slayer co-op

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Re: slayer co-op

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 am

Anorru wrote:Are any of the rewards worth it?
If you don't have full slayer helm, yeah. If you do, you have twice as many points to spend on xp.

benson300
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Bam Yoo

Post by benson300 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:48 am

I love slayer but I haven't had a chance to see what the update is all about. I don't mind soloing tasks as you can see with my xp!
ImageImage

Laggy Gurl
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Laggy Gurl

Post by Laggy Gurl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 am

Me, myself and I have not rushed to try this new method. Now that I have 197 gargoyles I might ask someone to help, lol. But good point that we will receive slayer points 2x as often.

dev
RSN: Hexables

Post by dev » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Many people are taking tasks from the lowest slayer masters, doing them in ~5 minutes, and then getting another. It's fairly easy to get that 100 points if you want it and have a friend who wants it too.
ImageImage

RhondaLGilly
RSN: TheTrueGilly

Post by RhondaLGilly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 am

Anorru wrote:Are any of the rewards worth it?

only if you are a collector.

but fluff and i tried things out and found its quicker to get your points using a lower (noobier) master such as the one in edgy or cannifs than the ones in ancient caverns or shilo. you only get 1 point per task done, but you still get your points for number of tasks done, as long as you dont use the noobiest of masters.

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 am

From what I have perceived it's also best to do your high pt rewarding tasks, 10th/50th, by yourself to greedily gain all the bonus slayer pts for yourself.
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Social Slayer FAQs:
This sticky has been created in response to the most commonly asked questions regarding the most recent game update.

Whilst we continue to gather feedback, we will add any other frequently asked questions regarding this update to this thread - you may wish to check back every now and then.

Enjoy!

Updated: ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you both have to be with the same Slayer master?

Mod Ana: No, you don't have to be with the same Slayer master, but you must either be on the same task or ready to get a new task.

I have a task, but I'm unable to pair up.

Mod Ana: This is most likely because either you or the player you're trying to group with got the task before the update. Unfortunately, due to technical reasons, you and the player you're trying to invite will need to finish this task before you can start grouping up.

Do your "blocked tasks" stay in effect?

Mod Ana: In terms of blocked tasks, only the player who gets the task from a Slayer master while in the group has their blocked tasks accounted for. The other player runs the risk of getting something they have blocked. This is because if both players could block tasks, this would essentially be allowing people to group up to block double the number of tasks they can block on their own, which wouldn't be fair.

Do we still receive slayer points for completing a task?

Mod Ana: You still receive slayer points for completing a task provided you contributed to the task. If you killed half the monsters, you'll get half the slayer points. If you didn't do anything, you won't get any! Bonus points for your 10th or 50th tasks are not split and go directly to you.

Does the Shared Potion Effect work on all potions? E.g. Prayer pots, Overloads etc?

Mod Ana: Yes, it works on all potions. For certain potions, such as overloads, your partner will receive the full stat boost but for half the time. They also won't receive any damage that you inflict on yourself by drinking particular potions. This only applies in common Slayer areas, however.

Why did you limit it to co-op, and not, for example, groups of four?

Mod Ana: This is mainly because it's much easier to find one person to play with than three!

Why do you have to be wearing a Ring of Slaying to access the co-op options from it?

Mod Ana: You don't! If you right-click the ring in your inventory and choose the 'Rub' option, then choose 'Nowhere, give me Slayer options' you can access the co-op options from there. This is a bit of a long route but there are so many functions on the ring that it was really the only option if we wanted to put it on. Additionally, if you are near the player you want to invite, you can use the ring on them to invite them automatically.

Why are co-op points so low?

Mod Ana: You only get 1 co-op point per task because this is the one thing you can actually be boosted on (for example, if your partner kills 99/100 targets and you kill 1/100, provided you were in a group for that kill you'll get a co-op point). The prices of the rewards were balanced based on players getting 1 co-op point per task, too.

Are you able to add a counter to the reward screen which shows tasks done solo and tasks done duo?

Mod Ana: This isn't planned, but it is possible - it would only be able to count co-op tasks completed after the counter being added, though.

Is it likely that we will be seeing more rewards from Social Slayer?

Mod Ana: This is possible, however not planned for the immediate future.
Source: Quick find code: 15-16-988-63872112
morituri te salutant

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks Brad
ImageImage

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Anyone want to share their ovls with me? :D
Thanks for the jmod posts
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

big thugn
RSN: Dr Melic

Post by big thugn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 pm

the only time I would use this is on tasks I hate doing, which would be hard because other peoplle dont like doing them and id either have to wait of rsomeone else to get that task or still solo it. The bes slayer update would be getting rid of all the fighting bots through some sort of combt update.
PHD(Googleoligy)