The Mighty Fall quest - I'm getting nowhere with Yelps

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lord Aelfgar
RSN: Lord_Aelfgar

The Mighty Fall quest - I'm getting nowhere with Yelps

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Can anyone suggest a good setup to fight Yelps and the other bosses in this quest. I can't seem to deal with Yelps at all and end up dying before he's even at half health. I attack his helpers first and killing them takes agesm, so I've little left to deal with Yelps. What is the best set-up to deal with him?

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Re: The Mighty Fall quest - I'm getting nowhere with Yelps

Post by syfyqueen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:23 pm

I haven't done the quest yet so I have no clue as to what armor, weapons to use, soz. However, according to the guide I printed out it says to kill the bodyguards 1st then go after Yelps.

This is what the guide says:

Yelps starts with 2 bodyguards, which should be killed off normally. Yelps will start spinning after a vocal prompt, of the infamous "extra spin for the win!" This does rapid damage between 100-700 lps in a small area around Yelps, who will teleport around the small arena. Avoid it if possible (an animation of exploding coins will appear in the area that Yelps will teleport shortly before he does it, so if spotted, it should be avoided), and focus on the bodyguards. Once they've been defeated, Yelps can be attacked normally, and will be extremely susceptible to damage. At random times, he will spawn another bodyguard, making attacks against Yelps extremely ineffective until the bodyguard has been defeated. Continue to kill the bodyguards and attack Yelps until you defeat him.

I hope you kick his ass! \M/
ImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Kill the other goblins before attacking Yelps and stay away from him when he does his special attack. Use SS if you can.

During the battle against Lol dodge the rocks falling from the sky and when all the fallen rocks are about to explode run away from them.
You cannot wear armour during this fight...

During the battle against Graardor stay near the edge of the platform and eat ( you have to keep your LP up!) when his attacks hits you otherwise he'll destroy you in a couple of seconds. You cannot pray against him and you have to use the weapon given to you during the quest but you can choose how to dress ( I used the best I have).
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Did you manager to kill it, Lord?
ImageImage

Lord Aelfgar

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Fluff wrote:Did you manager to kill it, Lord?
Not yet. I must be going in with the wrong setup.

Any advice on what setup to go in with would be much appreciated.

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Lord Aelfgar wrote:
Fluff wrote:Did you manager to kill it, Lord?
Not yet. I must be going in with the wrong setup.

Any advice on what setup to go in with would be much appreciated.
I used my best mele gear with drygores and boosted combat with pots. Used plenty of prayer (using soulsplit & turmoil - altho I'm not sure how effective the 2nd one was).
I always wear vampirism aura.
I took a teleport tab which came in handy when I nearly died the first try.
Just take lots of good food just in case those spins get you and watch out for the coins (I think they indicate where Yelps is moving to next). I took my time just killing his helpers then whittling Yelps down when there was a moment inbetween his helpers reappearing. His attacks do less damage as the fight progresses.

I use this vid... (the guys accent is awesome lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLRj_YdVwk4

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:36 pm

I did it with melee, but I'd assume it'd be easier with magic/ranged because you won't be right next to him when he starts his spinning moves, also you can use more binds and the basics that hit multiple targets for taking out his minions.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Lord Aelfgar

Post by Lord Aelfgar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:28 pm

I managed to defeat Yelps wearing ganodermic armour and a Sara sword, and then defeated the next boss LOL fairly easily, but I can't seem to get anywhere with Graardor. Any advice on him would be much appreciated.