Beefeater

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Re: Beefeater

Post by magerpainz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't even know what to say!

Other than............... WTF?
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

putsters
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Putsters

Post by putsters » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:30 am

I see no reason to doubt admins concern over this matter and I refuse to debate their decision. They don't have an easy job, they did what they felt was right and that is where it ends for me.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

idk there's always two sides but not much can be done anyway.

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:55 am

I see no reason to doubt admins concern over this matter and I refuse to debate their decision.
MMMM... Kool-aid?

kool-aid.JPG
kool-aid.JPG (14.62 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
Image Image Image
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Iron_Bible
Inactive
RSN: Appellee

Post by Iron_Bible » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 am

hate to see things go down this way.

Sky_Armada
RSN: SkyTeck

Post by Sky_Armada » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 am

Well, I'm shocked.

Calviniuster
RSN: Calviniuster

Post by Calviniuster » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 am

Truly a shame it came to this point.

Ty, admin, for giving some sort of explanation. I value transparancy in leadership, it instills more faith.

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 am

Thankyou for your actions in replying, I know you are under no obligation to do so and Thankyou for keeping us safe Admin.

Andy

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Pilgrim Matt wrote:Thankyou for your actions in replying, I know you are under no obligation to do so and Thankyou for keeping us safe Admin.

Andy
Ditto

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Pilgrim Matt wrote:Recently a long term member was 'removed' for allegedly trolling the forums, then re-instated a few days afterwards. I thought this was very embarrassing for Admin at the time and a big knee jerk reaction that wasn't thought through correctly.
Andy is incorrect here. When members cross the line (e.g., disrespect, excessive drama, rule-breaking), Admin usually respond with warnings. Dismissal is a last resort. Sometimes the warning includes a short suspension from clan -- with the understanding up front that the person can return -- if they choose -- at the end of the suspension. This is what happened here. They were NOT kicked from clan and readmitted. Hence, no "embarrassment" for Admin.

Dr Brad
Oobz
Poppy Koc
morituri te salutant

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Brad

Would you like to add that to the list of rules so we actually know these things?

"Admin usually respond with warnings. Dismissal is a last resort. Sometimes the warning includes a short suspension from clan -- with the understanding up front that the person can return -- if they choose -- at the end of the suspension"

Andy may have been wrong, because 'we' didn't know this type of 'short suspension' existed. The flow of information goes both ways and when it stops, things start to crumble.

This is all I have to say on this unfortunate matter, lets draw a line under it, pull out a clean sheet and Crack on killing, skillin and questing! (Having an Honours Degree in Leadership and Management, I could pull out all the 'phrases', but I guess we are 'All singing off the same Hymn sheet'!

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Admind and staff have given warnings before, and this is done behind the scenes. If we knew everything that went on BTS, this clan would become more pf a debate clan, that a comunity in which it was made for.

Asking admin to add to the list of rules would just make theirs and staffs job increasingly harder, and we wouldnt be able to do anything in the friends chat / forum, without thinking 'did i break rule line 4 of page blah blah blah.

As you said Andy, draw a line under it, crack on with the game and just move on. This subject is done, the result is final, the rules are rules and admin are here to enforce them all aswell as looking out for everyones interests and safety

Rawstar
RSN: Rawstar

Post by Rawstar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:26 pm

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:54 am

As bad as I didn't want to hear it, in light of some recently obtained information from a 3rd party (not Beef, not Admins), I regrettably have to admit my better understanding of Admin's decision.
Beef will stay on my friend's list and I most likely will still talk to him frequently, but I understand why Admins. felt they had no other choice.

Let's play Runescape!!
Image Image Image
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:31 am

Let's play Runescape!!

Here, here!
morituri te salutant