KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Clan Avatar

Post by magerpainz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 am

Game Updates
Your New Secret Weapon: Clan Avatars!

2 days ago

Any clan with a citadel can now create, customise and deploy clan avatars. Summoned and controlled by designated avatar wardens within your clan, these living embodiments of your citadel can accompany you to the surface world and support your clan with an array of buffs. These buffs affect every eligible clan member within the avatar's aura of influence. Whether you're a clan of legendary warriors or a collective of shrewd artisans, your avatar has your back.

Combat-focused clans will benefit from buffs that heal over time, randomly resurrect fallen clan members and redirect damage taken by clan members to the avatar.In times of peace, your avatar can increase the resource yield from citadel skill plots, double the duration of Summoning familiars, and can offer a healthy XP boost for any skill training, even outside of your citadel. Depending on the tier of your citadel, an avatar can have up to three slots for equipping these buffs, so they can be tailored to any task at hand.

For an avatar to take up residence, you'll first need to build a habitat within your clan citadel. Here, clan members with the necessary permissions can designate buffs to an avatar. Other permissions can enable you to customise its appearance, choosing from four styles for each of its nine components. Your clan logo and colours will also be proudly displayed on your avatar's body, so no two avatars need ever look the same.

Habitats come in three varieties, each with its own resource requirement:

Basic: 3,000 timber.
Medium: 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars.
Grand: 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, 30,000 rations.

The basic habitat houses one avatar, while the medium habitat holds two and the grand habitat three, so the extra investment is well worth it. While your clan can only summon one avatar at a time, you'll have up to three avatars ready and waiting to assist, whatever the situation.

To benefit from the clan avatar's buffs, each individual will need to pay 300 anagogic orts to the avatar, which will buy a week's access to its clan-boosting benefits. These items are non-tradable, but they can be gathered as drops from monsters throughout RuneScape, as well as during skill training - so long as you're a member of a clan. These are also used to heal your avatar when it takes damage in combat, so be sure to stock up if you're taking a clan avatar into multi-way combat or PvP!

Gather your resources, muster your clan mates and summon your new secret weapon. Your clan just got a whole lot bigger.

Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels

Getting Started with Clan Avatars:

See the Captain of the Guard at the clan camp for full details of how to build, maintain and use your clan avatar.

Requirements

To build a clan avatar, or benefit from its buffs, you must be a member.
You must be part of a clan which owns a clan citadel.
Your citadels must include a clan avatar habitat.
You must pay fee of 300 anagogic orts to benefit from clan avatar buffs. This earns you a week's access to buff from avatars owned by your clan. These are non-tradable, and can be gathered from monster drops and skill training.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Re: Clan Avatar

Post by Imp334 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 am

They sound useful and I can't wait to start using them :)
Going to be a tough choice which boosts to pick, are we leaving this up to the leaders and citadel manager to decide or having a clan vote?
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Quick find code: 15-16-36-63945011
What happens if the person that summoned the avatar logs off? Who will gain control of it?

Mod Maz: This depends exactly how long is left before it expires. If the person logs off and the 24hr expiry happens, the avatar will be back up in the habitat, other than that, it's attached to the person who summoned it.

What skill boost will the avatar give when people are skilling at the citadel? Does the entire area count as the 6% boost?

Mod Maz: 6% is within the range of the effect, 3% on the same world. This is regardless of whether or not you are in the citadel.

Do buffs stack?

Mod Maz: No, only one buff can be active on a player at any one time.

Why is there a cap on the amount of orts you can receive each day?

Mod Maz: Primarily to make sure that each clan member earns their orts over a controlled period of time which was at least spread across two days of normal play. It also means we can give relatively high drop rates without causing things like monster spawns being camped purely to harvest orts, thereby disrupting others gameplay.

Why do the orts not go straight into your inventory instead of that only possible with the avatar's buff? This is pretty annoying.

Mod Maz: Because taking an inventory slot should be your choice, not ours. If you choose to have it in your inventory, simply activate the automatic ort buff on your avatar. You can also choose to opt out of having the orts drop simply by speaking to the Captain of the Guard in the clan camp.

Can you please make a place in the Citadel where every clan member can store their orts?

Mod Maz: No, as citadel data is only available within the citadel, so we would not be able to keep track of your orts in the other worlds.

Why can we not get orts while PvPing?

Mod Maz: Because they are non tradeable.

Can we please have the option to put the clan avatars handbook on our POH bookcases?

Mod Maz: This will be available with the next update.

If you read the avatar handbook, it states that the xp boosts doesn't work with bonus xp weekends. Do this means there will come another form of bonus xp weekends in the future?

Mod Mark: We like to keep our options open. We are definitely not planning any this year.
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Q&A from Clan Leaders forum. Answered by Mod Maz

Q: Will the clan leader/owner be able to recall the avatar at any moment (i.e. due to abuse)?
A: You can remove the Avatar Warden title from the person who has it out, this will cause it to be dismissed.

Q: What happens when the avatar dies tanking?
A: It will make its way back to the habitat.

Q: Can the avatar go in dungeons and help with dungeoneering?
A: No.
NOTE: Hid stops reading here… :lol:

Q: What happens if the person that summoned the avatar logs off? Who will gain control of it at that moment?
A: This depends exactly how long is left before it expires. If the person logs off and the 24 hr expiry happens, the avatar will be back up in the habitat, other than that, it's attached to the person who summoned it. The avatar can easily be dismissed the same way as followers. If they don't, it expires after 24 hours as a safety measure.

