Just looking for some friendly advice

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

AirJordan
Inactive
RSN: Dcu Zezima

Re: Just looking for some friendly advice

Post by AirJordan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Like a lot of people here have said, it's good to mix combat training with slayer, killing high level monsters, etc. However, if you absolutely have to train combat ASAP, I would recommend training bandits south of bebadin camp. Because they always attack you as long as you have a Sara or Zammy item on, you really don't have to go through all the tedious clicking.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 pm

I did defense first to get it over as I felt it was the slowest. The axe hut and the pirate house in the wild were the fastest places to train back then so I just camped there.

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Post by beefeater555 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Here is how it was explained to me. This is if you want to max out the fastest. I took all mine to up 10 levels at a time.
First, do attack since it determines how often you will hit., because hitting more often equals faster experience.
Second, do strength because it determines how high your hits will be. You are already hitting as often as possible so now work on getting bigger hits.
Last, do defense because it has no effect on your rate of getting experience. Since you are now max'ed at how often you will hit and how high you will hit, you will now get max experience at the fastest possible rate.

Auntpol
Inactive
RSN: Auntpol

Post by Auntpol » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 pm

What are combat skills again? Just kidding...I keep these even, str, att and def. I forget about magic and range, those two are way behind the others! But don't ask me I'm pure noob all the way!!!

gk willie
Inactive
RSN: gk willie

Post by gk willie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:03 am

These have been some great tips for all of you. I've been convinced to go after attack next. That makes the most sense. I'll be trying all the training spots you guys mentioned too. Thanks for all the tips.

slashdojo
Inactive
RSN: slashdojo

Post by slashdojo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:50 pm

I got my str, attk, and def to 92, then concentrated on str till 99. followed by attk. Def will make it there eventually. It's really a matter of personal preference.