Loyalty Points

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Loyalty Points

Post by jc_hammy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Wanted to get some thoughts on another issue. I received an email in the last couple days telling me that I have received a bunch more loyalty points. I think I have somewhere in the vicinity of 250K. I have no idea what to do with them. I have heard folks talking about auras in cc but I have only had the festive aura that they gave everyone last year around Christmas time I think. What can I do with these points and the better question is where? I feel like such a noob sometimes.

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Re: Loyalty Points

Post by Jax » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 pm

You can spend those points in the market square in Varrock (Xuan is the person to talk or trade). If you don't have any clue what type of aura to buy then Jack of trades (free and easy daily XP) and Greenfingers (Prevents crops from becoming diseased and provides a increased crop yields) are good choices. If you want something for combat you may try Vampyrism ( regain life points equal to 5% of any damage you deal). I hope this helps you :|

NB! you need to buy all the tires to get the supreme ones
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Definately what Devilnion said, get jack of trades #1 for free xp daily. Then you can adjust which ones to get according to what you need. The skilling ones are all useful but greenfingers can be used to increase money made from herbs by a lot, which is why its usually suggested.
For combat Vampyrism is very good, I would also suggest pennance, which restores prayer based on how much you are hit for, although pennance can be put off as a more late game item.
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:21 pm

You might want to hold onto your loyalty points for awhile longer. A Behind The Scenes article on RS Homepage says Xuan's Loyalty Store is going to merge with Solomon's Store. After the merge we can use our loyalty points at Solomon's and runecoins at Xuan's! :D

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/be ... ugust-2013

However, there are some useful auras like Imp and Dev mentioned, too.
Spend a little, save a little? Hmmmm, decisions, decisions, lol... :-?
ImageImage

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:43 pm

syfyqueen wrote:You might want to hold onto your loyalty points for awhile longer. A Behind The Scenes article on RS Homepage says Xuan's Loyalty Store is going to merge with Solomon's Store. After the merge we can use our loyalty points at Solomon's and runecoins at Xuan's! :D

That's one way to look at it but currently the only useful non-cosmetical items on Solomon's Store in my opinion are the "Bank Space Boosters"

And ... "You'll also be able to treat yourself to a selection of Loyalty Store items with Runecoins, if you wish, although auras and higher-tier Loyalty Store cosmetics will remain exclusively as loyalty point items"
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Imp334
Inactive

Post by Imp334 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:43 am

Devilnion wrote:
syfyqueen wrote:You might want to hold onto your loyalty points for awhile longer. A Behind The Scenes article on RS Homepage says Xuan's Loyalty Store is going to merge with Solomon's Store. After the merge we can use our loyalty points at Solomon's and runecoins at Xuan's! :D

That's one way to look at it but currently the only useful non-cosmetical items on Solomon's Store in my opinion are the "Bank Space Boosters"

And ... "You'll also be able to treat yourself to a selection of Loyalty Store items with Runecoins, if you wish, although auras and higher-tier Loyalty Store cosmetics will remain exclusively as loyalty point items"
Agreed, but like syfy said, perhaps it would be worthwhile to save up some loyalty points for the bank boosters. Although we have no idea how much they'll cost in loyalty points.

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:32 am

Other than the one Devilion suggested i can only think of one more useful one and that is the prayer aura (cant remember the name) is particularly useful for combat and especially bosses

~Viz
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Post by jc_hammy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks everyone. I picked up Vampyrism, the 2nd tier of Greenfingers, and Pennance. I saw the one your were talking about Viz. I will check it out again soon. You get a bigger boost from prayer pots, right?

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 pm

jc_hammy wrote:Thanks everyone. I picked up Vampyrism, the 2nd tier of Greenfingers, and Pennance. I saw the one your were talking about Viz. I will check it out again soon. You get a bigger boost from prayer pots, right?

No it is like soulsplit but for your prayer point instead of lifepoints. So every hit you make with the aura on you will gain 5% of that damage as prayer points so in the long run you pot a lot less
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

Imp334
Inactive

Post by Imp334 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Viz wrote:
jc_hammy wrote:Thanks everyone. I picked up Vampyrism, the 2nd tier of Greenfingers, and Pennance. I saw the one your were talking about Viz. I will check it out again soon. You get a bigger boost from prayer pots, right?

No it is like soulsplit but for your prayer point instead of lifepoints. So every hit you make with the aura on you will gain 5% of that damage as prayer points so in the long run you pot a lot less
Are you thinking of Pennance, which restores prayer based on the damage you take?

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Re: Loyalty Points - UPDATE INFO

Post by syfyqueen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 pm

UPDATE INFO: A new article about the merge is on RS homepage today. Doesn't say much other than the Loyalty Shop will close for a week starting on August 19th so they can revamp/merge the two stores. :P

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/im ... re-details
ImageImage

Mannichester
RSN: Mannichester

Post by Mannichester » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 am

Ill wait a little longer for the new store, got 107.500 points at this moment. :)