Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Creepng Deth
RSN: Creepng Deth

Re: Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Post by Creepng Deth » Mon May 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Katy wrote:Well in all honesty for me its because most people are not interested...many won't say hello when you log in each day...so unlikely they would come to a cape party. When I maxed a handful of people came from the clan, so when I got comp cape I didn't ask in cc, I asked friends privately to come along if they were online and didn't really make a big deal of it (and totally messed up doing it also :D ) This wasn't because people weren't welcome but because I didn't to make a big deal with folks who are not really keen. I would pop along and help celebrate with anyone who wants to make a party of it if I was online and able <:-P

My opinion shouldn't carry much weight, but I'll give it anyway.

When I first joined KoA almost a year ago it was initially very social. As the months have passed, I've realized there is a core group that is very close, and it seems the rest of us are "outsiders". I used to say hello, respond to those same hellos, etc, but after a while my greetings were pretty much ignored. Questions are almost ALWAYS ignored. I'm ok with that, and can find my own answers. I still find some value in being in the clan so I have not left. But the closeness in the clan only extends so far. I'll still answer questions when no one else will(if I am sure of the answer), and occasionally say hello, but usually only when I see another member getting the ignore treatment that I have come to expect.

I definitely wouldn't risk feeling stupid by asking for support at a 99 party. If I had felt more a part of the clan continuously my feelings would likely have been different. After all, I hoped to find social game situations here.

I'm not complaining or belittling the accomplishment of creating a successful clan... just gonna point out something that many of you probably wouldn't publicly if you feel the same. I'm not trying to enter a debate or reach out for attention. I'm fine with the situation. But I'd suggest backing up if you want to spark interest in these types of support events. Maybe I'm the only one who feels as I do... but I'd be surprised. Seems the majority of people who post they are leaving let similar concerns force them away.

Back to the shadows for me. :-P
[center][sig]2013_04_thieve_1st.png[/sig][/center]
[center][sig]2012_11_slayer1.png[/sig][/center]
[center][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img22/7605/agilitydeth.gif[/img][/center]
[center][sig]2012_09_fish3.png[/sig][/center]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Creepng_Deth][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose ... g_Deth.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2013_Interclan_Creeping.png[/sig]

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Re: Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Post by blarny3 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:57 pm

I agree with Creeping Deth, things have changed, sometimes things change for the better and sometimes not, I have never had a 99 party because I do not think ppl would turn up, and because do not like to interrupt ppl.
ImageImage