FPS issue update

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: FPS issue update

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I´m playing on the browser again.. no crashes so far.. better than RS client. Have you tried them both, Serame?

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I found the client very laggy and it kept kicking me aswell Kal.............Chrome all the way for me now!

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Post by serame » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Thank you, Kal...I don't see much difference between the client and the browser.
I think I just have to wait now for the jagex fix...I have upgraded our internet service, new modem/router, cleaned up the system, dowloaded Lindon's gamebooster, and it just keeps getting worse.

I'm learning how to work around it, tho...when and where to click even though the screen isn't showing me what's really going on...afk skills work best, like fishing. :)

I got a nice response to my bug report from Mod Krumm, explaining how to do some kind of a java fix to the amount of RAM it uses...helped a little i think, but not much.

Just waiting patiently. RS addiction can't be cured. :)

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Sorry to hear of your struggle, Serame.
morituri te salutant

Quin
RSN: Quin

Post by Quin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:06 am

You're not alone :p

The bot busting update killed me. Then it got good again, pretty much back to normal, not completely though. Then, with the burthorpe update I crashed to 2fps on high detail.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

OpenGL mode now stutters a lot less for me with texture on and bloom of - which is a new thing. Can anyone confirm?
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Opening the clan interface (screen to tele around the citadel) used to drop my fps to < 5 for some unknown reason. Now it only drops it to 20 :)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

0ZZ-MAN
RSN: X OZZ X

Post by 0ZZ-MAN » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Could any explain to me how to check my fps plz for the most part i dont have too much lag i would still like to know what my fps runs at Tyvm Bill

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 pm

See http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... &hilit=fps
Deep_Pain wrote:press the key which is below escape & left of the number 1 on your keyboard. Usually the Tilde key.

and then type
displayfps
press enter/return then press tilde again to close the console.

Tilde is actually this symbol

Code: Select all

~
which is in different places depending on your national keyboard layout, but as far as I know you can only open your console with the key left of number one, regardless of what is on that key or where your tilde key actually is.

eg mine has

Code: Select all

¬
on it.
morituri te salutant

0ZZ-MAN
RSN: X OZZ X

Post by 0ZZ-MAN » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 pm

TYVM DR Brad i was able to get my fps frm 6-7 to 20-22 switching to direct x mode :) Bill

Quin
RSN: Quin

Post by Quin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Mod Ollie said today on the forums that some fps updates will be arriving within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Quin wrote:Mod Ollie said today on the forums that some fps updates will be arriving within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.
:D

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Also from Mod Jacmob posted yesterday
Mod Jacmob wrote:Hey guys,

This issue is to do with the 'logic' part of the engine. This means that (despite there being an impact on 'FPS' as well as loading times) this is not a 'graphics' problem - i.e. your graphics card and level of graphics detail are unlikely to have much impact.

We have already made numerous changes over the past few weeks that have helped the majority of players, but this issue has affected some much more than others. The CPU time taken to process the game logic (for those of you still experiencing these issues) should be reduced significantly in the updates we are currently working on. We have no exact release date for these yet, but this is a priority and we will update you as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Mod Jacmob

Arengeir
RSN: Arengeir

Post by Arengeir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Oops, forgot to report back on my FPS. My FPS definitely improved on my new (sub-$500) PC, but it's still quite low compared to modern games, even with maxed out settings. It's generally playable (around 30 FPS), however some areas, like Edgeville, get very choppy when I enter them.

I haven't seen any improvements in FPS lately; if anything, it's gotten worse. But I'm glad to see they're making progress.