Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Re: A message to the clan about citadel avatars

Post by lacey days » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm

There seems to be some issues around avatar use atm. Skillers tend to be afk people, doing 2 things at once. Please be patient with them, as they will answer your question eventually. If no-one answers as to the location of an avatar, then do as I did, and check the citadel. I discovered a skiller there tonight and summoned it just as a heated discussion started about avatar locations. I wasn't trying to hide the fact I had one out, and certainly announced it as soon as the discussion stopped. As to the world, I use the least laggy for me, unfortunatly that isn't 114. I believe people should hop to my world if they wish to benefit. My biggest request though is for people to be more tolerant. Going into a discussion guns blazing is very unproductive, we cannot verbalise easily in chat, as facial expressions are missing. Often people get the wrong end of the stick in a discussion. I'm sure we will iron out any issues though,
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

Mjay
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: MJay7

Post by Mjay » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Nicely put Lacey :D
ImageImage

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

If you are talking about me Lacey I did not go into the discussion "guns blazing". I keep asking these same questions over and over again because the problem still exists. It's not everybody. Alot of people do follow the avatar rules (that are posted in our forums). It's the people who don't want to follow the rules who are causing the problem. You say "facial expressions are missing" & "people get the wrong end of the stick in a discussion" yet I'm one who is getting the wrong end of the stick & not one person stood up for me. Some are making incorrect assumptions about me and I don't appreciate that. When Sat said in cc "OK" after I made the comment, "I'll just stfu, everything is hunky dory and nobody has to follow the rules posted in the forum" that really, really hurt. It made me feel lower than dirt. BTW: I'm not the only one questioning this issue but I am one of the few who has attempted to speak up in the cc about it. Now I know why.......

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 pm

syfyqueen wrote:If you are talking about me Lacey I did not go into the discussion "guns blazing". I keep asking these same questions over and over again because the problem still exists. It's not everybody. Alot of people do follow the avatar rules (that are posted in our forums). It's the people who don't want to follow the rules who are causing the problem. You say "facial expressions are missing" & "people get the wrong end of the stick in a discussion" yet I'm one who is getting the wrong end of the stick & not one person stood up for me. Some are making incorrect assumptions about me and I don't appreciate that. When Sat said in cc "OK" after I made the comment, "I'll just stfu, everything is hunky dory and nobody has to follow the rules posted in the forum" that really, really hurt. It made me feel lower than dirt. BTW: I'm not the only one questioning this issue but I am one of the few who has attempted to speak up in the cc about it. Now I know why.......
No one is pointing the finger at you, so please dont try and cause drama within the forums.

Admin are currently discussing the future of Avatars. As they previously stated, there is a trial period currently in operation to see how the clan as a whole, deals with the avatar and its uses. They will be looking at every point made, and taking into consideration, everyone views.

Until things are finally set in stone, we just have to deal with it. Some members may not have even read the forums in a long time and therefore not aware of the rules.

I dont know about you, but if an avatar is not summoned, its no biggy, ill just continue to play the game as i always have, yes its nice to have a lil bit more xp gained than usual, but would you have complained if the avatars never even existed?

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:07 am

I'm not trying to "cause drama". However, during that conversation I was the only one who was getting shut down - nobody else. If the avatars never existed there wouldn't be this problem so that is a moot point. All I have ever done is attempt to follow the clan rules, help my clanmates & answer their questions. I stop what I'm doing, take the time to look up & research what they're asking about and, if possible, give them that info. That's all. Sorry to have bothered any of you it won't happen again. :oops:
ImageImage

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 am

I have noticed (and this really is not directed at just one individual) it is becoming quite tense in cc at times, people can not always answer (I am guilty of this when watching tv while skilling or fighting). I choose not to use ava as I would feel tense while I had it because of how things are at times in cc, especially if I didn't see chat. My point is if I feel this way there may be others too.

We are all adults and I really do not think we need to argue just as Lacey says be a little more tolerant in cc. I also cannot skill on 114 as I cannot even get into the world lol..not sure why.

Anyhow the ava is only pixels at the end of the day and not real life, really not worth getting upset about :)
ImageImage

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 am

I believe as an adult clan we can overcome this. As with a lot of new in game features, yes there will be bugs & glitches. Also, it boils down to communication. Communication is a two-way street. It takes communicating your intentions/communicating during your actions & communicating that you are searching for something. And it needs to be done in a mature & respectable fashion. It doesn't do anyone at all any good to be demanding, sarcastic or down right rude. (Not pointing any fingers, this has happened several times & it finally got to the point any mention of ava's for a few days made me ill.)

