weekly barbarian assault

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Heavenly SGS
Inactive
RSN: Heavenly SGS

Re: weekly barbarian assault

Post by Heavenly SGS » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:12 am

I would love to give BA a go, tried it once a couple years ago and totally sucked at it but I need one of those horn thingiemejigs for agility

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Post by beefeater555 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 pm

I looked for this thread yesterday and couldn't find it. Opened up the forums this morning and BAM! there it is, so sorry for the late post.

We got a late start since Stealing Creation went long, but that's a good thing (there were 22 people there, amazing). This weeks event went rather well. We had 3 non level players (translation "noobs" :lol: ). Devil Dan at Defender, man he picked it up quick. Godess Frigg at Collector, she never stopped picking the eggs up. And me (Beefeater) at Healer, OMG I thought Defender was hard, this position is way harder. We also had two veteran Attackers Geve and Logging In to kill everything post haste. I want to thank everyone for having great patience especially with my Healing skills, but no worries now because I am level 2 Healer so it should be better next time.

For anyone considering joining this event, do not hesitate because you have never done this before. Prior to a couple weeks ago, I had never played this game before. It is very easy to learn and we are very patient people. This week we had 3 who had never played before, most weeks there is at least one or two. Also, it is not required to join Mumble but boy does it make it easier to explain the game, to give pointer while playing and to give those all important reminders "I need a call, someone" to remind people to look at there displays. You do not necessarily have to have a mic and talk on Mumble, just being able to hear as we explain the game and ask for "calls" is quite beneficial. Mumble also has a "chat" where you can type in and it "talks" for you (text to speech) so you don't really to talk.

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

beefeater555 wrote: And me (Beefeater) at Healer, OMG I thought Defender was hard, this position is way harder.
Does this mean since all I've done is healer that everything else is easier?

and why did you make me be a healer then!

lol

sorry I missed this week was wiped out on Sunday

JamesW
Inactive
RSN: J Walter

Post by JamesW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Oh man, reading the going ons of Sunday makes me want to play BA now lol.

Anyway, I was busy with family events with Easter and what not so I couldn't make it. Hope to be there next week though :-)

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 am

Mabelrose2 wrote:
beefeater555 wrote: And me (Beefeater) at Healer, OMG I thought Defender was hard, this position is way harder.
Does this mean since all I've done is healer that everything else is easier?

and why did you make me be a healer then!

lol

sorry I missed this week was wiped out on Sunday
Defender is the hardest....imo