Locking plots

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Re: Locking plots

Post by Huzzah » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:12 pm

On a side note i just wiki'd clan dragon and they are pretty damn awesome looking.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

curanir
RSN: Curanir1

Post by curanir » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm

agreed, I'm happy for plots to be locked in order for us to hit our upgrades

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Yeah, why not make a poll on this ( we had it once, but we didn´t have tier7 then and lots of ppl didn´t understand what locking plots means) if locking plots should be used for citadel customisation ( cosmetics) goals or not.

I see we still have a lot customisations coming ( from Tamals post) and I´m personally not happy knowing any plot that people train on " too much" can be locked any time.

I do care about the clan as a whole but as it was said several times- nothing happens if we get the dragon 1 or 2 weeks later.. so what?

On a sidenote- those who say we shouldn´t think of only " me, me and me".. why don´t you sign up for the clan cup thieving week ? :)
We still need 4 members on the team and clan cup definitely is a " clan thing " and everything but " me, me, me" :P

Satrianisaxe
RSN: Satrianisaxe

Post by Satrianisaxe » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:29 pm

The way I see it, and I know folk will disagree and they are entitled to, the Citadel is a Clan activity where we strive to meet goals for customisations and upgrades. It is not primarily a way of an individual to gain exp. There are a multitude of ways to gain exp in your chosen skill outside the Citadel. I disagree with the comment about 40k cloth not being wasted resource - of course it is - for the citadel it is. And so what if folk don't come to Citadel cause they cant do what they want - we are not gaining anything from the over harvesting of goods anyway!!! There is no doubting many peoples' commitment to the clan but I feel locking is the way forward. There are loads of customisations going on and if they all are covered by a certain resource, eg cloth, lock it. Folk will be encouraged to visit Citadel to claim their feality rewards and clan ring. A final point, I'm sure if we didnt lock or encourage folk to do certain resources it would be a darn sight longer than "a few weeks more" before we get dragon. The other option of course is to forget all further upgrades and customisations (after all, they dont give us any personal gain!) and just have a free for all each week - maybe worth considering!!

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Post by serame » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Lots of good points on each side -- I don't think plots should be locked and members should be free to skill at whatever plot they want. Sometimes you have a skill you are working hard on, and sometimes you do whatever needs doing, and we should feel like we aren't blocked from participating. Weekly playing time is an issue for me, too...if I can't get what I need at the citadel, I would be likely to skip it in favor of doing something else. Isn't there also a requirement for a certain number of people to just show up at the citadel each week? We need that as much as we need the resources.

We've had the citadel for over a year now, and it isn't going anywhere. There isn't any big rush to get everything done is there? What will there be to do when it's finished? I think we are all looking forward to getting the citadel finished and working toward that common goal. It's just something fun to do together.

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Perhaps as a compromise, set the popular but unneeded plots to lock after a certain amount of resources?
For example, we could set cloth to lock after 20k resources or something so a significant number of people can get some if they need xp and encourage them to visit the citadel early to get it
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 am

Lady Kal wrote:nothing happens if we get the dragon 1 or 2 weeks later.. so what?
How long have we been collecting for the Dragon? It will take months to get it if people don't focus on the resources we require.

It will probably make Tamal's life a hell of a lot easier to plan and upgrade the citadel when the dragon is out the way.

It's probably the biggest resource collection you need in a citadel, so lets get it out the way then go back to normal! I suggest we only lock out other resources until we get this beast out the way (if Tamal can confirm this is the biggest thing we can upgrade to in respect to collecting resources) then go free to all again!

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am

Huzzah wrote:As far as I recall the only plot that was locked was stone leaving the ores open for those who wanted the mining exp. Many of his posts seem to portray that people should get what they want to. I at least think there should have been some sort of polling done
On the point about adding a poll, we have had one before and only 39 people voted on it. (see link below)

http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =97&t=8497

Of course Tamal would have liked to see people get what exp they want, but I'm sure he could see the benefit of having the plots locked too. Also, there were a few weeks where had various plots locked and not just the stone plot locked.

Just as an FYI, I voted for locking the plots to meet the upgrades, I have 99 Woodcutting and cooking which seem to be unpopular with people, but thought it was worth it.
Lady Kal wrote:I´m just wondering how this "wastage" happens..
Are those people who need crafting exp and that´s why they´re training crafting? If the plot gets locked maybe they won´t go to citadel at all and locking it has no other effect than people not going to citadel ?
They should be able to use every citadel aspect/skill. We shouldn´t force people

or are those people who have no clue at all about our goals and about the citadel tab?
Find those and tell them " your clan needs more rations". Then they say " oops, I didn´t know" and move from cloth to rations :lol: Simple.
To be fair Tamal used to post an update everyday, there is the citadel tab which gives all information as to what we need. Apart from someone standing at the entrance of the citadel telling everyone who enters what we need, I don't see what else we could do.

