A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Jagex's release of the clan avatars is potentially a very exciting change to the game. If, for example, an avatar with a skilling bonus buff is summoned on your world, you can receive a 3% XP bonus, OR if you're within 10 squares of the avatar, a 6% XP bonus. Wow!

However, not everything is shiny with clan avatars… One of staff's main concerns about the avatar is whether it will introduce clan drama. Why? We're starting things off (piloting) whereby ANYONE can summon an avatar from the citadel habitat and use it after paying the required anagogic orts. Once you've summoned the avatar, it's yours to control (for up to 6 hours or less). BUT, please keep in mind this is a clan resource. Others may want to use it too. We considered restricting the Avatar Warden position to KoA staff, but that could be a problem if someone wants to use the avatar and no staff are online at the time.

NOTE: Only the Overseer or Deputy Owner ranks can change the buffs. (If a buff is removed or changed, the habitat will need to be rebuilt!)

* When you're done using the avatar (leaving the game or going to bed), dismiss it so others can use it.
* If you've already used the avatar recently, check to see if others are waiting to summon it.
* Announce in CC periodically that you have an avatar summoned and your location.
* Consider limiting avatar summoning to a couple of hours unless nobody else wants to summon the avatar.
* Consider posting to KoA forums requests to use the avatars.
* If an event is planned, please assume an avatar will be needed for that event (unless told otherwise.)
* Use KoA home world when possible

As stated above, the clan avatar is a pilot test for KoA – we'll need to see how it goes. If too much drama results from all KoA members having Avatar Warden status, then we may need to limit the Avatar Warden job to certain people. However, we won't know until we try.

Please read/access the following links about clan avatars for background information:

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Clan_Avatar

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Avatar

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_av ... ar_wardens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToaUTYB7OM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKLz9e3Imi8
morituri te salutant

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Re: A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Post by Diplomatt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am

'Avatar Etiquette' - Love it Brad!

I'm hoping the Avatar wont cause as much drama in the clan as I usually do :P , but it probably will in one way or another. I think with the buffs, and our tolerance and patience, being adults, it will bring us closer, especially for skilling, that means you Dan, get skilling!!!!!

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:24 am

Diplomatt wrote: that means you Dan, get skilling!!!!!
I actually lol'd irl then, ill kill things for my orts thanks :-P

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

the whole thing is just confusing to me.... probably won't even pick up the orts

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 am

REMINDERS:

1) If you summon an avatar, tell the clan in CC.

2) If you have an avatar summoned and you're logging out, REMEMBER TO DISMISS IT, so others can use it.
morituri te salutant

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Dr Brad wrote:* Announce in CC periodically that you have an avatar summoned and your location.
Image Image

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm

We've had at least one instance of someone summoning the avatar but NOT being in the CC. This was frustrating for those clan members who wanted to benefit from its use. PLEASE! If you summon an avatar, stay in the CC and monitor it in case someone asks for an update as to who has an avatar summoned and asking for location. Also, please be reminded of the post above.
morituri te salutant

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 am

Sounds reasonable enough. I'm excited to try this.

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 am

As I've said before on Clan Chat..
It might be a good idea to send an email to all current members.. With a reference to this post (Avatar Etiquette)
And have the Liaisons to point out the Avatar Etiquette to our newest members.

An email would be best.. (Instead of an forum message, or do both) seeing some people don't come to our forum that much..
It doesn't make sure everyone reads the etiquette.. But it will increase the chances drastically.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Rocky wrote:As I've said before on Clan Chat..
It might be a good idea to send an email to all current members.. With a reference to this post (Avatar Etiquette)
And have the Liaisons to point out the Avatar Etiquette to our newest members.

An email would be best.. (Instead of an forum message, or do both) seeing some people don't come to our forum that much..
It doesn't make sure everyone reads the etiquette.. But it will increase the chances drastically.
We don't have the means to send out mass e-mails. Only mass forum pms. However, as liaisons reach out to new members, they may decide to include something about this in their messaging. Probably best to wait until the "pilot" period is over, and we can be clear about the avatar use expectations for all.
morituri te salutant

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:45 am

:D This sounds really great, anyone can have the avatar so we know its always getting used.
As long as everyone is considerate (shouldn't be much of a problem) I don't think there should be problems with this.
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Laggy Gurl
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Laggy Gurl

Post by Laggy Gurl » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:49 am

I truly think the clan is mature and adult enough to share and use the Avatar as it was meant to be. The periodically announcing where it is will be handy. I appreciate admin's decision to give us all a try to see if it's shared fairly and so far, I have seen polite requests and announcements. Long Live KoA and Long Live our Avatar!

duc_donald
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Duc Donald

Post by duc_donald » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 pm

It is good to see that i have joined a clan free of petty bickering and infighting. These avatar are probably going to push some clans to breaking point, but i think we'll do just fine. Access to everyone with some sensible rules is a great way to handle our avatar friends :)

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:32 pm

haven't really seen why i would want this. too many changes in the game and not enough time to figure out if they are useful to me. the game seems to be moving more toward a combat-centric game and i have never thought of coombat as a principle reason for playing, but rather incidental to other pursuits.

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:31 pm

I am a 100% sure we are wise enough to handle the Avatar the way we should..
With the current rules and such..

Its just.. I know for a fact a lot of people would rather play Runescape.. Without ever logging in to the forum.. (Some only log in once a month or so)
To make sure everyone is aware of the Avatar Etiquette.. I would think it wouldn't be a bad idea to send everyone a message.
A message on forum is also a possibility.. Some will even get an email about receiving a new message..
This just increases the chances of everyone reading the Etiquette in time... And will decrease any (Upcoming) problems.

The main reason for this.. Is because the Etiquette has only been viewed 200 times..
Might sound much in a short notice... But most members have viewed this thread for over 4 times and we have about 150 members..