New KoA homeworld

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

KoA Homeworld

30%
34%
Both work well for me.
23%
Both are terrible for me.
14%

Total votes: 44

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

New KoA homeworld

Post by Deep_Pain » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:02 am

As discussed in a previous post a lot of clan members have had issues with w114.

The staff did some testing on the worlds suggested in the previous post and most worlds had problems for one or more staff.

The most often suggested and the worlds with least problems when tested were worlds 64 and 82.

w64 is listed as Lithuania but actually pings to USA.
w82 is a cw world which was previously listed as a UK world.

Please test these worlds before voting,

The winner will be the KoA homeworld - the other the KoA back-up or secondary world.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Re: New KoA homeworld

Post by Hid » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:11 am

Definately 82 for me, but seeing we got more americans in clan, it will just be the secondary world. Fine with me though. My new home world then :)
KoA achievements

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: K aty

Post by Katy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 am

Voted 82...tbh if it moves to 64 (current ping 649) may as well leave it at 114 for me...its just as bad - sc last sunday was very soupy :S

And just my comments...I know there is no way one world will suit all and we will cater for the majority :)
Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

“She who dies with the most shoes wins!

Ducky Fuzz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Ducky Fuzz

Post by Ducky Fuzz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 am

W82 for me (not coz im english) but 64 and 114 are bloody lethal no go :)

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:38 am

82 why o'course. Mind you, it gets crowded at times.
I'll post a guide later today on how to deal with cases of insane lag that kicks in on certain worlds. Might help a few people in cases they must visit a certain world.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:04 pm

If we need to change our homeworld that's fine with me. Today, both those worlds have bad ping for me. However, 64 was alot better than 82. I definitely understand the need for a different homeworld people can actually go on and use. I prefer w114 because that usually has less lag issues for me, less people, less gambling, etc. It's too bad the ping rates aren't the same for everyone so we can all be on the same world all the time... :)>-
ADDENDUM: I've been able to use w64 lately with no problems. How can I change my vote from neither work to w64 works?
Last edited by syfyqueen on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Why don't we just make two equal KoA homeworlds? I can't see many americans go to world 82 if it becomes the sole homeworld, and not many europeans go to world 64. We would automatically end up with two worlds anyway. Events organised at the main european times could then use the european homeworld, events at main american playtimes could be on the american homeworld?
KoA achievements

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Then we become KoA Europe and KoA North America -- a split clan?
morituri te salutant

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Katy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Dr Brad wrote:Then we become KoA Europe and KoA North America -- a split clan?

I dont see why....many ppl dont play on the clan world due to lag issues anyway...if for example w64 becomes clan home world because the majority want it to I (and maybe others) will still play else where as i have done since joining...it would be quite nice for folks who have until now been "split" (as you say-not how I personally feel) to have an oppurtunity to play in a choice of clan worlds and meet up with at least some clannies in game :)

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Why split? We are still in same cc and all. So far I have seen many people on world 114, and many not on world 114, but scattered over different worlds because 114 is just not playable for them. If you make two equal worlds, you can cater to the best lagfree experience for everyone, and no one has to put up with lag just cause it was made the clan homeworld. And with events .... imagine world 82 would win this poll and there will be an event at a time which would be in the middle of the night for the europeans, but prime time play time for americans. Would you really wanna use world 82, even though 90 % of the people particapating the event would lag like hell?
KoA achievements

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

I can see why people might think it would mean splitting up..
But that is only because at this moment we only have 1 homeworld. Almost forcing the members to use that world, no matter the lag.. That is... If members really want to be on KoA's homeworld.

Getting two homeworlds would indeed give the advantage of people not longer having to log in to a world with a bad ping.. Instead they can choose.. and still log in to a Homeworld.
With events, like earlier mentioned.. We have the advantage of being able to host the events which occur in US timepeak, in US servers.. And same goes for Europe/UK

Only 2 small downsides..
You will see less orange dots as some will go to the homeworld with a better ping.
Avatars, At the moment one is primarily used in W114 and one free to take. So then we should have 2 reserved for homeworlds??

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Avatars, At the moment one is primarily used in W114 and one free to take. So then we should have 2 reserved for homeworlds??
I think that would be the best way to do it.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Katy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Rocky wrote:
Only 2 small downsides..
You will see less orange dots as some will go to the homeworld with a better ping.
For me this is not true - infact the opposite...and I also reckon for quite a few....I rarely see an orange dot atm because I dont use 114 and just use a random world so rarely run into a clannie. If the new world was to be 64 this situation would not change for me however if we had two worlds I will log into 82 and hopefully see many more clannies and start to take advantage of the avatar etc. :)

Luna Mist
RSN: Luna Mist

Post by Luna Mist » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

82 is a def for me

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Rocky wrote:So then we should have 2 reserved for homeworlds??
Not for me, we don't reserve one for our home world now, I don't see why we should make a rule of it. As stated, if possible use in the home world, but is not a rule as such.
Image Image