I am not hugely for or against the idea of locking the plots, it just seems to make sense to lock them if we have 20-30k over what we need. I know whoever collects them won't feel that way because they will have exp to show for it.
Image Image

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:32 am

I look at it like this:

The citadel and the dragon is a clan objective. The dragon is the last big upgrade for now and is something a lot of people in the clan want and are working towards.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I have 25m cooking exp - yet I still cook at the citadel.. and my other levels suck - I would love the crafting exp - but as many have said on both sides of the argument I'm doing it for the clan. I think that point is kind of moot - as much as I appreciate people doing that it's not an argument as to why the plots shouldnt be locked.. or am I missing the point?

I dont expect people to max every week ( I myself will only be getting my 3 fealty back this week after a period where I was unable to meet my cap) - we dont even expect people to go to the citadel ( I feel we can easilt meet the attendance requirement in relation to serames point) - and I know a heap of people have worked their buts off to get where we are now. But for a lot of people we havent finished yet.. for most I would say we are done at the dragon then as long as we meet upkeep until another big update comes along.. there will be no need to lock the plots.

But just looking at the last tick, the part of this tick before it was locked and the tick when the vote was held about locking we have lost 50-60k resources (lost as in not carried over) in 2 and a half weeks - ok locking the plots may not be a direct transfer - but counting the 16 or so weeks between the tick of the last vote and this _ I believe we could have easily completed the dragon by now. I dont agree Kal that it would be a difference of a few weeks, in my view the difference can be measured in months. It could easily be another month or more now.

Ok so some people may not go to citadel if they cant max out on cloth, but I dont think that would be a lot of people - a lot of people in the clan dont have 99 crafting also dont have 99 wc 99 smith 99 mining 99 cooking 99 firemaking - there is still plenty of opportunity if cloth is locked for people to gain exp for themselves and work towards something for the clan NAd get a clan ring and fealty reward in the process). If only half of the cloth loss was used on something else the dragon would be finished very quickly. Then we dont have this issue.. Is it much to ask for people to transfer xp they need in one skill to xp they need in another skill? It seems most people with a heap of 99's or maxed 99's or even like myself with 99 just in the skill we need are still doing the skill we need. It will affect very few people if any. If we did lock it would only be temporary - we are not going to force anyone to go to the citadel - if they feel crafting exp is the only reason they want to go.

On wastage.. I do see it as wasted - for example during the first event people were asking do we still need cloth?.. is it ok if I work on cloth? - they then used part of their cap on cloth. The reason they asked is because they want to do what the clan needs.. then cloth by the 3rd day is 200% over - Some of those people will very much feel their efforts are wasted - that they may have put that effort into something else if they knew that was going to be the case.

We had something like 20k cloth when we hadnt even met upkeep yet - maybe we could look at doing it the other way around - lock until upkeep is met - then unlock.

I just feel we're so close, it's something a lot of the clan really want.. Is it all that much to ask that people lay off the cloth for a few weeks?

Most of the posts seem to be saying.. well i work on what the clan needs - but I dont agree with locking because some people wont get the exp they want. I havent seen anyone yet post to say.. I really need crafting exp above anything else thats why I max on cloth and will continue to do so.. Is there anybody who feels they would be adversly affected themselves if they were unable to work on cloth at the citadel for about 3 weeks?

The vote was only by 39 people as oob mentioned.. I dont feel this is a particularly small vote.. not much less than average.. but the vote itself was pretty conclusive.. The difference between then and now - was we still had a lot of upgrades on which to use cloth.. between now and the dragons completion.. we have very few.

a note.

My views are for locking the plots now for this upgrade under these specific circumstances (lack of upgrades requiring cloth - the huge surplus - how close we are to the dragon)

I don't believe locking plots should be something we do as standard - even if new big upgrades come along.. When new upgrades come along the circumstances will be different - plot locking may not have the same grounds.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 am

I feel that each plot should be locked once upkeep cost is met, then unlocked again for members to do which ever plot they want, but then locked at the point of wastage, no one forces us to do the citadel, but we will be the first ones to complain when upkeep isnt met, or the dragon and other upgrades take to complete.

Ive seen this week that we are still short of logs for upkeep (not taking into consideration the minions), but i feel the minions should only be used for upgrades and not the upkeep. If you all want to stay T7 citadel, make sure ALL the plots are used and upkeep is met 1st

benson300
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Bam Yoo

Post by benson300 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 am

Either way is good for me....I'll continue to get my 400+K cooking every week!
ImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm happy to do what I can for the clan. Although I'm maxed on all skills, I max on citadel rations every week.
morituri te salutant

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Let people do what they want. I agree with snow in every point. Personally, I need just about all skills, so I am happy to work what needs to be done most of the time. However, if I am just 20K short of a lvl in a particular skill I want to be able to do what I need to get the lvl. Advise us what is most needed; don't be dictatorial about it. I like our citadel very much and don't really care how long it takes to get a dragon. It isn't like we can kill the dragon for bones without fighting the bots for the privilege.

big thugn
RSN: Dr Melic

Post by big thugn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I agree with locking the skills, maybe do a vote before hand but either way I wont be upset that the first skill I try to train is locked, however I wont be affected by this for a while since I max out on cooking just because it seems most likely to make me money(as in I get to sell more of the fish I catch rather than train as much cooking out of the citadel.) I will be close to 99 wc soon and agree that if I was fourced to train at the tree for several weeks in a row with 99 wc I probably wouldnt cap every week.
PHD(Googleoligy)