88 farming........woot?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

88 farming........woot?

Post by du lac46 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I reached level 88 in farming earlier this week. Farming levels are always a surprise to me because I don't pay any attention to farm xp. I never intended to farm, I only got into it to get herbs for herblore, planted a couple of trees, next I know, I am in the 80's. Funny because it is my highest non combat skill. Funnier still, I never purposely trained it! Guess it just grew on me lol.

When I think on it though, it is the one thing I do consistently. Each time I pass through Al Kharid, I pick my cactus spines. I have 4 coconut trees and together with the cactus sell off 100 spines and 200 coconuts a week. When I pass an alotment, I am picking the toadflax I buy for cheap and sell for quite a lot of money. This brings in at least 2 mil a week.

One day, after doing countless bank runs due to full inventory, I accidently right clicked on an herb and used it with the leprechaun and the most amazing thing happened - he noted all the herbs for me!
I have to say this was like splitting the atom for me, so I spent a half hour or so seeing what he would note. Clean herbs, dirty herbs, any produce, you can even run around the jungle picking pineapples and take them to the leprechaun, he notes them for you. He won't do weeds though.

IZZI
Inactive
RSN: o0 IZZI 0o

Re: 88 farming........woot?

Post by IZZI » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Congrats Du!! My daily routine includes a farm run and like you it suprises me how fast it levels with very little effort. Agian, congrats and keep up the "hard" work.

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

du lac46 wrote:Guess it just grew on me lol.
Boom boom *tssssk* :lol:

Leprechaun in Falador allotment won't note cabbages, not that at level 88 this would bother you. (Congrats by the way!)
Also, the leprechaun at herblore habitat will not note herbs.

But, the leprechauns will also note tree fruit and the like (not sure if you had found this one out)...

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Gratz du :)

I've been neglecting my farming a bit lately, u make me wanna go farming again :)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 pm

yeah the leprechaun noting items for you is really really helpful during a farm run since it makes it so much easier to do things. for example when i do my run to go from ardy port -> brimhaven for fruit patch, down to calqut, tele to trollheim for herb, and finally camerlot for 2nd fruit tree

thats items for paying farmers, seed, saplings, teleport runes and they takes up alot of space. and when u harvest u get 6 fruits each just from the fruit tree and calqut = 12 ill end up with no space. but that leprechaun is my best friend and make it into 2 spaces instead lol :D