Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 19, 2013 7:30 am

Hey folks!

We had a discussion in cc today about why don´t we do much 99 parties anymore.

Long time ago, when KoA was still young, we came together to celebrate 99-s , having fun together and cheer at each others accomplishments.
It was a really nice tradition and made feel like a family :D

Why has it changed?

Why don´t you invite people to your 99 ?
Do you think its a no big deal? or are you afraid noone would come?

Also, if you see someone invites clanmates to their 99.. Do you go? If not, then why?

Please discuss :D

Fothas
RSN: Fothas

Re: Why don´t we do 99 parties anymore?

Post by Fothas » Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 am

I guess for me it's because they don't feel like a big deal anymore. With massively increased exp rates all 99's feel devalued compared to when I started. This is why I wouldn't host one, but I'd still go to one because I know that other people still value the achievement. Will be having a comp cape party though! :D
[center]Runes before god dam f'in doors!
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Fothas][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose/0/Fothas.png[/img][/url]
[spoiler][sig]2014_01_slayer_1st.png[/sig][/spoiler][/center]

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: K aty

Post by Katy » Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am

Well in all honesty for me its because most people are not interested...many won't say hello when you log in each day...so unlikely they would come to a cape party. When I maxed a handful of people came from the clan, so when I got comp cape I didn't ask in cc, I asked friends privately to come along if they were online and didn't really make a big deal of it (and totally messed up doing it also :D ) This wasn't because people weren't welcome but because I didn't to make a big deal with folks who are not really keen. I would pop along and help celebrate with anyone who wants to make a party of it if I was online and able <:-P
Last edited by Katy on Sun May 19, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

“She who dies with the most shoes wins!

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 am

I don't find many of my 99's a big deal anymore. In fact, I didn't plan on a celebration for my last 3 capes. I only like celebrations for capes on skills that I really enjoy earning or that seem like a big deal for me to earn. That being said, I will probably only celebrate cape-ing Slayer and also when I cape att, str and def all at the same time. All will be invited when that time comes :)

As far going to a celebration when asked, I sure do go. I like enjoying the moment and sharing it with anyone who takes the time to invite.

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Sun May 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I :x a party!

I had the same question a while back http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... hilit=cape
ImageImage

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Personally i got bored of hosting parties, my first few 99's were big deals (especially as mining was my first 99 and in those days i was pretty rare to see untrimmed mining). I just found 99's easier the more i did and they became less of a big deal. Certain capes like cook (and i hope i dont offend andyone by saying this) have become de-valued just by the sheer numbers of people that have it. With several capes all you really do is throw money at it and dont really work for which is another reason i didnt hold *some* 99 parties
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Sun May 19, 2013 2:38 pm

I go to every 99 announced in cc and when friends pm me. I still think they are big accomplishments, even though xp is easier to come by now than in years past. It makes me sad when I go to one and only 4 or 5 show up. I remember when Adam and I got 99 dg and at least 40 showed up! That was a nice surprise! Silly as it sounds, when I got 99 smithing, I handed out purple afros to the more than 20 that came then we all paraded to get my cape! Good times! Unfortunately, 99 parties like those have faded away. :( I got 120 dg recently, announced it in cc and even posted on forums that I would be getting it and less than 10 were there, 2 of those being ex-KoA. I would love to see more enthusiasm and support shown for our fellow KoA clannies! \:D/
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks all for your responses!
sSnowAngel wrote: I would love to see more enthusiasm and support shown for our fellow KoA clannies! \:D/
I agree!

As it seems, all who have responded would come to a 99 party, even if they wouldnt host one themselves.

It is actually sad that even if many people would like to invite other clannies to their 99, they won´t do because they have had experience when only few people come.
For some a 99 is still a big deal ( I will definitely hold a 99 farming party because it has been a big effort for me ) :D

We need to show some more team spirit and support for clannies :D

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

It'll be interesting to se turnouts for 99's in the new skills, i can see big turnouts again
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I love going and seeing other people's accomplishments at 99 parties :)
I used to enjoy hosting leveling parties and drop parties and stuff like that but since the friends chat update and trade limits I kinda fell out of the habit.
I'd host my own 99 parties but I only have the one and its not even a skill maxing :(
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Thu May 23, 2013 10:33 pm

I love going to such parties too, if I happen to catch em.. Or if they are announced during my free hours :P

Seeing they are still loved, I'll be hosting mine too... Might take a while tho.. :lol:

*And as most, I think the parties have faded as people don't find the 99s special anymore... Above all; They don't want it to seem like they think their 99 is a big achievement. :P

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 pm

After my first three or so 99s they did not feel very unique or special so I no longer hosted any sort of party unless it was something special.

However, some 99s for other clannies are special and any special occasion demands a party!

Zaijal
Inactive
RSN: Zaijal

Post by Zaijal » Sat May 25, 2013 1:06 am

I see a lot of the same answers here but I may as well throw my own in there too.

The days I saw the most "99-parties" were most definitely the earlier days of playing RS, and honestly I think it's because of how easy it is to train most skills now. Back when I joined KoA in 2010, which wasn't even that long ago, even 99 Cooking demanded at least a modicum of respect at 220k/h (cooking shark). Now with the lowered value of the GP and the vast influx of cheaper and faster training methods, Cooking is now 800k/h with wines (which are much more commonly used now because of how easy it is to make gold). All the skills have been nerfed in a similar way. Runecrafting has gone from actually making runes at max 30k/h to ZMI which was more like 60k/h, to Runespan which is just a ridiculous travesty on the skill, and nets nearly 90k/h.

What I seem to see much more often since the Max Cape came out are maxing parties, which IMO show an amount of dedication and time that even by today's standards are impressive. This is why I think we don't see skillcape parties any more. I myself don't do anything more than announce the level-up in cc when I get a new 99. Many others do the same, and it's because the 99 has become nearly entirely devalued from what it was.

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Frobozz

Post by Frobozz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 am

I've always enjoyed 99 parties, and happily attend other clan member's parties when announced in the cc.

I haven't gained a 99 in a couple years, but that has more to do with my own eccentricities when training. I've hoarded up 14 98s at this point, and it's starting to cramp my playing style. I'm avoiding training many skills, particularly combat, because I don't want to take them over 99 yet. I'll likely be having a blowout party some time in the next couple months to level at least 12 of them to 99. I'll make a post when the skills are prepped.
Frobozz the Wizard
Because you have to burn. In order to shine.

Aeversme
Inactive
RSN: Ace Aardvark

Post by Aeversme » Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 am

I too don't feel like most of my 99s were worth celebrating much, unless they took a long time for me or were favorite skills. I have also had only 2 or 3 people show up to see me get a 99, so that kinda sucks.

In the spirit of announcing 99s though :P I will be getting 99 crafting at next Tuesday's citadel event. I haven't spent a single gp on crafting in a long time (at least a year), so it's been slow going, but I'm finally within one evening's loom work. If anyone wants to show up, I'll announce it in cc!