ZMI will no longer have a use.