SotC: Built Tick 5

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

SotC: Built Tick 5

Post by Tamal » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Welcome to the State of the Citadel, Build Tick 5, where I post our weekly progress building the best citadel resources can buy.

The Important Part
Cut at least 6,645 logs and mine 5,515 stone this week. Check the target goals in-game to see what needs to be worked on. Do not make charcoal in the kiln.

Last Week
We blasted our resource targets out of the water, great job everyone! We've built a T1 kiln and T1 furnace, and upgraded to a T2 Battlefield. The map has been changed to layout 4 at nighttime.

Upkeep required
Logs: 4145
Stone: 3515

Available building upgrades (selected)
Storehouse T3: 1600 logs, 800 stone, 300 bars*
Battlefield T3: 600 logs, 800 stone, 1200 bars
Woodcutter T3: 750 logs, 300 stone, 50 bars
Mine T3: 600 logs, 600 stone
Kiln T2: 400 logs, 550 stone
Furnace T2: 300 logs, 600 stone

*partial payment

Available customizations
Two empty combat hotspots, a bunch of other keep customizations (party room benches/tables, banners, doors, tapestries, sundials.) In general, I'm reluctant to waste resources on customizations until we can build the "Grand" options.

Resources
Most upgrades now require bars. We cannot mine ore yet so top priority is to upgrade to T3 Mine. Do not make charcoal in the kiln. It'll take up valuable timber resources and the charcoal will go to waste (we can't make bars and it doesn't store in the storehouse). Second, we want to get the Kiln and Furnace to T2 so we can upgrade the Citadel to T4. We can only upgrade two skill plots per tick so it's just the Mine and Furnace this time. Last we've got the Storehouse marked to be upgraded; it requires bars so we won't be able to complete it, but we can pay off the timber and stone this week. This leaves the total upkeep + upgrade resource requirement at 6645 logs and 5515 stone. We could also store 1.2k resources for next week at 10% (12k surplus). In-game targets have been set to reflect this.

Next Week
We'll have a T3 Mine and T2 Furnace. We will start cranking out bars (this'll take coordination on everyone's part). We will work towards a T2 Kiln and T3 Storehouse so we can upgrade to T4 Citadel and raise that resource cap. Switching to daytime, same layout.

How to read the resources screen
To access the resources screen, click the Citadel Interface button (where you'd normally bring up the map) and then click the view resources tab:

The different resources are listed, along with the quantity gathered. The red bar shows how much we need for upkeep, this is the most critical. Yellow is how much we need for the marked building upgrades, also critical for our progress. The green is the surplus that'll be put towards customizations or stored in the storehouse. The blue marker (not shown) is our primary target while the yellow markers are other targets. I set these targets to (usually) upkeep + upgrade + storehouse cap.

You can find a simplified version in your production tab:

ImageImageImage

Here we see that there is much more stone gathered than timber, so in this case you should concentrate your efforts on cutting roots. As more and more types of resources are gathered it'll be your responsibility to check these screens and determine where your efforts are needed.

Check out available options in the game guide: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/cla ... mbers_only

Rawstar
RSN: Rawstar

Re: SotC: Built Tick 5

Post by Rawstar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Doing a great job Tamal :)

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:18 pm

nicely done Tamal

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks, as always, Tamal
morituri te salutant

Calviniuster
RSN: Calviniuster

Post by Calviniuster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

Continuing to do a fantastic job! Thanks.

Tamal

Post by Tamal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 am

Updated post with some more resource monitoring tips.

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 am

Thanx for all the hard work, great job
Image]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks for the resource mentoring tips, Tamal. Funny. Until now, I never noticed the "/" in clan current and clan total field. Thanks for that! :)
morituri te salutant

Tamal

Post by Tamal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm

We haven't hit the upgrade requirement for timber, yet we have 4.6k surplus stone.

We need to work together and gather whatever is needed most.

I've adjusted the targets downward to cover upkeep and upgrade requirements only.

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Post by Xardnor » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:47 am

The Citadel is looking great, Tamal!

I'll go chop some timber... I haven't had much time to play the last couple days, and only got to max resources Sunday for the last tick. But I will try to get some timber in there soon so that we are closer to the upgrade goal. :)

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:03 am

Tamal wrote:We haven't hit the upgrade requirement for timber, yet we have 4.6k surplus stone.

We need to work together and gather whatever is needed most.

I've adjusted the targets downward to cover upkeep and upgrade requirements only.
Good thinking, start out with upkeep & upgrade only, then after that's met change the target to that + full storehouse.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Zaijal
Inactive
RSN: Zaijal

Post by Zaijal » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 pm

How are we doing on resources now? Last time I checked we needed like 5k more timber and 4k stone

Tamal

Post by Tamal » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 pm

The current goals are for maxing out the storehouse, which isn't a top priority (we can only save 10%); the critical stuff is all covered.

Note to self: communicate these "milestones" in this thread.