KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Woohoo Logspan!

Post by magerpainz » Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Game Updates
Bonfires

23 hours ago

RuneScape's aglow this week as we introduce bonfires: a simple way to train your Firemaking skill, and perhaps make a few new friends while you're at it.

You can now add to any fire that you or another player has created, using logs from your inventory. Not only does this mean that you no longer need to leave long lines of fires outside the bank, but you'll benefit in a range of other ways that are sure to leave you feeling toasty warm:

Quicker and Easier Firemaking: Once you've begun the ‘add to' action, you'll continue to add logs to that fire automatically until the fire burns out or your inventory of logs runs empty. You can use any logs that you can normally light, and it doesn't matter what sort of logs were used to start the fire. Fires made with higher level logs do last longer, though, so see if you can find a fire made with high-level logs. Fires are now coloured differently, depending on the log type used, and a right-click examine will tell you which is which, so it's easy to tell them apart.

Gather Round for an XP Boost: Adding logs to a fire that others are already adding to earns a percentage bonus to Firemaking XP for all involved. This increases per person contributing, up to a maximum of 4% for 5 or more players. Not only is it better XP for everyone to gather round the same fire, but quicker and easier Firemaking means that it's a great way to relax and chat with your fellow firemakers.

Attain a Hearty Glow: Contribute at least 5 logs to one fire in succession, and you'll earn a temporary boost to your maximum life points; up to 10%, depending on your Firemaking level. This lasts longer depending on the type of logs you contributed; up to 60 minutes for magic or blisterwood logs. The effect stacks with other life point boosts, such as those from Saradomin brews.

Roasting on an Open Fire: Any cooking performed on player-made fires – either someone else's or your own – will earn a 10% bonus to Cooking XP earned.

Free Fire Spirits: While adding logs to a bonfire, you may occasionally see a fire spirit emerge. They'll be grateful to be freed from the constraints of log-based living, so click on these spirits when you see them to earn a reward, such as coins, runes, noted ore or a gnomish firelighter.

Summoning familiars that grant bonuses related to Firemaking will have no effect with regards to bonfires. Bonuses from the ring of fire, flame gloves, Dwarven Army Axe, the Barbarian Assault penance horn and the clan ring all apply, though.

Have fun!
Mod Ana
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Re: Woohoo Logspan!

Post by Blackxp » Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 am

I kinda like the concept, but yeah seems like everything is getting easier over the years.

Interesting how they tried to tie some combat to it though. life point boosts seem nice although i wish you didn't have to add logs to the fire. Should be something where you can walk up to a fire being used and "warm soul" or something on it. Gotta wait for a while but it will boost your life points a bit. Would be nice if you could construct a fire and add perhaps 5-10 logs to it and have the ability to sit by it for some very very elevated lifepoint regeneration.

Just interesting ideas that might not fit into the runescape world, but i kinda like. We have slowly been moving away from relying completely on food as a healing source in the game. Perhaps this is another step away from it?

Also the random event thing is super common and gives tons of charms! love it!

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 am

Blackxp wrote: Should be something where you can walk up to a fire being used and "warm soul" or something on it. Gotta wait for a while but it will boost your life points a bit.
They have that in the game Tera Online which has you do what you said here and gives you a maximum boost of 20%, but other effects can be used to increase this further.

I like this update, would be great to use for dungeons, bossing, and slayer. Now a reason for people to burn the best logs they can.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Stackable logs and we're good to go. And wait, aren't logs already in a stack? **** logic. :D
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Fri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

These skills to me always been lame. Fire making. I mean Come on whats the point. As You can see by the update Jagex Knows this as well, It Is IMO that when a skill like FM Falls off. then jagex makes it A little easier to train.
Look at RC How many ways Have Players to train this skill. Just to Keep you intrested. Jagex should Just left the skill alone. in the first place. When RC first started you could make decent Xp. and it wasnt that hard.

IMO another Jagex failure

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm

10% cooking bonus....would have saved me millions, LOL. GF

rach 72
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: missi rach