"Solo Dung" and EOC

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

"Solo Dung" and EOC

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm

With this week's release of "solo dung" and next week's EOC launch, I chose 10 items for my bind pool. With EOC, the combat triangle is accenuated and within melee some monsters are more vulnerable to either slash, crush, or stab.

At 112 dung, I can now wear/wield up to 4 items at a time. (120 dung can wear/wield up to 5 items.)

I already have 225 promethium arrows (p++) bound that don't count toward the 10 item pool or the 4 for wear/wield.

Therefore, I selected:

1 - Shadow silk hood
2 - Primal platebody
3 - Primal battleaxe - crush & slash
4 - Promethium spear (p++) - stab
5 - Gravecreeper longbow
6 - Tyrannoleather body
7 - Tyrannoleather chaps
8 - Empowered catalytic staff
9 - Spiritbloom robe top
10 - Spiritbloom robe bottom

Obviously, this is a temporary list that will upgrade as I obtain new items (T11) AND as Jagex releases new dung items with EOC. Mod Mark et al shared that dung will include weapon duel-wielding soon -- two weapons wielded at the same time.

Let the fun begin! :D
morituri te salutant

Milly
RSN: Milly

Re: "Solo Dung" and EOC

Post by Milly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:50 am

Do we have to remember what all the monsters are weak to? This is starting to feel like homework!

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 am

After my lil panic over finding myself nekkid in dung, I'm liking this new update. It's like someone just gave me a new credit card and said "go knock yaself out Fluff!"
ImageImage

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 am

Pretty nice update. I went to a C1 dg and bound the top and bottom piece of each combat type, and a weapon for each. Let's hope it helps in EoC

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 am

Will definitely help me as I've not the levels to make my own prom armour, so now I can be a little more self sufficient and of course, die less ;) :D
Image]

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Not really a great big fan of the new binding system, or at least the way the number of binds you can have works (but I suppose this is coming from a 120 standpoint, which would make it obvious why).

As for the 10 binds, I'm still debating this. I'm planning on going to the beta sometime within the next couple of days to try out a few weapons and see what I need exactly. But as of now, here are my current 10 binds and my loudouts:

1. Blood Necklace
2. Primal 2h sword
3. Hexhunter Bow
4. Primal Platebody
5. Celestial Robe Top
6. Celestial Robe Bottom
7. Sagittarian Chaps
8. Primal Platelegs
9. Shadow Silk Hood
10. Sagittarian Body

My loadouts at the moment (Keep in mind, the order you put your weapons in the loadout matters; the one that appears first in the list will be equipped automatically when you choose the loadout):

Loadout 1: Blood necklace, Primal 2h sword, Hexhunter Bow, Primal Platebody, Shadow Silk Hood
Loadout 2: Hexhunter Bow, Primal 2h sword, Sagittarian Chaps, Sagittarian Body, Shadow Silk Hood
Loadout 3: Primal 2h sword, Primal Platebody, Primal Platelegs, Blood Necklace, Hexhunter Bow

My logic for my binds at the moment:

The Primal 2h and Hexhunter Bow and Blood Necklace are pretty self-explanatory.

For the logic behind the hood, I'm keeping the shadow silk hood to see how it works in the beta. I'm going to swap around between loadouts 1 and 3 first to see if the hood is really necessary. With deflection prayers dealing only 50% protection against NPCs currently, I think the hood has more use than ever. However, I still feel that, like now, an armor bind will probably be more useful and helpful than a hood. I'm going to test this out though and see what happens. After I finish my testing and do a little research with some experienced DGers, I'm either going to keep the hood or break it, thus rendering either loadout 1 or 3 useless. If I end up destroying the hood, I will probably replace it with the blood necklace for loadout 2.

The Primal Platebody and platelegs are there for the melee and ranged defence. After testing with the hood I'll see what to do about the platelegs, although I really do like having them, it helps quite a bit actually.

As for the sagittarian body and chaps, it's just to give me a nice range bonus for my ranged loadout. Keep in mind I still keep a primal 2h sword in the ranged loadout. You always want to have two attack styles in your loadouts because you don't want to run into a GD at some point and have the completely wrong type of style to use to clear an entire room.

The celestial robe top and bottom... I don't have either in a loadout at the moment because I simply sort of don't see the point for me personally being 120. It'd be nice for mage I suppose, and if it's really necessary, I could edit my loadouts quickly in a floor and swap to a mage loadout, though I don't have any room for a staff at the moment, which is an issue too. I'm really considering destroying both of these and replacing them with something more useful. If I get rid of the shadow silk hood, I'll consider getting a Seeker's Charm to add to the ranged loadout (loadout 2). I'm also thinking of replacing them with other melee weapons if necessary, such as a primal spear. It's possible I could use the second open slot for a celestial catalytic staff as well, but just have no mage-boosting armor, which would be fine because I'd still be able to use the combat style. I'm under the assumption that most people are going to try to get mage gear, so I think I'll be fine with mainly just melee and range and I can buff those up and rely on other people to supply the mage gear.

