Helwyr Event - aka Twirl is pet hunting :p

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Helwyr Event - aka Twirl is pet hunting :p

Post by Twirlindana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Once again shamelessly copypasting from a previous event :p ...

Helwyr is waiting for us in the Southeastern area of The Heart.
To be able to go pay him a visit you need 80 magic and you need 40 kc or 20 if 50% reduction perk have been unlocked (4500 reputation with Seren Faction required).
The easiest ways to get there are using a Heart teleport (if you completed the miniquest "Tales of the God Wars") and teleporting to Nardah with a Desert amulet (2 or above) and running west from Nardah's bank.

Helwryr likes to bite and maul (he's kinda rabid), so it's better to use ranged or magic against him, but you can use melee too (I melee him all the time).
Even though he uses only melee, he has several special attacks: he uses a couple of bleeds (run away from him before being hit, use anticipation/debilitate/devotion before being hit or reflect/resonance if you're using a shield and use freedom if you've been hit), he seeks stepmother Nature's help with a green gas released by poisonous mushrooms (surge or escape - the gas does 250 dmg per tick and it stuns you) and he also gets a little help from his alpha friends.

The fight will follow this pattern: green gas - autoattacks - bleed attack - autoattacks - bleed attack (frenzy attack) - autoattacks - alpha friends - rinse and repeat!

As soon as Helwyr spawns prepare to surge or escape because he could make mushrooms grow under your feet.

Pray against melee or use SS and if you have it use vampyrism aura.

Here's a link to a guide to the boss:
https://runescape.wiki/w/Helwyr/Strategies
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: Helwyr Event - aka Twirl is pet hunting :p

Post by Lady in Ice » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:49 pm

I will be there most likely :)

Need to get the shield out of the dustpile.. wait... where is it

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Re: Helwyr Event - aka Twirl is pet hunting :p

Post by Twirlindana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Ty for coming to the event Lady in ice, Ilmondo and Mr Era😊
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage