Beastmaster Durzag Event – Sat, May 7, 7:30pm Game Time

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Event Team, Media, Liaison Team

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Beastmaster Durzag Event – Sat, May 7, 7:30pm Game Time

Post by Twirlindana » Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 pm

We're going to join Lady Kal and her clan in killing Durzag. For those who don't know or don't remember her, Lady Kal is a former member of our clan. :-)

We're talking about high lvl bossing here, so yeah death is a concrete possibility.
We are probably going to use Skype or TeamSpeak. I personally prefer Skype but it's not up to me to decide what will be used. :lol:
We will be using the Grouping System to form a raid group. The group will be made up by 10 players.

We are going to be dps, so no need (atm) to learn how to be tanks.

This is what I'll be wearing:
You can use mage instead of ranged, but not melee. This is a fight better fought from some distance. ;)
As you can see I am wearing high defence armour. That's because I am no pro.:-P
This is what my inv will look like:
Dreadnips are really important because they stun Durzag and his pets.
My yak will be full of rocktails.

My killcount at Durzag is only 2 so I haven't got a lot of experience, but this is what is going to happen in a nutshell once we enter the arena:

â–ªAt the beginning of the fight the arena will be flooded with airuts and chargers (for a total of 39 units). We'll need first to focus on airuts: pray against ranged during the fight, but if an airut attacks you with melee pray against melee. They hit hard and it's easy to get killed if you're not paying attention. If airuts aren't in sight attack charges, but remember airuts are our priority.

â–ªAt about 22 units left Cormes will appears on the western corner of the arena and a tank will handle it. Once all the airuts are gone we're going to kill Cormes and once Cormes is killed we will need to kill some more airuts and any chargers left.
Cormes is one of Durzag's pets and it uses ranged attacks.

â–ªAt 0 units left Durzag will appear on the northeastern corner of the arena with one of his pets (Tuz or Krar). Both Durzag and the pet will be handled by the tanks. Our priority will be to free the caged chargers along the corners of the arena and lure them to the southwestern corner where we will kill them as fast as we can. If you see a charger attacking one of the tanks kill it. We don't want our tanks to die!

â–ªOnce the charges are dead we will attack the pet and lower its lp to about 150k. At some point Durzag will call for the other pet and we will need to lower its lp to about 150k also. Pray against melee because Durzag could attack you instead of his tank, but keep an eye on the pets too, because they could also lose interest in their tanks and attack you, (Tuz uses magic and Krar uses ranged).

â–ªWhen the pets are at 150k lp each we will move to Durzag and lower his lp to 750k. Durzag throws bombs and caged chargers; we have to defuse the bombs by clicking on them and to kill the caged chargers. We also need to free any player that gets caged. Once Durzag is at 750k lp we will go back to the pets and kill them.

â–ªWhen the pets are both dead we will finally go back to Durzag and kill him. Pray against melee, dps like crazy, use those dreadnips (if you have them), pay attention to bombs and cages thrown at you!

Here is the link to a guide on the Beastmaster: http://runescape.wikia.com/Beastmaster_ ... Strategies

Here is a video for beginner dps:

And here is a picture showing what will go where during the fight:

It seems a lot to learn and remember, but it is simpler than what it appears and it's fun!

You can get to Mazcab from the World window on Tuska's back (teleport to Tuska through Wizard Chambers in Lumby Swamp or run west from the Bandit Camp lodestone towards the God's carcass). The arena (Pit of Trials) is north of the portal. There's a bank in front of it, so you can gear up there.
The Group System also gives you the ability to quick hop worlds and get to the group leader.
If you have completed the Love Story quest and have 1750 reputation with the goebies you can use an otot tablet (modified house tablet) to get to Otot. From Otot run east towards the arena.

You can kill Durzag and loot his body once every 2 days. If you participated in the raid but died during it, you will still be able to loot the body of Durzag if you hit him at least once (thanks Aeru! :) ). You can also claim your loot from Fetcher just outside the arena.

This is it so far. If I get more info I will add it to this post. Hope to see you at the event! :-)
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Aerumnous
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Aerumnous

Re: Beastmaster Durzag Event – Sat, May 7, 7:30pm Game Time

Post by Aerumnous » Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Woo! I'll probably be in a deep slumber unfortunately.

I'm sure a bunch of brave koalings will join you though!
Twirlindana wrote: You can kill Durzag and loot his body once every 2 days. If you participed in the raid you will be able to loot the body of Durzag even though you died. You can also claim your loot from Fetcher just outside the arena.
I'm pretty sure you need to tag Durzag (hit him once) to be able to loot.

Also one of the biggest causes of death I've noticed in first timers are the airuts.

Airuts are SUPER AIRUTS THEY HURT DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEM!!
ImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Tue May 03, 2016 10:25 pm

I haven't died yet so far, but I'll sure try to tag Durzag as soon as I can next time. My luck cannot last forever.:p
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Wolvin God

Post by WolvinGod » Wed May 04, 2016 1:46 am

I don't mind joining you guys.

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Wolvin God

Post by WolvinGod » Wed May 04, 2016 1:47 am

Aerumnous wrote:Woo! I'll probably be in a deep slumber unfortunately.

I'm sure a bunch of brave koalings will join you though!
Twirlindana wrote: You can kill Durzag and loot his body once every 2 days. If you participed in the raid you will be able to loot the body of Durzag even though you died. You can also claim your loot from Fetcher just outside the arena.
I'm pretty sure you need to tag Durzag (hit him once) to be able to loot.

Also one of the biggest causes of death I've noticed in first timers are the airuts.

Airuts are SUPER AIRUTS THEY HURT DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEM!!
the trick is to kill the melee ones before focusing on any others.

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 am

WolvinGod wrote:I don't mind joining you guys.
Woohoo! :D
ImageImageImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Thu May 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Update:

* I forgot to post this at the beginning: this is going to be an event for beginners!
* We're going to use Skype; those of you planning to come to the event should add Lady Kal on Skype, (she is the Estonian one).
ImageImageImageImage

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Sat May 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Ty for joining me Selene :)
ImageImageImageImage

Jimmy13
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: GenThyFool

Post by Jimmy13 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:14 pm

How did the event go?

Princess Selene
Inactive
RSN: Selene

Post by Princess Selene » Sun May 08, 2016 11:20 pm

It went well. I got to loot Durzag twice! We didn't wipe; that's always a good thing. No majorly good drops, but nothing to complain about either.
On to Yakamaru! :D

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Twirlindana » Mon May 09, 2016 7:33 am

I died :lol: but I was able to get my loot all the same.
ImageImageImageImage