As was previously stated, we actually are one of the clans with the LEAST amount of problems I have seen with avatars. One of my very close friends is a clan leader and they simply fight over it 24/7. Many clans have avatars that are completely missing. I don't really see a need for any arguments, drama or blaming.

We need to work this out, not fight over 'who said what'. It will take time, a rhythm and system for this to happen. We're a family...no need for it to be a dysfunctional one.

I'd also like to add: We were given a chance by admins to do this on our own & have the ability to use this as we please. They did this in hopes that we would be able to work together to make it effective for all of us. If it's not working, that is NOT staff's fault for not setting rules. If rules are needed, I'm sure they'll be added. But people need to remember that it IS a team effort. Not just one or two people.
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

blarny3 wrote: I choose not to use ava as I would feel tense while I had it because of how things are at times in cc, especially if I didn't see chat.
The Avatars are for ALL of us, if you want that 6% bonus and no one is using one, TAKE IT. :D

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:26 pm

On a positive note I've really enjoyed the skill avatars being around. It's given me chance to go and skill with clannies that I've not had chance to get to know until now. Standing in a bank fletching/alching and having a really good chat is something I've not done for ages...thanks! :)
ImageImage

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm

On a positive note I've really enjoyed the skill avatars being around. It's given me chance to go and skill with clannies that I've not had chance to get to know until now.
I agree! Go and spread the Fluffiness!
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

I rarely summon an avatar, but I'm pleased when I log onto a world to see that little spinning circlet around my feet. :)
morituri te salutant

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:15 pm

I have to agree with Lacey and Torri on this one, we are in the main part all trying to make this avatar 'thing' work for us all and it is mostly working quite well. I think some things in the heated discussion were taken in the wrong context, I am absolutely sure that Sat did in no way intend for anyone to 'feel like dirt' and was just saying ok to back out of the whole thing in the hope things would calm down a little, not as a direct attack on anyone involved. As Torri said, we are like a family, and as such need to step back a little sometimes and think things out, all of us at some point will make a mistake or forget to call out about the avatar as skilling can be an afk thing. This is a trial to see how we can work this out for the best for the whole clan, sometimes this may have to be looked at and revisited but I feel on the whole we are doing very well so far, especially when looking at how other clans are coping. Maybe it would be best to talk this out calmly rather than pointing fingers at anyone and we will find out the best way for everyone to enjoy and manage the avatars though I'm sure this will take time and some 'tweaking' here and there. In the end I'm sure as the diverse, adult, no drama clan we all want Koa to be we will get through this and work this thing out for the best, it will just take time, patience, thought and calmness from everyone :)
Image]

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm

syfyqueen wrote:I made the comment, "I'll just stfu, everything is hunky dory and nobody has to follow the rules posted in the forum"
This comment is not productive and is full of sarcasm.

I can see that this issue is somewhat emotive, however - we can and will deal with people who dont follow the rules - it wont always be instant and we will not always be able to get to the bottom of it, but we are an adult clan and in the meantime ask people to act like adults whilst dealing with any issues whilst we iron out how best to allow use of the avatars. Those who are clearly being selfish will have their avatar warden status removed.

in the meantime, either contact staff with issues - post on the forum with issues - even mention in cc that you're unable to locate an avatar, but please keep comments in the CC productive, sarcasm is unlikely to attain a positive response.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 pm

One member was summoning while not being in cc. This could have been why we seemed to have 1 lost most the time.

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:52 pm

I do not believe it is a bad thing to discuss. And I do believe we are doing great. Even better than before.

At least we do communicate.. And all have (are given) the chance to work with the Clan Avatar.
A lot of clans do not communicate, have only a few Avatar Wardens who keep the Avatars mainly for their selves and/or continue argue about who can take the Avatar.

I do not think we have any real problems with the Avatar.. If we keep talking about it in a normal way, to (possible) make things better/smoother.
I've already seen some nice ideas concerning the Avatar..
One I really liked was reserving one Avatar for our homeworld (Off course there can't be any glitches kidnapping an avatar.)

Some people might get a little irritated by not getting the avatar-information quickly.. Maybe some were having a bad day.. But also on this point.. I can only see progress.. As more people are spreading the information.. And if not mistaking I can see more patience... And mostly because we talk about it..

The thing I would like to add is... We have a Avatar Etiquette.. Including some basic rules.
One of these rules conclude; * Announce in CC periodically that you have an avatar summoned and your location.
Even without this rule, I would like to say it is our Clan Avatar. Meaning it would be nice if the summoner keeps an eye on the clan and what we all want.
And I think we all want to know where to get more xp, or if it is possible to get more xp.
In my eyes, this also means you are not 'obliged' to stay or go to a place for many other members of our clan. But obviously it would be nice if you, or at least one of the avatars, could.