Combat beta discussion

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Wolvin God

Re: Combat beta discussion

Post by WolvinGod » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Dual wielding is the way to go for corp now i hear.

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 pm

WolvinGod wrote:Dual wielding is the way to go for corp now i hear.
Corp is glitched atm tho, every hit drains your pray from max to 0, zammy spear still the best for it i reckon tho. 5K max hits

dev
RSN: Hexables

Post by dev » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 am

Did a couple dungeons tonight with My Dearest and another friend, went pretty well. A few Hexhunter-related things I noted:

1. Ramokee is painfully easy, but you need someone to help on the melee with water spells if you don't have them yourself.
2. Hexhunter owns in guardian doors because range has multi-target attacks.
3. My max hit for the night was 5k, on Warped Gulega.
4. The basic abilities were really good, I preferred them over the thresh/ult abilities.
ImageImage

SmokeBringer
RSN: SmokeBringer

Post by SmokeBringer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I was wondering if we could start a separate thread on how folks are setting up their action bars - there are so many options - I would like to know other clan members thinking on this is best set up?

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:04 am

SmokeBringer wrote:I was wondering if we could start a separate thread on how folks are setting up their action bars - there are so many options - I would like to know other clan members thinking on this is best set up?
I don't have time to post mine right now, but I'd like to give some advice regarding the action bar.

DO NOT FORGET TO USE IT! It takes ages to go through the lists to use specific abilities. Plan out a bar for when you're using magic, another for range, and I'm using 2 for melee. One for using a shield, and the other for dual wielding. My 5th action bar is used for dungeoneering, having the group teleport and such things on it, with 2 handed weapon abilities.

Another thing I'd recommend is to start using keybinding. This is using your keyboard to trigger abilties instead of clicking them with your mouse. using your mouse to click each individual skill is way to slow, and you won't be doing as much damage, or shielding, or anything nearly as fast. My personal keybindings are 5 basic abilties on keys 1-5, in order of highest cooldown to lowest. Q, W, and E are threshold abilties, and R, T are ultimates. I group attacks that benefit from each other such as stunning abilities, followed by an attack that does more damage if the target is stunned.

You don't have to do your keybinds that way, but the most important thing is to get used to using the action bar and clicking the skills with your keyboard as soon as possible. I understand it's a pain in the ass, and you'll be stubborn and not want to.You'll rationalize that just clicking them is faster, but I guarantee you that in a week of using keybinds you'll be AMAZED at how much better you are at things. I've been playing a few other games lately that use the action bar, and I was the same exact way, but trust me, it's worth the trouble.

Just my 2c.

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 am

Pretty much the only think I pay attention to is trying to put the ones that stun and the ones that do extra damage if opponent is stunned next to each other lol
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 am

Oobz wrote:I'm so jealous :((
COMBAT BETA:
If you're eligible for the beta, then you will have been informed already. If you've missed that, or don't have a full 12 months of consecutive membership don't worry – if you're a member, you will be able to access the beta worlds at weekends (Jagex 29th June)
ImageImage

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:16 am

Fluff wrote:
Oobz wrote:I'm so jealous :((
COMBAT BETA:
If you're eligible for the beta, then you will have been informed already. If you've missed that, or don't have a full 12 months of consecutive membership don't worry – if you're a member, you will be able to access the beta worlds at weekends (Jagex 29th June)
:(( :-? :) :D *tries to log into a beta world again*......:((
Image Image

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:01 am

It may be cool, fab and fun, BUT that's not why I play. I think it is over complicating the game far too much and the game will be ruined by trying to make it like 'other' games. Make it your own Jagex, don't copy others......................

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Why are the Elysian and Divine classed into tiers now when they are shields that all types of people could use within combat?

The elysian/divine and arcane all have the special ability of the divine in the main game. These abilities are currently not activating as they should, but this should be fixed in the next update.

They are classed because each class now has a shield that carries the divine ability. The spectral does not carry an ability but has the same defensive stats and is placed in the same tier as the bandos and armadyl shield.

Goodfight anyone with a spectral
(Must be logged in to runescape forums to view link)
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c ... 9,63838512
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape