Admin team changes - Poppy leaves KoA

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Admin team changes - Poppy leaves KoA

Post by Deep_Pain » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Poppy has left the admin team and KoA.

She decided that she didn't want to make her own leaving / stepping down post.

We know poppy has many friends in KoA and will be missed by many.
We'd very much like to thank her for the time and effort she put into helping KoA evolve into the clan it is today.

There have been some issues in KoA of late, some of these we will discuss in another post. However Brad, Poppy and I have had a conversation today, and between us we felt it would be in KoA's best interests if she stood down from admin. She felt that she should also leave the clan. Poppy has been a valued member of the team and we shall miss her input. We (The admin team) have a lot of work ahead of us to work on some of the problems the clan see in the admin team at the moment, primarily trust and transparency. Poppy will be unable to join us on this journey, but I'm sure she has the best interests of KoA at heart and will wish us the best in doing that.

The Admin team.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Re: Admin team changes - Poppy leaves KoA

Post by blarny3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:25 pm

As I have said on previous post I do trust the admin have the best interest of Koa at heart, ty and gl to Poppy on whatever she chooses to do.

A clan for me is always changing and evolving, as if you stand still...then you never will move forward in my opinion.
ImageImage

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Later tator

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:28 pm

So if I read that correctly, u asked (almost forced) poppy to stand down, even though she has helped koA into what it is today? Yes I agree there are problems to an extent within the admin and clan, but I can't blame poppy for leaving after a decision like that

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 pm

shortyp wrote:So if I read that correctly, u asked (almost forced) poppy to stand down, even though she has helped koA into what it is today? Yes I agree there are problems to an extent within the admin and clan, but I can't blame poppy for leaving after a decision like that
oh for god sake

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Shortstuff » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:32 pm

TrixStar wrote:
shortyp wrote:So if I read that correctly, u asked (almost forced) poppy to stand down, even though she has helped koA into what it is today? Yes I agree there are problems to an extent within the admin and clan, but I can't blame poppy for leaving after a decision like that
oh for god sake
Problem trix? This is not a post to cause drama, this is a post with my opinion

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 pm

TrixStar wrote:
oh for god sake
Please keep this thread constructive.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

mozcheez
RSN: mozcheez

Post by mozcheez » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted :D
[img]http://stat.rsig.eu/23000/mozcheez.png[/img][url=http://rsig.eu/u/mozcheez][img]http://advlog.rsig.eu/27463/mozcheez.png[/img][/url]
[spoiler][sig]2012-April-Thieving-2nd-mozcheez.jpg[/sig]
[img]http://www.koaclan.info/forums/download ... hp?id=2307[/img]
[sig]2012-01_Smithing_3rd-Moz.png[/sig]
[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/200/ ... pt2010.gif[/img][/spoiler]

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Galatians 6:7 Trix

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Dropping like flies this weekend.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 pm

scootch wrote:Galatians 6:7 Trix
Please keep religion out of KoA thanks

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Shortstuff » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

TrixStar wrote:
Please keep religion out of KoA thanks
no rule against it? just says keep it to a debate forum and out of clan chat :P

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 pm

I´m sorry to see this happening.
However, I believe sometimes difficult decisions have to be made for the good of the clan.
I trust our admin team.

I thank Poppy for her time in admin and for all her work she did for the clan.
I´m really sad , Poppy.
Take care and I wish you all the best both in real life and RS.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date. The only thing that has me somewhat confused is this partial statement, "However Brad, Poppy and I have had a conversation today..." I'm simply curious as to why Oobz wasn't included in the conversation. Was it due to timezone conflicts (not being able to all get in touch)?
Similar to what I said in a different topic/post...everybody, even admins, are human and can make mistakes/not act in the best interest of the clan. Am I saying that's what happened - no. Am I saying that somebody may be suited for a clan ranked position, then later be deemed unsuited for it - yes.
Take me for example. I was on the event's team for a short while. Not long after joining I realized I wouldn't be able to contribute to the extent required so was going to step down, but was convinced to do otherwise. Several months after that I was asked to step down and did. I didn't take it personally and still am enjoying the time I can spend in KoA, when I have the time for RS. It's not hard to stay if you admit you were doing something improperly, but much harder to stay if you can't reconcile with the actions taken.
Please don't use single lines of scripture out of context to make a point. Re-read Galations 6:6 - 6:8 and think about what the scripture is talking about. It is not talking about using God's name in vain.

Just my $0.02.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).