Rude behavior

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Rude behavior

Post by syfyqueen » Sun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm

I don't know if this is the right place for this post but this is where I'm placing it. If it needs to be moved just let me know.

I recently joined this clan - the 1st few days were fabulous. I was excited and happy I had finally found an adult, no-drama clan. Now - I'm upset, hurt, and very angry. There have been several occassions when I assisted people, stopped what I was doing to find information to answer the question/complaints, gave that info to the person in cc just to be ignored or treated like I'm a noob who knows nothing. Also, I have asked questions about how to do something within the clan forums with absolutely no response......How are the new people supposed to understand how to do things here if people won't help us and, as far as I know, there are no forum posts informing new people how to do things we are unfamiliar with?
I know I'm not the only person to be treated like this. I now understand why so many people in this clan don't speak in cc. From now on, I will mind my own business and follow the clan requirements but I will not waste my time attempting to assist people just to be treated like dirt.

FYI: I have been getting the "strange rocks" EVERY WEEK without fail for over 2 years - I think I know just a tiny bit about what works and what doesn't work. When I passed that info to the 2 people who were complaining I was also looking at the guide I use just to be positive I gave them the most up-to-date correct info.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Re: Rude behavior

Post by Diplomatt » Sun May 20, 2012 5:21 pm

This isn't on.................................

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I would like to thank B F O A, sSnowAngel, and Diplomatt for taking the time to respond to this post and help me with this incident. It makes me feel great to know that in this clan people really do care and want to make things the best they can be for everyone! Thanks again for all of your help - :D

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Hey Syfy,

Sorry you felt that way. Though I´m glad to see you could talk with some of our people.
Please add me and don´t hesitate to pm if you need any information or help with something :)

dev
RSN: Hexables

Post by dev » Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 pm

I've noticed this too. I had never really had any problems in KoA, even with people I used to consider enemies (Joe, Brent, etc.). Within the last couple of weeks, though, I've ran into quite a few confrontational members who have really rubbed me the wrong way, either by taking a joke or an argument too far or just by being incredibly rude on purpose.

Syfy, if you ever need anything I'm here for you, cause I understand :)
ImageImage

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear a few members with problems at the moment. If you do feel things are said within clan chat or via pm that you feel uncomfortable with, please either talk to a member of staff, or PM staff/admin with screenshots of the conversation via forum pm.

We are here for each and everyone of you, and will do our best to resolve the situation approprietly.

Shorty

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 pm

I am deeply sorry you have experienced this in your short time here.

I do disagree that this is a common problem though, I know we are advertised as a no drama clan, but to be honest this is not true nowadays, it is a large clan with many members with differing opinions, this in itself can cause drama.

That said Koa is the least dramatic of any other clans. I would hope this was a misunderstanding in cc rather than intentional, but I do know from personal experience people can be intentionally malicious and judgemental, and this is true in all walks of life, I truly believe it was an error in cc.

CC can cause many misunderstandings and also can highlight when people are being cruel and nasty, I hope you have had a chance to talk to the person or person(s) involved personally, it is the only way not to be misunderstood. As a former admin of this clan I am glad to be part of Koa but not immune to judgemental and nasty people, after all we are all human.

Koa is simply put just like life and it has its ups and downs, thankfully more ups than downs xxx
ImageImage

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Mon May 21, 2012 1:00 am

There are people in this clan that are specifically here to help & explain things to our newer members. I am one of them :( I am sorry you experienced something I couldn't assist you with but these kind of issues are not best suited for threads (which is why you probably couldn't find one, lol) as they can become quite long & confusing when it comes to new member questions and us replying with specific individual responses. Have you checked your forum PM box?

All new members are sent private forum messages detailing the information you are having trouble finding. If you have anything you need help with please do not hesitate to click the "pm" box under my name or any of my (or any other staff members) posts. My personal cellphone alerts me when someone messages me in this manner & I will attempt to respond as soon as possible.

I hope your future with us (KoA) is a long & happy one. We do value you & your opinions, and are happy to have you here with us. :)

Sincerely-DD

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Post by Blackxp » Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 am

I just think the cc is quiet sometimes. I say things all the time and people don't respond haha. Then again I probably wouldn't respond to half of the things I say anyways :P But for the most part everyone is very responsive :D

I suppose
"Anyone else like to draw mustaches on Victoria Secret catalogs while they eat cereal in the morning?"
Doesn't merit much of a response anyways XD

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 am

I only speak when spoken too, I find speaking ones opinion causes problems :) I'm not on that much these days though.

Machae
RSN: Machae

Post by Machae » Mon May 21, 2012 8:43 am

Really sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience - hopefully you just caught one or two people on an off day.
I have only been here a short time myself, but I would have to agree with Debs. From what I have seen, incidents like this are very few and far between. That does not excuse this though and I am sure that the community as a whole will do everything we can to make your time here a better one.

For my part, I tend to be quite quiet in CC, but if I am on-line then my PM will be on. Please feel free to drop me a line if you have anything that you think I may be able to help with or even if you just want a chat.

Finally, please don't keep yourself to yourself. I may not post much in CC but I am always reading it.
I have been playing this for quite a while now but I am still learning all the time and find many a little snippit in CC invaluable. It is also great to keep up with what people are doing both irl and in RS land.

16sweetangel
RSN: 16sweetangel

Post by 16sweetangel » Mon May 21, 2012 4:05 pm

well im sorry if you feel this way and i hope it all gets straighten away for you... all i have to say is that if i need to know something i ask in cc .. i never post on forums. and thats because im not a forum person..i to ask questions and dont get a answer right away but i just take it as either they dont know atm or they are busy and missed the question.. so i just look on tip it...as for the rocks .. i think rocks come diff for everyone and there isnt a guide really for this.. wat works for one person dont work for another.. so u just have to try out diff ways to get them..i have been here for like 7 months and its been really great... some topics in cc get heated at times . but just have to remember everyone has their own ideas about it.... so take it with a grain of salt...

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Feel free to add me in RS, I keep my private on most of the time. If you have any question RS or non-rs related I'll do my best to answer it. Or compose a PM on these forums to me, I check it daily and feel competent with forums.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Sloggish
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Sloggish

Post by Sloggish » Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

I rarely have anything intelligent to say- not that that stops me. Sometimes dumb or immature things are said- mostly by me or brad- just kidding it's me. I find others very helpful- but sometimes i'm quiet maybe doing something intense like dying or just on off quick. Sorry for your exp- hope we all see a reminder to be polite and helpful in this. TY