A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Re: A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Post by dunder » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Trying to determine who has an avatar and where they are seem to be more trouble than its worth. CC seems to go mute when asking where an avatar can be found. It is quite disappointing. :(

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 am

dunder wrote:Trying to determine who has an avatar and where they are seem to be more trouble than its worth. CC seems to go mute when asking where an avatar can be found. It is quite disappointing. :(
We are relying on all clannies to update frequently if they have an avatar out and the world they are on and their location. Not sure if you are aware, but there is a glitch where if someone dismisses the avatar, it may not appear in the habitat straight away.

Sorry you are having a bad experience with it, we will be reviewing our guidelines next week and hopefully you have more joy with it.

I will take this opportunity to ask anyone who takes an avatar out to watch out for people asking in the cc for your location and world, it is your responsibility to let people know where you are!!!
Image Image

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Can I ask, how does every feel about KoA and our new toys?

I feel we have adapted to them very maturely and share them out fairly. We can all expect a few hick-ups now and again when using them, especially because they are new but all in all, big thumbs up from me!

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 am

There's a serious issue with people taking the avatars out and not saying where/what world they're on. Lately when people ask multiple times "where's the ava" clan members either don't say anything at all or give flippant answers. At least give them the courtesy of saying "sorry I don't know". Other people have taken the ava to a world nobody else is on - why? I thought these avatars were supposed to be for the benefit of the clan - not the individual. This is supposed to be an "adult" clan - right now it doesn't seem like it and that's very disappointing. :(
ImageImage

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 am

syfyqueen wrote:There's a serious issue with people taking the avatars out and not saying where/what world they're on. Lately when people ask multiple times "where's the ava" clan members either don't say anything at all or give flippant answers. At least give them the courtesy of saying "sorry I don't know". Other people have taken the ava to a world nobody else is on - why? I thought these avatars were supposed to be for the benefit of the clan - not the individual. This is supposed to be an "adult" clan - right now it doesn't seem like it and that's very disappointing. :(
If someone asks about the avatars multiple times and there is no response, I would just assume they are all still at the citadel. I don't think one or two ppl saying they don't know really answers the question so I'm one that doesn't respond. However, if someone does have an avatar out and isn't answering in cc, that's a different issue and they should be reminded of the rules.

As far as the members who take them to "a world where nobody else is on", the rule of avatar etiquette is:
Dr Brad wrote: * Use KoA home world when possible
If someone lags a lot on w114 and they went to the trouble of going to the citadel and getting the avatar, I don't see anything wrong with them taking it to another world. The rest of us have the option of hopping to that world.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:24 am

If someone lags a lot on w114 and they went to the trouble of going to the citadel and getting the avatar, I don't see anything wrong with them taking it to another world. The rest of us have the option of hopping to that world
I'd think that one avatar should be on the home world(114 for now), before taking one to a different world unless there are 2 Skilling avatars in the citadel at the time, allowing someone from 114 to take one as well.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am

magerpainz wrote:
If someone lags a lot on w114 and they went to the trouble of going to the citadel and getting the avatar, I don't see anything wrong with them taking it to another world. The rest of us have the option of hopping to that world
I'd think that one avatar should be on the home world(114 for now), before taking one to a different world unless there are 2 Skilling avatars in the citadel at the time, allowing someone from 114 to take one as well.
good point :D
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 am

syfyqueen wrote:There's a serious issue with people taking the avatars out and not saying where/what world they're on. Lately when people ask multiple times "where's the ava" clan members either don't say anything at all or give flippant answers. At least give them the courtesy of saying "sorry I don't know". Other people have taken the ava to a world nobody else is on - why? I thought these avatars were supposed to be for the benefit of the clan - not the individual. This is supposed to be an "adult" clan - right now it doesn't seem like it and that's very disappointing. :(
I disagree there is a serious issue with it. I have seen a couple of time people getting irrate in the cc about a missing avatar and it turns out that it is glitched. There is no mystery about this glitch and everyone knows about it.

I have no idea why you think it doesn't seem like an adult clan right now. As far as I have seen the majority of people have been considerate and generous with their avatar use.

I also don't say if I don't have the avatar, I would spend half of my time saying I don't have it.
Image Image

Myles
Inactive
RSN: Wizzykins

Post by Myles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:03 am

I've found that in my experiences generally people have been very informative when an avatar is running where there are with them. The only time it seems problematic is when there isn't one out. However I haven't been on much lately so my experiences may not be the same as everyone's. I'd also like to state, that issues with the avatar is no reason to fret- we've managed in the game for this long without it's benefits, and during clan events you are almost assured to see our avatar so just remain patient while our staff figure out how to most effectively employ the avatar and I'm sure they'll appreciate your constructive criticism.
[color=#FFFF00]"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"[/color]
[sig]2012_07_dung2.jpg[/sig]
[sig]2012_11_slayer3.png[/sig]

dunder
Inactive
RSN: dunder miffl

Post by dunder » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:53 am

This morning apparently both skilling avatars "glitched"...........

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:44 am

I would also like to add, if you listen to some of the other 'adult' and normal clans around RS, we are handling them really well. They are having problems with 'hoggers', logging out without dismissing and all sorts!

Well done so far!

Andy

fabius bile
RSN: fabius bile

Post by fabius bile » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 am

not used clan avi yet but im sure i will at some point

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Keep the cup half full folks! :)
morituri te salutant

noobsrule
RSN: madmart08

Post by noobsrule » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Ive noticed a few "Disussions" in the cc about avatars. I was thinking maybe what could happen is if the skillers are customised to be unique and when summoned, the user states in cc which one they have and which world its going to, example "flame skiller world 114" or "tree skiller world 12" then if the user neglects to update cc, the rest of us have a rough idea which Avatar is on which world and who has it. So say i'd stated i had 1 on a world and someone wanted to know about avatar location, but i was busy skilling or other wise destracted (as usally happens with me :P ), at least someone would know and could reply.
Just a suggestion to make the Avatar's a benefit rather than a hassle.