Herblore Habitat completed

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Re: Herblore Habitat completed

Post by Hackymaster » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:43 am

Trix,
TrixStar wrote:This is a step by step guide to catch all 10 this week. Only read if you want it spoiled. If you'd like to do it yourself then by all means dont read the spoiler
This is based on an empty patch, but would also work if you already had things grown...

1) Common - Plant green flower
2) Carrion - Plant kalf bush, build bone
3) Disease - Plant banana tree
4) Cannibal - Build grass, use potion
5) Shadow - Plant red flower, build house
6) Aquatic - Build pond, plant apple tree, use potion
7) Camo - Plant lerg bush, build stones, use potion
8 ) Draconic - Build pit, use potion
9) Amphibious - Plant blue flower, build pond
10) Igneous - Build vent, plant orange tree

If you have not caught any jads before starting this, you will need to do the following:

Before step 1)
Talk to Papa and get your free flower seeds

Before step 2)
Box trap (with plants) common jads until you have at least 1 of each seed. You can buy the apple, orange and banana seed at the GE to speed things up.

Before step 4)
Box trap carrion jads until you have an erzille seed, plant it in the vine herb patch, and track diseased jads to collect some corrupt vines. When the herbs are grown, harvest and mix in juju vials to make juju hunter potions.
Would you mind posting a link to where you gathered this as well?

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:25 am

Hackymaster wrote:Trix,
TrixStar wrote:This is a step by step guide to catch all 10 this week. Only read if you want it spoiled. If you'd like to do it yourself then by all means dont read the spoiler
This is based on an empty patch, but would also work if you already had things grown...

1) Common - Plant green flower
2) Carrion - Plant kalf bush, build bone
3) Disease - Plant banana tree
4) Cannibal - Build grass, use potion
5) Shadow - Plant red flower, build house
6) Aquatic - Build pond, plant apple tree, use potion
7) Camo - Plant lerg bush, build stones, use potion
8 ) Draconic - Build pit, use potion
9) Amphibious - Plant blue flower, build pond
10) Igneous - Build vent, plant orange tree

If you have not caught any jads before starting this, you will need to do the following:

Before step 1)
Talk to Papa and get your free flower seeds

Before step 2)
Box trap (with plants) common jads until you have at least 1 of each seed. You can buy the apple, orange and banana seed at the GE to speed things up.

Before step 4)
Box trap carrion jads until you have an erzille seed, plant it in the vine herb patch, and track diseased jads to collect some corrupt vines. When the herbs are grown, harvest and mix in juju vials to make juju hunter potions.
Would you mind posting a link to where you gathered this as well?
Quick find code: 15-16-634-61937271 RS official forum. 4th post down I think

again spoilered in case people want to do it their own.
´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ¤
(¸.•´ (¸.•` "An Easy Way to Catch All god Jadinkos!

1) Plant any colour flower (Red, green, or blue)

2) Change the environment/habitat until you get a message saying that you have 2/4 of the requirements needed to catch either a Zamorak, Saradomin, or Guthix Jadinko.

3) Now, alternate your trees. Try banana, apple, and orange alternately. Keep changing until you get another message stating that you have 3/4 of the requirements needed to catch any 3 of the god jadinkos.

4) Now do the same for the bush, change between Lergberry bush, Kalferberry bush, or NO BUSH AT ALL!
Do this until you get the message saying you have attracted any 3 of the god jadinkos to the island.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Having no bush growing is a possible requirement, some Jadinkos can be fickle" - Mod Raven

Thank you Mod Raven, I almost gave up on my last Jadinko :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) After it says you've attracted a god jadinko, pour a dose of the JuJu hunter potion onto the flowers (Red, blue, or green)...and run over the abnormally large vine to catch each one of them.

6) Claim your masked reward ;) Hehe.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Word of advice. Don't place juju hunter pot on a wet vine blossom. Wait until it's dry. Otherwise, the water dilutes it so it doesn't work.

Likewise, don't add water to a vine blossom that has juju hunter pot on it. If yes, the hunter pot will be inactive until the blossom dries.
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:50 pm

When hunting the god jadinkos, I use a hunting familiar (wolpertinger), scentless pot, and zamorak pot. After adding the jojo hunter pot to vine blossom, each scentless and zammy pot lasts about 1/2 the time of the hunter pot. Therefore, I take 2 doses of scentless and zammy pots with me to small island after applying the hunting pot to the vine blossom.
morituri te salutant

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Herblore Habitat is serious business to Dr. Brad

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm

TrixStar wrote:Herblore Habitat is serious business to Dr. Brad
Yessir
morituri te salutant

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:48 pm

No habitat for me till i get like 100 extra bankspaces :P
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks Brad for new info!!

I´m an addict now!
I find the farming potion just awesome!!

For those who don´t know - it gives you 30 % chance of doubling your herb crop.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 pm

After drinking the farming pot, I had one seed that yielded *no* extra herbs from the plot. For another seed, I received 16 total herbs from the plot (6 of the herbs doubled while being picked). So, a wide range of effect can be seen.
morituri te salutant

Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Does someone know for sure when the weekly jadinko catching resets? I would assume Wednesday.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Hackymaster wrote:Does someone know for sure when the weekly jadinko catching resets? I would assume Wednesday.
Same time as the reset for circus and penguins.
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 pm

From today's update:
It is now possible to withdraw the Herblore Habitat witchdoctor gear from a POH costume room.

Lergberry bushes will no longer turn into kalferberry bushes by pruning. WHAT???!!!! LOL
morituri te salutant

Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 pm

For draconic jadinkos:

At level 85 Hunter I'm averaging 35k xp per 10 minutes using the Arctic Bear, which is 210k/hr. I expect using the scentless and zamorak potions along with the bear would get me around 45k per 10 minutes, or 270k/hr. So, at 99 Hunter using the Arctic Bear, scentless potion, and zammy potion, one should easily be able to get over 300k/hr.

I've hunted a couple hours using the striped vines to ward off the common jadinkos and a couple hours w/o warding off he commons. So far I seem to gain quite a bit more xp by not warding off the commons. It's better xp to catch both draconic and common instead of just draconic.

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Hackymaster wrote:For draconic jadinkos:

At level 85 Hunter I'm averaging 35k xp per 10 minutes using the Arctic Bear, which is 210k/hr. I expect using the scentless and zamorak potions along with the bear would get me around 45k per 10 minutes, or 270k/hr. So, at 99 Hunter using the Arctic Bear, scentless potion, and zammy potion, one should easily be able to get over 300k/hr.

I've hunted a couple hours using the striped vines to ward off the common jadinkos and a couple hours w/o warding off he commons. So far I seem to gain quite a bit more xp by not warding off the commons. It's better xp to catch both draconic and common instead of just draconic.
ty Hacky!
That´s very fast! I managed to get 83k exp per hour hunting common jads. I´m gonna try draconic ones too :)