Making sure people get the invite to join our clan chat

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Making sure people get the invite to join our clan chat

Post by zerocoollll » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 am

I have noticed that some players do not know that they need to get the invite inside the RS game to join the clan chat and need to wait 1 week to start helping with the Citadel. I was just wondering if anyone was keeping track of who joined or not. I know some players have other clans they belong to, but is there someone checking into it?

One option I can think of(that will be a bit of work) is to have a master list of everyone in clan and just simply cross out their name when they respond to a message either thu email or in game that they are at least aware of the fact they must be invited to the clan chat to help out.

This is just a suggestion because when I see that someone is not in our clan chat it was because they didn't know they have to do that extra step. It might be from them not reading emails or just assuming after they join here they get put into the clan chat in game.

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Re: Making sure people get the invite to join our clan chat

Post by serame » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 am

Good suggestion, Zero. We are working on an updated greeting message for new members that includes information about the citadel, plus some other updated information. Hopefully that will eliminate much of the confusion!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Making sure people get the invite to join our clan chat

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Nazka o Jade's Admin welcome announcement hopefully does a better job at explaining this:

http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =38&t=7365

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

P.S. All staff can now invite KoA members (only members) to CC.
morituri te salutant