Introducing:Clan Citadels v1.1

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Re: Introducing:Clan Citadels v1.1

Post by TrixStar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:03 am

So I won'der if the rocks we see all over runescape are access points we'll get to rebuild to teleport into our citadels

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15 am

pi_stoff wrote:Lots of controversy just getting the vexilum motto done, still null months later, glad its a safe area for when the fistycuffs come out setting this up.
:lol:

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

pi_stoff wrote:Lots of controversy just getting the vexilum motto done, still null months later, glad its a safe area for when the fistycuffs come out setting this up.
Here's the story behind the "null" clan motto...

As you all know, the clan CC is named "Kingdom of Asgarnia". However, this precursor takes up too much of the chat line. We were hoping that Jagex would allow clans to assign a shortened precursor to the chat line, such as "KoA". Unfortunately, this hasn't happened. Rather, Jagex has instead allowed established clans to change their names. The new clan name would then serve as the precursor line text. One option would have been to change the clan name to "KoA" and for the motto to be "Kingdom of Asgarnia." However, KoA is not an option at this time because another clan, Knights of Ascension, is already using "KoA". See http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-hi ... landing.ws

We have a list of candidate clan mottos but had hoped to see a resolution to the CC precursor issue. Apparently, this won't be resolved by the time of Clan Citadels. So, Admin will choose a clan motto from the candidate list.

With the upcoming advent of Clan Citadels, the clan CC is becoming more important for KoA. Indeed, we may need to move the clan from the "KoA Clan" Friend CC to the "Kingdom of Asgarnia" Clan CC. If that's the case, most chat (with the exception of team events, like GWD) would occur in the Clan CC. In addition, people who multi-clan may have to decide where their primary clan allegience lies. No decisions on this yet. But, these are issues Admin will need to consider.

P.S. If you haven't joined the Clan CC yet and want to, see Poppy, Debs, Tamal, or me, in game, and we'll add you.

P.S.S. Out of 117 KoA members, 74 are signed into the Clan CC.
morituri te salutant

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Dr Brad wrote:However, KoA is not an option at this time because another clan, Knights of Ascension, is already using "KoA".
This here is where I wish Jagex would step in and give preference of names to larger, more established clans. Its not that we're better then them, its simply that much more people are in and use our cc than theirs. Just look at the direct comparison and you can see we play the game more, would use the chat more and therefore should be able to have the more user friendly name.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Dr Brad wrote:
Here's the story behind the "null" clan motto...

As you all know, the clan CC is named "Kingdom of Asgarnia". However, this precursor takes up too much of the chat line. We were hoping that Jagex would allow clans to assign a shortened precursor to the chat line, such as "KoA". Unfortunately, this hasn't happened. Rather, Jagex has instead allowed established clans to change their names. The new clan name would then serve as the precursor line text. One option would have been to change the clan name to "KoA" and for the motto to be "Kingdom of Asgarnia." However, KoA is not an option at this time because another clan, Knights of Ascension, is already using "KoA". See http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-hi ... landing.ws

We have a list of candidate clan mottos but had hoped to see a resolution to the CC precursor issue. Apparently, this won't be resolved by the time of Clan Citadels. So, Admin will choose a clan motto from the candidate list.

With the upcoming advent of Clan Citadels, the clan CC is becoming more important for KoA. Indeed, we may need to move the clan from the "KoA Clan" Friend CC to the "Kingdom of Asgarnia" Clan CC. If that's the case, most chat (with the exception of team events, like GWD) would occur in the Clan CC. In addition, people who multi-clan may have to decide where their primary clan allegience lies. No decisions on this yet. But, these are issues Admin will need to consider.

P.S. If you haven't joined the Clan CC yet and want to, see Poppy, Debs, Tamal, or me, in game, and we'll add you.

P.S.S. Out of 117 KoA members, 74 are signed into the Clan CC.
Thanks Brad,
I appreciate yours and the other admin's and staff's efforts in what will certainly be a large undertaking when all is said and done.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I personally can't wait to help out with gathering resources and such, would be a fun clan event to go to every week :)
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Starwolf wrote:I personally can't wait to help out with gathering resources and such, would be a fun clan event to go to every week :)
Agreed. I'm looking forward to it. :)
morituri te salutant

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Dr Brad wrote:
Starwolf wrote:I personally can't wait to help out with gathering resources and such, would be a fun clan event to go to every week :)
same 8)

Jesper
RSN: WIP ALL DAY

Post by Jesper » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:42 am

Sounds pretty interesting, I'm excited. I'll definitely help keeping it up (If I'm allowed to that is!). :D

But seriously, another clan update? We've had clan hiscores, capes, chat, multiple events and now this. :(|)
Now that I've finally found a good clan I'm actually looking forward to it, but I can't help but feel bad for the people who don't. :roll:

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:58 am

Sir Chris wrote:
Dr Brad wrote:
same 8)
After watching the trailer, It would be fun to build our own kingdom and gathering our own ressources would be very fun.

Im looking foward to that 8)

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Looking forward to somthing else as well. hope we also can agree to disagree as well with out some major argument. KOA is a wonderful clan. really like to see it stay that way.

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Post by serame » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm really looking forward to it too, if what it sounds like is what it will actually be like. It sounds like a really fun clan activity.

xMike
RSN: xMike

Post by xMike » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Been excited for this for a while now. I think they made the right choice by not just making it a money pit.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 pm

From the Citadel Dev Blogs forum discussion:
Blood Forest : Will it cost GP for clans to upgrade Hot spots like it does in Construction for POH? Also are construction levels needed?

Answer: No GP is required in the citadel. And no, hotspots don't need construction to update.

Hodge19 : Can we use this update without a clan leader?

Answer: As long as there are other people in the clan with appropriate permissions/ranks then yes, there's no reason your clan leader needs to be involved.

Pancrisp : I supposed that we're gonna have day and night scenes in the clan citadel? Most probably based on the server time, right?

Answer : Your clan can choose to have your layout in a night time mode or a day time mode. It doesn't change with server time.

Ian Adler : Will people not in clans be able to visit these floating fortresses?

Answer: That depends entirely on how your clan sets the security options. If you want to allow guests, you can.

SageScotLass : If we change our cloak motif, does that automatically change the Citadel's matching motif??

Answer: Yes, your clan colours & motif are used on the citadel. However, the change is not immediate as it is with your cloaks, as the area will need to be rebuilt (at build tick time for definite, other times depend on other factors) for them to be applied.

Hope that helps answer some questions. And I'm glad that so many of you are looking forward to the update... I sure am!

Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
and
The Skilling aspect is meant to be a way to use your skills produce resources, not a primary skill training method. XP awarded is calculated based on *your level* not the task, so we scale XP to give you slightly less than you'd expect to earn elsewhere at that level. The idea is that you spend a small amount of time per week fulfilling your clan obligations, not that you power-level in the citadel. The clan ring is there to compensate for the lower efficiency of skilling in the citadel, by giving you more xp when you go back out and skill normally.

The Citadel build tick is a week. i.e. you collect the resources, order a set of building tasks, and when the tick runs out, you all have to leave the citadel whilst its being rebuilt.

"To be clear, in the clan battle design...you can allow visitors to come and participate in the safe battles?"

Yes, as long as they are members of course.

"So I can roam across RS playing all kinds of different minigames in open castles?"

That's the idea Though the battlefield looks more like a battlefield than a castle. It is separate from the citadel itself (It is as big as a citadel ...).

Mod Chihiro
morituri te salutant

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Just a question, will helping the citadel count toward "clan activity" if were not a huge fan of normal events?