What's the best Dung Ring?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

What's the best Dung Ring?

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Ummm, What's the best Dung Ring?

I am going to spend some time in Dung (I just love saying that), and I want to know from some of my professional Dung clanmates what I should do about the ring. Is the benefit of upgrading the ring noticeable?

Thanks all!

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Re: What's the best Dung Ring?

Post by TrixStar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Zerker

Desprado

Darth Kaz2
Inactive

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks...anyone else have any suggestons?

I have always been of the opinion that in most RPG games, accuracy was more useful than strength. Does this apply to the Dung classes?

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 am

Depends on your playstyle too.

For me, I'm usually keying. So I have a lot more use for a tank ring. The reduced damage goes a long way in conserving food for myself and my team.
I like the sniper ring (increased max hit chance in long range), and blaster ring (chance to bind opponents with spells), for certain bosses. But these don't see a lot of use because they take a bit of preparation to use them on very few bosses. We're also a bit more casual when we go dungeoneering.

You mentioned "professional Dunge clanmates", though, so trix's suggestions would probably be best for speedy clears and maximizing xp/hr. Zerker class will let you easily hit 600+ at decent tier with a strong weapon, which makes things faster in itself. I've never used desperado, so I can't say much about it.

The accuracy vs strength argument does apply, but most monsters seem to be weak to a certain attack style, and once you've figured it out, you rarely hit 0's on them. So hitting harder becomes the best route.

Hope that helped some.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:12 am

I pilled loads on berz like Trix told me to do (yes, if he told me to jump off a bridge I would) and it payed off, I'm the one hitting 400's in a team.

Since then, I have put points on the accurate style as well because i want the xp to go towards attack.

Trust Trix, he is the KoA god of the Dunny!

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:43 pm

I really dont see a change, because your changing attack styles Constantly In the dung it self.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

I use the berserker class (T8) with a Prom. 2h as my main weapon.

Also I have Blazer (T7, increased magical damage) as my quickswitch class since I bound the celestial surgebox as my ammo.

For other unique situations I upgraded the Blaster class (T7) for maging the melee'r in skele trio, and keen-eye (T7) for necrolord.

The "best dg ring" is the berserker/desperado combo though, as it allows for the most dps and little preparation time for bosses. As for noticing the difference, its as noticeable as constantly being potted to ~117 strength (at Tier 8 berserker).
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Dave wrote:...it allows for the most dps...
dps? damage per second?

Where would we be without acronyms? :P
morituri te salutant

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Dr Brad wrote:
Dave wrote:...it allows for the most dps...
dps? damage per second?

Where would we be without acronyms? :P
Hehehe, yes where would we be. (And I did mean damage per second.)

Darth Kaz2
Inactive

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks guys...this has been extremely helpful. :)

Bass
RSN: Bassjason1

Post by Bass » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:35 pm

Personally, I play more of a support role than GD-killer. I work a Gatherer T8 and make armour when I get a chance. Even if people say "don't skill," they don't ever complain that they're running around in full gorgonite whilst following the keyer. I've settled for the fact that no matter the keyer, in world 117 or 148 you're going to be there for 40-60 minutes regardless, so why not make sure those count?

Usually I do that and then switch to a combat class when everyone's good. It also helps loads for Thunderous prep.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah, Bass...I always do some mining and smithing too, and so I currently have a couple points into Gatherer. It's just an easy way to help a group, particularly if there are any slightly lower level players.

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 pm

i play the support with gatherer as well. most of the time if im lacking in levels to smith ill just make an artisan pot to back me up.
so gorgonite gear, melee pots, rejuv pots, food ill do whatever i can to get them ready for the team

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Bass wrote:I've settled for the fact that no matter the keyer, in world 117 or 148 you're going to be there for 40-60 minutes regardless, so why not make sure those count?
That is because in 117/148 pretty much every team you find is terrible. I've stopped going there and only dg with friends. With some friends we go casually and we do take 60 minutes, but with others we rush and take ~30 mins/floor. And sometimes we do floor 20-30 larges which take 15-20 minutes.

In the first style of team we make armor/skill. In the second style of team we have one person collect a few logs, a few ores (for bloodragers), another person collects all herb drops, another all gp drops (for altar if needed and food), and we all listen to the keyer right away (plus we're on teamspeak so that speeds it up).

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that gathering excessively (making full armor) slows down a good, quick rushing team.