Q: Will orts also drop when doing cs/ls?
A: I believe so.

Q: What skill boost will the avatar give when people are skilling on the citadel? Does the entire area counts as the 6% one or not.
A: 6% is within the range of the effect, 3% on the same world. This is regardless of whether or not you are in the citadel.

Q: How big is the area of effect?
A: Approximately 10 tiles radius around the avatar

Q: Why only admin+?
A: Because only admin+ can write to clan data. The admin+ restriction for writing to clan data has always been there since clans was released. To keep track of avatars customisations, buffs, world status and other data, it needs to be written to the clan data. Hence, only admin+ can summon it.

Q: Do buffs stack?
A: No, only one buff can be active on a player at any one time.

Q: Can the avatar be taken to solo combat like kiln or Queen Black Dragon to tank?
A: Solo combat? There may be a few places at the moment, but we're looking to restrict this as it's not in keeping with the purpose of the avatars.

Q: If you change the title of an Admin in the clan to "Avatar Warden" and then de-rank them after they've summoned an avatar and left the Citadel, the avatar will disappear completely and you cannot find it in the citadel or anywhere. Could you look into this for us?
A: Yes, that's because once someone isn't admin they can't write to clan data to say that they've put the avatar back. Therefore it will take 24 hrs from when it was summoned to return. If it hasn't returned after that time, then please submit a bug report.

Q: The Anagogic Orts appear to have a much greater rate of collection from combat than skilling, my clan members have observed. Is this indeed the case? If so, why does combat get them faster?
A: Yes, we're still tweaking drop rates.

Q: Can you have the dismissal script run as part of log out?
A: Transferring from citadel > surface world is logging out as far as our scripts are concerned. There's no difference at all. I'm glad you're thinking about these issues though, as these are exactly the thoughts I and other developers had when considering this issue.

Q: The chatbox notice for the Anagogic ort's appearance is filtered out by the game filter, and I don't think it should. The game filter filters out boring grind messages like 'You chop some logs', but I think orts appear rarely enough to be worth not being filtered. Basically, can you take them out of the filter and let them appear with the filter on?
A: Will discuss the message filtering with other people involved with the project, but no promises.

Q: Will the clan avatar be able use during mini games such as rcw, sw, fight pits and pc?
A: Currently no minigames except Clan Wars and the Clan Battlefield. In the future, who knows?

Q: For someone to summon the avatar, do they have to be in the citadel? If not, what's the problem, as they can just re-summon it when they log into the game. If so, would it be possible to make it so you can summon it from the citadel portal in the clan camp?
A: Yes, the avatar must be summoned inside the citadel as it must also write to the citadel data which is only available inside the citadel. Fun eh?

Q: The avatars get stuck fairly often. Could we have some kind of 'call' implemented like with familiars?
A: You can call the avatar in the same way as a familiar, but only when it's a fair distance away, this is due to the extra overheads that avatars cause when called, unlike familiars.

Q: Checked in this morning and it hasn't returned. Now Last night I was fuming, removed the job title " Avatar Warden" from this member to the original clan member I wanted and promoted to " Avatar Warden ." Now do I have to place 1st clan member back as AW and wait for this member to log on to see if the A returns. Should I place a bug report. Should I just throw my hands up and build a new habitat and chuck this as a learning experience?
A: Wait 24 hours then check up in the citadel again. No need to change titles or permissions or destroy your hard earned habitat. If your avatar still isn't back, submit a bug report.

Q: Who is it that has permission to assign Avatar Warden status?
A: Whoever has permission to assign job titles has the permission to assign warden status.
Note: All KoA staff can assign lower ranks with the Avatar Warden job.

Q: Less than a week old and we've already misplaced our Avatar a couple of times. Anyone have any suggestions on how they've set it up to help people remember to dismiss it?
A: It helps to have 3 avatars (if you are able to), but other than that, no, just reminders. It's easy to forget to dismiss it.
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 pm

According to Runewiki:
The Avatar Skilling Buff stacks with many existing bonuses, including Sacred Clay items, Skill Pendants, Clan Rings and Goldsmith gauntlets. The bonuses do not apply to the Ectofuntus, however.

The Avatar Skilling Buff does not affect the experience received from the Circus, Penguin points, exp lamps , pendents nor the experience earned from creating the first of each Illuminated god book.
morituri te salutant

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:52 pm

It should be noted that when stacking with Goldsmith Gaunts: It does NOT give the 3/6% of the 56.2 total exp. It gives 3/6% of the BASE exp for the ore (without gaunts) which is 22.5.

Basically:

(22.5 X 0.03/0.06) + 33.7

So don't flip out when you're only getting 0.6 bonus exp points per smelt LoL
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Please look at the picture closely.
avatar.png (61.45 KiB) Viewed 8099 times
As of this morning, intermittently I see a swirling ring at my character's feet. This seems to signify that I'm in a world with an active avitar. Do others see this too?

If yes, this helps to answer the common CC question whether there's a summoned avatar in your world. If you see it, then yes, there's an avatar summoned in your world.
morituri te salutant

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Yes, If you see the swirling you are in the same world as an avatar in use and can get some extra xp
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Zero, I have the skilling avatar summoned at citadel and it's not gathering resources. (It's currently 90/2700 and not changing.) I'm cutting wood. Anything I need to do?
morituri te salutant

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:39 pm

sometimes he stops just select again plus it doesn't rise up constantly check every min or two

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm

I forgot to "interact" with it and choose the resource to gather. I'm all set now.
morituri te salutant