Citadel battlefield

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Citadel battlefield

Post by magerpainz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 pm

I have been playing with the Battlefield Editor. There are so many variants, but a little limited in some areas. I have created a practice layout if anyone is interested in seeing some of the possibilities. It's just something I threw together as I was trying out some of the possibilities. Don't expect too much just yet. There are currently 2 layouts, Layout A and Layout B. You will want to use Layout B. I will try to demonstrate below how to set it up.

First of all, Go to the Citadel, then use your mini-map and tele to the battlefield. Once there, If you talk to the Battlemaster there, you complete a diary task. After completing task, right click on the Battlemaster and click on initiate battle. See example below:
initiate.jpg
initiate.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 5499 times

After initiating battle, You will get a screen like the one below, where you select layout B.
b.jpg
b.jpg (104.32 KiB) Viewed 5499 times

After you have selected layout B, You have several other options to choose from. For now I would suggest selecting Battle ends when 10 points are made and also selecting Battle ends when 10 mins. are up. You can see an example in the next Pic. This way you have an exit. If you happen to get in the battlefield and can't find a way out, log-off and go back to your original world to log back in.
point.jpg
point.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
Once in the Battlefield, You should spawn here:
spawn.jpg
spawn.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
Work your way North and then west. You may see some food spawns along the way. I suggest picking up a few, because you will encounter a few warriors and rangers along the way. Once you reach the spot in the pic below there is a ball you can kick or pick up. If you pick it up, you can't run, only walk. There is a goal at the end of the trail, that you kick the ball into for 5 points. Also each monster killed is 1 point.
ball.jpg
ball.jpg (168.87 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
I haven't tested it yet, but this should work for teams as well, with 2 separate goals at the end. You will have to set it up as teams when you initiate the battle for this to work.
You will also encounter woodcutting and mining obstacles along the way. There should be a hatchet and pick-axe spawn nearby each.
Keep in mind, this is just a preliminary practice layout, subject to change, deletion, etc. at any given moment. Any input/feedback you might have as to the type of layout you would like to see, or any bugs you encounter would be appreciated. I might mention that layout A is unfinished and just setup as a test. Really not anything to do there just yet.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Re: Citadel battlefield

Post by Shortstuff » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Good effort mager, I will go look at it when I'm on tomorrow.

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 pm

The citadel is very improved since the last time i went there, great job! I will visit it real soon :)

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 am

Like i said, this is just a test, and a chance to get everyone acquainted with the Battlefield interface. Don't expect too much just yet.
Image Image Image
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 am

bump
Image Image Image
I want a Spartan Woman!