It's definitely important to follow the combat triangle after EOC, but they've made it so you can use the incorrect style and still deal a decent amount of damage. I need to try this out a bit more as well, but I feel like with abilities and at least thresholds, you could probably take down monsters faster with the wrong style or type of weapon than you probably could in the live game now anyways. I'm still going to see if I can test out a Primal Spear and Primal Maul though (I advise against the Primal Battleaxe as the Berserker Ring only applies to two-handed weapons).

Just my two cents on what binds and loadouts to get.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: K aty

Post by Katy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Kevinsaurus wrote:

The.... Blood Necklace are pretty self-explanatory.

Not really...I am still not sure how to use a blood necklace....and u definitely know your stuff so please could you explain it to a dimbo? :D
Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

“She who dies with the most shoes wins!

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Currently in live Eoc gives offensive bonuses to every attack style, and drains 40 lifepoints from adjacent monsters- in the beta it provides a 5% critical chance, which increases your chance of maxing with abilities and drains I believe 300 lifepoints from adjacent monsters.
I'm still working out my minds but here's what I have so far.
1. Hexhunter Bow
2. Prom2h
3. Blood Necklace
4. Shadow Silk Hood
5. Empowered Catatylic staff- plan on getting celestial (or maybe an elemental staff when it comes out)
6. Primal plate
7. Celestial Robe Top
8. Tyrannoleather Top (planning on getting sagittarian)
9. Sagitarrian chaps.
10. Empty, reserved from primal spear.

P.S EDIT: Keep in mind, it hasn't been confirmed yet but there's been mention of ring of kinship refunds (which I hope to cause I got a lot of wasted tokens in my skiller rings lol) which means that you can feel free to switch from 2h weapons to one 1handed - hopefully with an off-hand weapon soon :)
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Katy wrote:
Kevinsaurus wrote:

The.... Blood Necklace are pretty self-explanatory.

Not really...I am still not sure how to use a blood necklace....and u definitely know your stuff so please could you explain it to a dimbo? :D
Currently in the live game, the blood necklace gives +11 in all melee styles for attack and defence bonuses, and +8 bonuses for ranged and magic in both attack and defence. It also has a hefty +11 strength bonus, making it an extremely powerful extra bind. In addition, it has a special ability that activates every 15 seconds which deals upwards of 40 damage (can be less if your combat level or constitution level is not very high) to every monster in a square adjacent to the player wearing the blood necklace so long as that monster is engaged in combat with any player in the dungeon at the time. In addition to dealing that amount of damage to every monster adjacent to the wearer, the player also gains life points equal to the amount of damage dealt. In the beta, it has the same effect, though I'm slightly unsure how the bonuses work; regardless it is still a very nice and powerful amulet. The special effect will be for 300 life points after EOC at the moment rather than 40.
Myles wrote:Keep in mind, it hasn't been confirmed yet but there's been mention of ring of kinship refunds (which I hope to cause I got a lot of wasted tokens in my skiller rings lol) which means that you can feel free to switch from 2h weapons to one 1handed - hopefully with an off-hand weapon soon :)
Definitely looking forward to seeing if this happens; it should since they're reworking exactly what the ring's capabilities and requirements are. It'd be nice to be refunded a few tokens from my gatherer's ring >.<. I suppose I'll just use berserker until dual wielding in dungeoneering comes out, and then it'll be interesting to see how effect dual primal rapiers turn out to be, or dual primal longswords (though I believe primal rapiers have higher dps than longswords as it's been tested before, although this will all somewhat heavily depend on monster weaknesses). Still not really seeing the use of a primal battleaxe even with dual wielding, but I'll wait and see I suppose.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 am

Kevinsaurus wrote:(I advise against the Primal Battleaxe as the Berserker Ring only applies to two-handed weapons).
Sorry, but I don't understand. The Berserker class "increases your strength level (invisibly) while attacking in aggressive mode." (Source: Jagex wiki) The Primal Battleaxe has two aggressive stances: hack and smash -- I'm not sure why you say the Berserker class only applies to 2h weapons.
morituri te salutant

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 am

In the beta the ring's abilities are changed, because you can no longer change your attack styles from attack to strength they've changed the rings. I entered dungeoneering after the beta and the ring abilities that I saw were different:
Melee
Tactician- 1 handed weapons are more accurate, Berserker - 2 handed weapons are more accurate.
Magic
Blaster Ring- Bind ability has now been removed(very disappointing).
Ranged
Sharpshooter- Increases accuracy, Desperado increases damage.
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:42 am

Thanks, Wizzy
morituri te salutant